follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2021, 01:52 AM   #1
Chimera86

Drives: 17' Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mishimoto CAI MAF scaling table?

Hey everyone, new here on the forum's so not sure if there is where to post this. I'm looking for the MAF scaling info for the mishimoto CAI (the one that sits behind the bumper, not in the engine bay) I know some people say you don't need to adjust the tune for it and some say you do so I figured I'd doit anyway as it seems like an easy thing to change. But I can't find any tables for it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*Note* 2017 Toyota 86 - currently running stage 1 OFT tune, will be changing to Stage 2 once my AFE headers and nameless overpipe/front pipe come in this week.
Chimera86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:16 AM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera86 View Post
Hey everyone, new here on the forum's so not sure if there is where to post this. I'm looking for the MAF scaling info for the mishimoto CAI (the one that sits behind the bumper, not in the engine bay) I know some people say you don't need to adjust the tune for it and some say you do so I figured I'd doit anyway as it seems like an easy thing to change. But I can't find any tables for it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*Note* 2017 Toyota 86 - currently running stage 1 OFT tune, will be changing to Stage 2 once my AFE headers and nameless overpipe/front pipe come in this week.

Yes it will need scaling to eun well on a 2017+ car

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64790

if your in canada especially on canada 91 you might want to adjust timing and fueling as well
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 04:47 PM   #3
Chimera86

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Yes it will need scaling to eun well on a 2017+ car

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64790

if your in canada especially on canada 91 you might want to adjust timing and fueling as well

So I know enough to enter a few points of data for the MAF from a YouTube video but I'm a total noob when it comes to getting my own logging done and doing all the scaling myself lol especially with fueling and whatnot. Was hopeful mishimoto might have the MAF table already done so I just input it and hope everything works 😅
Old 07-08-2021, 06:04 PM   #4
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,304 Times in 7,368 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
So I know enough to enter a few points of data for the MAF from a YouTube video but I'm a total noob when it comes to getting my own logging done and doing all the scaling myself lol especially with fueling and whatnot. Was hopeful mishimoto might have the MAF table already done so I just input it and hope everything works 😅
Look in Steve's sig. Lots of good info there. When I had a Perrin intake using a Perrin scale was still pretty far off. It is best to log the car and post to datazap. You will get a lot better help that way
Old 07-08-2021, 07:55 PM   #5
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

unfortunatly they dont supply maf scaling

needs to be done by user

can do the tune for you for reasnoble fee
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:48 PM   #6
Chimera86

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
unfortunatly they dont supply maf scaling

needs to be done by user

can do the tune for you for reasnoble fee
Damn alright well what would a reasonable fee be ? And what sort of info would you need to get it done ? Might not beable to get anything really done till next weekend or so as I'm working overtime hours this whole week

Tags
maf, mishimoto, scaling, tables, tune