follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-03-2022, 06:00 PM   #1261
Brz-123

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsu333 View Post
Hmmm...interesting to note that Harrop no longer lists the FRS/GT86/BRZ supercharger kit at all on their websites (Australian or US). Maybe the "pause for retooling" is a permanent end to production?
OZ still hasn't had their launch of the twins I think. So till they get a test car, they cannot progress with the measurements and fit before they can retool. So while what you say is a possibility, it won't happen as they have put a you tube video of their ascent engine FA24 on their gen 1 race car.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Brz-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:54 AM   #1262
Tatsu333

Drives: 2020 BRZ Sport Tech RS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brz-123 View Post
...it won't happen as they have put a you tube video of their ascent engine FA24 on their gen 1 race car...
I very much hope that is the case, since the Harrop kit is one of my top picks if I do go FI, but we'll see!
Old 05-16-2022, 12:16 AM   #1263
FunnyGopher

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
After years of researching and planning my build around this kit, learning they were put on hold the moment I was ready to purchase one, and then a year of anticipation as I waited for the new kit to be released, I finally have my hands on a lightly used kit!

The plan is to run the 90mm pulley with E52 on a flex kit, ID 1050X injectors, and an ACE A350 header. Stock fuel pump. Tuned by Zach from CSG. Goal is ~320whp. I'd love to run a larger throttle body, but I don't think I've found a reasonable solution that uses the same OEM throttle body form factor as to not run into clearance issues with the AC compressor.

I will definitely be posting if I have any trouble, and then a post when I finally get it all tuned and good to go. I'm very excited to get this kit on and finally complete a major piece of my build.
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
FunnyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FunnyGopher For This Useful Post:
bhmax (05-16-2022), grumpysnapper (05-16-2022), Irace86.2.0 (05-16-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 07:39 AM   #1264
grumpysnapper

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyGopher View Post
After years of researching and planning my build around this kit, learning they were put on hold the moment I was ready to purchase one, and then a year of anticipation as I waited for the new kit to be released, I finally have my hands on a lightly used kit!

The plan is to run the 90mm pulley with E52 on a flex kit, ID 1050X injectors, and an ACE A350 header. Stock fuel pump. Tuned by Zach from CSG. Goal is ~320whp. I'd love to run a larger throttle body, but I don't think I've found a reasonable solution that uses the same OEM throttle body form factor as to not run into clearance issues with the AC compressor.

I will definitely be posting if I have any trouble, and then a post when I finally get it all tuned and good to go. I'm very excited to get this kit on and finally complete a major piece of my build.

Very cool, glad you found a kit to install. Congrats.
grumpysnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:41 AM   #1265
PulsarBeeerz

Drives: JRSC BRZ SOLD
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Maxbore.com can overbore the OEM 2mm for $170. I had mine done by him. Turn around time is about 2.5 weeks however.
PulsarBeeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:14 PM   #1266
RedReplicant

Drives: None
Thanked 1,212 Times in 516 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

Glad to hear, the 320whp setup in my car felt pretty fun as a street car. Would haze 255 AR1s through second up an on ramp and made all the right noises.

You really don't need the larger throttle body though, what are you trying to achieve by doing it? It might be another added complication with respect to what I PM'd you.

edit: just realized you're local

Last edited by RedReplicant; 05-16-2022 at 01:43 PM.
RedReplicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 03:47 PM   #1267
FunnyGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReplicant View Post
Glad to hear, the 320whp setup in my car felt pretty fun as a street car. Would haze 255 AR1s through second up an on ramp and made all the right noises.

You really don't need the larger throttle body though, what are you trying to achieve by doing it? It might be another added complication with respect to what I PM'd you.

edit: just realized you're local
Honestly, I'm just a sucker for large TBs. I threw a larger TB on the car NA, and I loved it. I know sucking air plays a big part with a SC, so I figured having a larger port to suck air through would help suck more air. Lol. I probably don't need it, but the challenge of finding something that fits is also driving me a bit, even if I don't need it.

And yes! We seem to be in the same area. DM'd.
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
Old 05-16-2022, 03:50 PM   #1268
FunnyGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PulsarBeeerz View Post
Maxbore.com can overbore the OEM 2mm for $170. I had mine done by him. Turn around time is about 2.5 weeks however.
So I have the grams right now, unit is physically too big. I found a company called Blox that makes a unit that is 70mm, and it looks to be the same form factor as the OEM one, although I don't know how, so they're providing me measurements of the unit so that I can compare.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:44 PM   #1269
FunnyGopher

Just ordered a 90mm pulley from Harrop USA. Looks like the going rate for a pulley right now is $145 USD + shipping.

I also asked about the recommended coolant, since the installation only references what I believe is a part number, but upon searching that part number, I find nothing. Harrop told me it's just Dexcool coolant. If anyone has any additional insight, I'd like to know if it's a specific concentration of the coolant, or if I can just use a 50/50. I can also just ask Harrop since I have them in an email thread.

Quote:
I found a company called Blox that makes a unit that is 70mm, and it looks to be the same form factor as the OEM one, although I don't know how, so they're providing me measurements of the unit so that I can compare.
Follow up on the above, I got one last measurement from Blox that I believe solidifies that the unit is the same size dimensionally as OEM. That clearance next to the AC is super tight though and the measurement photos were not too accurate. Looks like I'll just need to order one and find out for myself.

If someone with a kit who is running an OEM throttle body and has retained their AC compressor could take a better picture of the clearance between the throttle body motor housing and the AC compressor, you'd make my day. I can't find any decent pictures online of the clearance up close.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:41 PM   #1270
FunnyGopher

Quote:
I also asked about the recommended coolant, since the installation only references what I believe is a part number, but upon searching that part number, I find nothing. Harrop told me it's just Dexcool coolant. If anyone has any additional insight, I'd like to know if it's a specific concentration of the coolant, or if I can just use a 50/50. I can also just ask Harrop since I have them in an email thread.
Harrop got back to me about the coolant and let me know the GM Dexcool Mfr. Model # AF850/1F is "generally what they recommend".
Old 05-19-2022, 01:44 AM   #1271
grumpysnapper

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Just ordered a 90mm pulley from Harrop USA. Looks like the going rate for a pulley right now is $145 USD + shipping.

Follow up on the above, I got one last measurement from Blox that I believe solidifies that the unit is the same size dimensionally as OEM. That clearance next to the AC is super tight though and the measurement photos were not too accurate. Looks like I'll just need to order one and find out for myself.

If someone with a kit who is running an OEM throttle body and has retained their AC compressor could take a better picture of the clearance between the throttle body motor housing and the AC compressor, you'd make my day. I can't find any decent pictures online of the clearance up close.
Hope these help
Attached Images

grumpysnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysnapper For This Useful Post:
FunnyGopher (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 06:31 AM   #1272
FunnyGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpysnapper View Post
Hope these help
You get a medal sir, thank you so much. I highly appreciate the rough measurements as well. You're a legend.
The Following User Says Thank You to FunnyGopher For This Useful Post:
grumpysnapper (05-19-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 11:14 PM   #1273
Turdinator
Seņor Member

Drives: 86 GT/'74 TA22 Celica/Kangaroo
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Honestly, I'm just a sucker for large TBs. I threw a larger TB on the car NA, and I loved it. I know sucking air plays a big part with a SC, so I figured having a larger port to suck air through would help suck more air. Lol. I probably don't need it, but the challenge of finding something that fits is also driving me a bit, even if I don't need it.

And yes! We seem to be in the same area. DM'd.
Toda do one. Its expensive tho.

https://www.toda-racing.co.jp/en/pro...-throttle.html
Old 05-26-2022, 11:29 PM   #1274
FunnyGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
Oof, that's expensive for 2mm. No thanks.

The Blox TB is showing up tomorrow. I'll be installing the kit over the weekend. I'll be able to confirm fitment or not in the next few days. After some quick measurements, the supercharger TB port is 70mm, which is also the size of the Blox TB. My guess is they'll line up very nicely. The TB also doesn't have the same coolant jackets that the OEM unit does, so there should be some more clearance there in case the unit itself is actually a bit bigger than measured.