follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #1
Marcbrz86

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MXP Comp RS or Spec D exhaust

I've been looking at these 2 exhausts lately since I'm planning on getting an exhaust soon and there isn't much on these exhausts. They both fit my budget of $600 shipped

I've got a few questions about each for those that own them

Spec D
How bad is the drone when silencers are out? Is it unbearable or tolerable?

Any rust issues? How's it holding up?

Any issues with it all?

How much does it weigh?

MXP Comp RS
Is there any drone? If so unbearable or tolerable?

Any rust issues since it's a lesser grade stainless steel l?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marcbrz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marcbrz86 For This Useful Post:
mizzta21 (10-11-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 12:24 AM   #2
95BRZ
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've had the Spec D exhaust installed for 5 months now and so far have had no issues with rusting or anything similar. The burnt titanium tips still look like they did when I first opened the box. The welding came out really good for the price I paid.

In terms of drone, this has to be one of the top exhausts with the most drone. I didn't like t at first, but it eventually grew on to me and I don't mind it. It's hard to really put the drone in perspective as you yourself may or may not find it as tolerable as I did. This exhaust drones the loudest at 3k-4k which is around the cruising speed depending on your driving. The sound level is higher then the Invidia N1, yet it's deep bass is still comparable to the N1. The silencers drop the sound the level down on par with the stock exhaust; the drone is non existent with them however.

The weight is about 20lbs and it cost $300 in total shipped overnight from the Spec D warehouse.

The only real issue I have is that the left tip faces 0.5"-1.0" lower than the right, that can be fixed at your local muffler shop however. It's very minor and hasn't bothered me that much.

If you're in the SoCal area PM and I'll let you drive it around so you can see how it is.

Overall 8.5/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
95BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 95BRZ For This Useful Post:
YamahaR86 (12-14-2015)