follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2022, 06:57 PM   #29
churchx
Senior Member
 
churchx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 GT86
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 4,333
Thanks: 696
Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
How are you forgetting about me @churchx ???
I just quickly searched through my notes .. maybe missed some others too. There is no excuse to this crime!
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (06-17-2022), soundman98 (06-22-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 02:05 PM   #30
Veypor
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Drives: 2015 FRS
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 15
Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Add the Motegi MR139 to your list, fits without any modification on stock suspension:
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...&postcount=619
Veypor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Veypor For This Useful Post:
new2subaru (06-21-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 08:30 PM   #31
Jakuzure
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Drives: 2023 SUBARU BRZ
Location: Canada
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
does anyone know if suspension and clearances are similar enough that all of this info will apply to a second gen car
Jakuzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 12:40 AM   #32
Spawn_Of_Creation
Human
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ Black
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 207
Thanks: 105
Thanked 102 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Do you think the rota slipstream 15x8 +40 will fit in the rear? I got my eye on some 27x9.5r15 super swamper ssr.
__________________
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Last edited by Spawn_Of_Creation; 08-11-2023 at 01:07 AM.
Spawn_Of_Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 04:45 AM   #33
churchx
Senior Member
 
churchx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 GT86
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 4,333
Thanks: 696
Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Will those offroad tires fit at all in our wheel wells without rubbing? (+2.5" diameter) 15" were meant more for narrower winter tire fitment. And way i see, where one might benefit from offroader tire use, these cars are "not right tool for a job" due many mods needed (eg. to increase ground clearance, add extra underside/engine protection, add high travel probably rather custom suspension), by time of adding them it makes more sense to use other, better fit for purpose car to begin with. In winter, such tires of harder all season-ish compound, big rubber patches w/o small sipes in thread, without weight of heavy SUV or pickup leaning on them .. i don't expect any reasonable grip at all. In summer .. i wouldn't want to compromise sporty performance on tarmac for car that is meant to be drivers car either.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 10:43 AM   #34
SCFD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Drives: FR-S
Location: USA
Posts: 171
Thanks: 313
Thanked 70 Times in 50 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn_Of_Creation View Post
Do you think the rota slipstream 15x8 +40 will fit in the rear? I got my eye on some 27x9.5r15 super swamper ssr.
That's a pretty aggressive setup... I'd be more worried about the tire clearance rather than wheel clearance.

This person is using a 25.5" tire and clearance is probably already tight: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...4&postcount=86
SCFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 10:51 AM   #35
Tokay444
Anti stance.
 
Tokay444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Drives: 17 White 860. RCE Tarmac 2. RE-71RS
Location: Not Canada
Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 899
Thanked 961 Times in 549 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Probably best to find the whole wheel, but who's Winter Tim?
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 03:44 PM   #36
Spawn_Of_Creation
Human
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ Black
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 207
Thanks: 105
Thanked 102 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Will those offroad tires fit at all in our wheel wells without rubbing? (+2.5" diameter) 15" were meant more for narrower winter tire fitment. And way i see, where one might benefit from offroader tire use, these cars are "not right tool for a job" due many mods needed (eg. to increase ground clearance, add extra underside/engine protection, add high travel probably rather custom suspension), by time of adding them it makes more sense to use other, better fit for purpose car to begin with. In winter, such tires of harder all season-ish compound, big rubber patches w/o small sipes in thread, without weight of heavy SUV or pickup leaning on them .. i don't expect any reasonable grip at all. In summer .. i wouldn't want to compromise sporty performance on tarmac for car that is meant to be drivers car either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFD View Post
That's a pretty aggressive setup... I'd be more worried about the tire clearance rather than wheel clearance.

This person is using a 25.5" tire and clearance is probably already tight: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...4&postcount=86
Guess i kinda derailed the thread a tiny bit, but the 15x8+40 wheel fitment question still applies. This is for offroad or bad country road in sand or wet dirt where i don't want to sink in, not for winter/snow. Weekend warrior rallycross kinda thing, on top of frequently traveling bad country roads that get washed out regularly.

I'm running 27" diameter all terrain tires already with a 1.5" lift kit (215/65/16 on 16x7+30). After frame rail hammer mod and heat gun to the fender liner, there is no rub even at full lock. The tire size isn't the issue, especially since i'll be running it rear only where there is much more room. Its the wheel size i'm concerned about if it will conflict with any suspension by being the 1" wider than the 15x7+35. The radius on the ssr is about 1/4" larger than what i currently run, and what's shown on the pics at 27.5" diameter. If i run into issues with rubbing on the inner well, i can always put on a 15mm spacer i suppose, which will put the inner wheel rim edge more in line with the 15x7+35. I'd prefer not to have any spacers or poke though.
Attached Images
  
__________________
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Last edited by Spawn_Of_Creation; 08-11-2023 at 04:48 PM.
Spawn_Of_Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spawn_Of_Creation For This Useful Post:
SCFD (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 10:39 PM   #37
churchx
Senior Member
 
churchx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 GT86
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 4,333
Thanks: 696
Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Slightly continuing offtopic (as i have no info on asked wheels brake clearance) are wished tires really providing more grip? Googling on gravel rally tires ( & here) show a bit smaller thread patches/more grooves. While such large empty spaces between patches imho might work better at slower speeds/at mud .. actually going at speed on gravel .. maybe different tires may work better/provide more grip?
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 11:06 PM   #38
Spawn_Of_Creation
Human
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2015 BRZ Black
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 207
Thanks: 105
Thanked 102 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Slightly continuing offtopic (as i have no info on asked wheels brake clearance) are wished tires really providing more grip? Googling on gravel rally tires ( & here) show a bit smaller thread patches/more grooves. While such large empty spaces between patches imho might work better at slower speeds/at mud .. actually going at speed on gravel .. maybe different tires may work better/provide more grip?
As far as rally goes, probably only in wet mud. I will use these in non motorsports more than I will in motorsports.

I have stock brakes, not brembos.
__________________
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
Spawn_Of_Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 04:42 PM   #39
Racecomp Engineering
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 5,413
Thanks: 3,430
Thanked 7,273 Times in 2,967 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakuzure View Post
does anyone know if suspension and clearances are similar enough that all of this info will apply to a second gen car
2nd gen GR86...yes almost certainly.

2nd gen BRZ...not entirely sure if the aluminum uprights shift things at all for the tie rod. It's so close with all of these 15 inch fitments that even the slightest bit of difference could be a problem. I'll test my 15 inch Enkeis on our 2nd gen car at some point.

- Adnrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
SCFD (08-12-2023)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winter Rims RandomHero Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 15 11-05-2012 08:06 PM
19 inch rims too big? Liquidcell Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 18 09-03-2012 01:07 PM
Winter Tires and 17" Rims?? stalon320 Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 2 06-03-2012 08:33 AM
Cheap winter alloy rims Sport-Tech CANADA 52 04-18-2012 10:30 PM
Photoshop Request: FT86 with 16 inch rims? EJ20 FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 18 02-25-2011 04:01 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.