follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #113
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Well, for the projects I work on, my boss bids them, one engineer does a pre-assessment for it, then my crew (3 people) plan and execute the work, then it's sent back to that same engineer for review. Not really a huge staff, when you compare a 1.5 million dollar project, to a 500 dollar tablet.

The complaints I've read here seem to be in line with what I've experienced, so yeah, I would say it's legit. If you're too swamped to deal with people in reasonable timing, it's time to expand.
Hey, you are the one saying "if my company..." so you can't play that both ways. My very point was it is not apples to apples.

Are you still ignoring all the people here that said they received responses in a couple of days?

Still does not mean he walked away because he got a new car as you keep asserting.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #114
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Hey, you are the one saying "if my company..." so you can't play that both ways. My very point was it is not apples to apples.

Are you still ignoring all the people here that said they received responses in a couple of days?

Still does not mean he walked away because he got a new car as you keep asserting.
I'm sure that there are happy people, but I wonder how much of the recently happy people are because he got his ass in gear because of threads like this? Let me remind you that OP had not heard back since November 2016. And only recently did he get a reply/refund.

He is lucky that there are so many satisfied customers who can jump to his defense. If I have a negative experience with a company, that was their one shot. I interact with customers a lot, and if I make a bad first impression, they're probably going to not want me working on their projects. I have high standards for companies I deal with, because I hold myself up to a high standard. Anything less, in my eyes, is unacceptable.

And I'm not asserting that he walked away. Just that since he has the fancy new cars and vacations a bunch because he got his nut now, there's less of an urgency for top notch service.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #115
Tcoat

Quote:
I'm sure that there are happy people, but I wonder how much of the recently happy people are because he got his ass in gear because of threads like this? Let me remind you that OP had not heard back since November 2016. And only recently did he get a reply/refund.

He is lucky that there are so many satisfied customers who can jump to his defense. If I have a negative experience with a company, that was their one shot. I interact with customers a lot, and if I make a bad first impression, they're probably going to not want me working on their projects. I have high standards for companies I deal with, because I hold myself up to a high standard. Anything less, in my eyes, is unacceptable.

And I'm not asserting that he walked away. Just that since he has the fancy new cars and vacations a bunch because he got his nut now, there's less of an urgency for top notch service.
Well since you brought up this thread and an example it is important to note that the OP went looking for a refund about 6 months after he purchased the tune. He didn't go looking for a refund because there was a problem or any other reason but simply because he changed his mind. Sure it took a while but many companies would have told him to go pound salt and he would have got nothing.

Your last line is where my main argument lies. You have zero to support that comment yet it is what you think is happening so it must be true. If you wish to keep saying that then at least put some evidence on the table that it is even remotely accurate.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #116
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Well since you brought up this thread and an example it is important to note that the OP went looking for a refund about 6 months after he purchased the tune. He didn't go looking for a refund because there was a problem or any other reason but simply because he changed his mind. Sure it took a while but many companies would have told him to go pound salt and he would have got nothing.

Your last line is where my main argument lies. You have zero to support that comment yet it is what you think is happening so it must be true. If you wish to keep saying that then at least put some evidence on the table that it is even remotely accurate.
That still doesn't make it ok to go incognito for months when you have someones money in your pocket? And I feel like dealing with a company that tells you to go pound salt after no services rendered would be a company you don't want to deal with.

The proof is on Facebook. Sorry that you're not active on there, and I'm not about to go digging to find stuff. There are also threads on here about implementing things that have ended up with zero response about why it never happened.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #117
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why were services not rendered?

Quote:
That still doesn't make it ok to go incognito for months when you have someones money in your pocket? And I feel like dealing with a company that tells you to go pound salt after no services rendered would be a company you don't want to deal with.

The proof is on Facebook. Sorry that you're not active on there, and I'm not about to go digging to find stuff. There are also threads on here about implementing things that have ended up with zero response about why it never happened.
Sure, if you say you'll give the guy a refund, give it, but it's not like the guy was waiting for a tune he paid for and never got it.

He never asked for it and then asked if he could have a refund many months later. That's why it's good to have a policy in place that if product isn't used within 90 days, no refunds. Hell, even that is a long time. Most companies require use within 30 days or no refunds.

Jaden
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaden For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #118
Chimera

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Sure, if you say you'll give the guy a refund, give it, but it's not like the guy was waiting for a tune he paid for and never got it.

He never asked for it and then asked if he could have a refund many months later. That's why it's good to have a policy in place that if product isn't used within 90 days, no refunds. Hell, even that is a long time. Most companies require use within 30 days or no refunds.

Jaden

You make a fair point in that purchasing the e-tuning from the web site does not do a lot in the way of setting expectations.. which feels unprofessional. but honestly, its $245 for professional services.. We charge a bit more than that an hour for the work I do where I work, mind you I get to see only a small portion of that.
Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #119
Tcoat

Quote:

But the service was given and the OP on his own decided he no longer wanted it. Go buy something and try to return it 6 months later. How about your work do the job and then have the customer decide they don't need the info anymore and ask for their money back. Bet your boss would be right on that.

Facebook is not evidence of fuck all. Unless of course there is a post by Shiv saying "Screw you customers I have a fancy car and am going on vacation since I don't care about the peasants anymore". You can make all the shit up you want that doesn't mean it is real.

Like the internet in general the complainers raise their voice and those with no issues remain silent. If you just rely on the complainers for your facts then you are in for a rough time.

I repeat, to be too busy to reply is one thing and he needs to deal with that. To keep slamming him based on speculation is a totally different thing. To the best of my knowledge you haven't even bought any of his products so the constant bashing is out of line. You are just feeding the rumour mill since now others will say "I read all these posts that he doesn't care about us anymore".
Jaden (05-05-2017), smg1138 (05-05-2017), Teseo (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #120
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Drives: 2014 Greddy Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymike1966 View Post
Ugh. This thread is disheartening. I have the OFT and like the ability to tweak the tune myself. But I will be getting the Sprintex SC in a few weeks and hate to hear about the e-tuning troubles with the OFT/Shiv. On the other hand Moto East is only an hour from me, but I don't like locked tunes. I have a locked tune on my truck and have to get the tuner to change the tune every time I mod the truck. Luckily, he keeps doing revisions for every mod(probably 50+ new tunes in the last 3 years). I'm thinking that would cost me a small fortune at Moto East. Anyone have a Sprintex base tune I can use as a reference to create my own tune? I am not a tuner but sure am a cut and paste pro.

Doesn't hurt to give them a call for an estimate.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #121
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nikitopo For This Useful Post:
Chimera (05-05-2017), strat61caster (05-05-2017), Tcoat (05-05-2017), Teseo (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #122
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
Old 05-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #123
Johnders2586

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
With all the negative feedback I just felt I should share my good experiences with Shiv and OFT products. After coming from using primarily Cobb products over the past decade. Being forced to switch to a new tuning device made me a bit skeptical. I read several posts on the forum, generally good, about OFT. I decided to go with it and have had nothing but good experiences since. I have sent Shiv several emails with questions and concerns and always received a quick and professional responses. The products are decent quality and shipped quickly. I would buy from them again. Hope everything works out for the people who were less fortunate.
Johnders2586 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnders2586 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-05-2017), Teseo (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #124
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
I want to say this is a dishonest business practice, like $8 hot dogs at a ball park, but I guess it isn't...
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #125
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
I want to say this is a dishonest business practice, like $8 hot dogs at a ball park, but I guess it isn't...
But I could retire and just post and sell popcorn! You want in?
Old 05-05-2017, 03:47 PM   #126
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
But I could retire and just post and sell popcorn! You want in?
Finally I can be a productive member of society and be a job creator! Like any good bootstraps story I put in zero effort and reap maximum rewards correct?
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-05-2017)

Tags
openflash, openflash tablet, shiv