follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2020, 12:17 AM   #1
saza26

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Varex Exhaust Availibility?

Howdy! I've been looking into getting a catback exhaust system for my FRS, mainly to get a better exhaust note. I had been looking at getting one of the X-Force/Varex systems that has the butterfly valves built in to the muffler. I like the idea of having control of the loudness.

Is this exhaust system no longer available in the US? Specifically I'm referring to the ES-T86-02-VKCS (I'll put some links below). I have seen other X-Force/Varex systems like the ES-T86-02-CBS at US vendors but none with the built-in valve. Are there any other companies implementing a valved setup like Varex?

Maybe I'm late to the party and they given up on that product with the current gen ending. If so I'll just get a Corsa.

EST862VKCS: https://xforce1-px.rtrk.com.au/product/est862vkcs/
EST8602CBS: https://www.maperformance.com/collec...-es-t86-02-cbs
saza26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:16 AM   #2
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
They still exist, I just bought and received the Xforce VAREX catback a few weeks ago. They're Australian made so if you can't find them in the states you might have to get it shipped from an Australian vendor that ships internationally.

Should be able to find product codes for varex muffler systems or catbacks through the xforce.com.au website just note xforce doesn't sell direct and you have to get them through one of their distributors.

Also that catback you linked doesn't have the VAREX motor, there are 4 different versions of the catback, 2.5 and 3 inch with and without the VAREX. You'll see a black box on the catback to indicate if it has the motor or not
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:30 AM   #3
saza26

Gotcha, yea I was getting tripped up parts numbers vs images. Thanks
Old 10-05-2020, 02:28 AM   #4
Sam86

Quote:
Originally Posted by saza26 View Post
Gotcha, yea I was getting tripped up parts numbers vs images. Thanks
Also just so you know, I installed the xforce catback whilst having tomei UEL headers and it sounds amazing.

Valve shut the car has a fairly deep and subtle rumble. It's not THAT quiet, definitely louder than stock but when you open the valve it's super loud, super rumbly, does a loud backfire pop when you let off the gas and definitely gets everyones attention when you drive off in it. Sounds really cool but i'm glad I went valved as i'd feel way too obnoxious driving around with valve open all the time.

And I went with the 2.5 option, can't even imagine how loud the 3inch would be.

If you're getting just the catback and no headers, not sure how different it will be. I've seen a video of someone with that setup, 2.5 inch without varex and they said they were underwhelmed with the in-car exhaust sound as they didn't think it was that loud, but they liked the outside driveby sound.

I'm super happy with my setup though- but I don't reckon the varex is worth it unless you have or plan to get UEL headers
Old 10-06-2020, 01:32 PM   #5
saza26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
Also just so you know, I installed the xforce catback whilst having tomei UEL headers and it sounds amazing.

Valve shut the car has a fairly deep and subtle rumble. It's not THAT quiet, definitely louder than stock but when you open the valve it's super loud, super rumbly, does a loud backfire pop when you let off the gas and definitely gets everyones attention when you drive off in it. Sounds really cool but i'm glad I went valved as i'd feel way too obnoxious driving around with valve open all the time.

And I went with the 2.5 option, can't even imagine how loud the 3inch would be.

If you're getting just the catback and no headers, not sure how different it will be. I've seen a video of someone with that setup, 2.5 inch without varex and they said they were underwhelmed with the in-car exhaust sound as they didn't think it was that loud, but they liked the outside driveby sound.

I'm super happy with my setup though- but I don't reckon the varex is worth it unless you have or plan to get UEL headers

Right now yea UEL are the plan. Depends how big my tax return is next year lol. I think wayyy down the line is to turbo it so that's why I had been looking at 3 inch.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:49 PM   #6
Sam86

Quote:
Originally Posted by saza26 View Post
Right now yea UEL are the plan. Depends how big my tax return is next year lol. I think wayyy down the line is to turbo it so that's why I had been looking at 3 inch.
If you search up “Thicc86” on Instagram, he has a turbo 86 running the 3inch xforce catback so should give you an idea of the sound. He’s featured by xforce so I’d assume his entire exhaust setup is all Xforce
Old 10-09-2020, 01:07 AM   #7
saza26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
If you search up “Thicc86” on Instagram, he has a turbo 86 running the 3inch xforce catback so should give you an idea of the sound. He’s featured by xforce so I’d assume his entire exhaust setup is all Xforce

Yea I follow em!! That's where I got the idea for the Varex. Love their diffuser too!

Tags
exhaust, varex, xforce