follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
white devil
Go Gators!

Drives: FRS White-out "blown up"
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
auto-dimming mirror

Am I old or do headlights really shine (blinding)in through the back of the car? I know the BRZ has an optional auto-dimming mirror but do you think it would work on the FR-S?
FA20 Turbo + HRI Tune + FA20 Flex fuel + FA20club intake + SRT headerback exhaust + FA20 headers + KW3's + Hotchkis front and rear sway bars + Cusco strut tower bar + Perrin oil cooler + Perrin pulley & brake stop thingy + GFB water & alternator pulleys + Crawford air/oil separator
white devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
einzlr

Drives: several
Be careful what you wish for. I have an unmatched hatred for the auto-dimming mirror in my BMW. It never really gets it right and I am always longing for a normal mechanical flip toggle.
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
AzFranz
Az to Nm to Az

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Someone on this forum actually went to subaru and installed on on their FR-S...If/when I find it I will post. Unfortunately I have a very full-time job and don't blog all day...lol. BTW what does lol mean? jk

Not too old either. I am 37 and have always had sensitive eyes; bugs me too.

Has anyone noticed that the toggle is reversed on this car or is it just me? I remember pulling it from front to rear allowing the mirrow to flip upward to stop the light from blinding me, but mine is reversed. Is this something new, or am I missing something? Go easy I have lived overseas for 12 years and all of my cars, I checked, flip as I describe front to rear.

Last edited by AzFranz; 10-04-2012 at 10:13 PM.
AzFranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
white devil
Go Gators!

Drives: FRS White-out "blown up"
Thanx for giving me hope....I'll keep searching the forums
FA20 Turbo + HRI Tune + FA20 Flex fuel + FA20club intake + SRT headerback exhaust + FA20 headers + KW3's + Hotchkis front and rear sway bars + Cusco strut tower bar + Perrin oil cooler + Perrin pulley & brake stop thingy + GFB water & alternator pulleys + Crawford air/oil separator
white devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
AzFranz
Az to Nm to Az

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Installed 60% of the FatMat that I pan on installing. I also installed the BRZ homelink rear view mirror

This is from ExiledLakai

He says he did it, but no specifics. Maybe looks him up and see...I am interested as well. Most manufacturers put the same wiriing harnesses in like cars, just not with all the options. So we may have the wiring installed.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
TheRipler
Reap the BReeZe

Drives: 04 LandShark STi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFranz View Post
Has anyone noticed that the toggle is reversed on this car or is it just me? I remember pulling it from front to rear allowing the mirrow to flip upward to stop the light from blinding me, but mine is reversed. Is this something new, or am I missing something? Go easy I have lived overseas for 12 years and all of my cars, I checked, flip as I describe front to rear.
Most manual mirrors will work both ways, but probably doesn't work as well the way you have it now. If you adjust the angle to where you can see clearly back with the tab flipped forward, it will reflect off the roof when pulled back.

How does a car's rearview mirror work when it's in the glare-resistant setting?

p.s.: I love my auto-dim mirror.
TheRipler is offline   Reply With Quote