follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
CharlieChaos

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android Tablet + torque

I don't know much about the android tablet work provided me with an Ipad so I mostly use that.

I read that the 7 inch Ipad is more like a larger Iphone then smaller Ipad (if that makes sense).

I basiclly want someone I can hook up and run Torque on as well as media other apps and nav. I heard you need to go with a bluetooth OBD for torque to function without lag. Not know much about the android tablets could someone please point me in the direction. Yes I have seen the thread on the android radio but I am not really interested in that

http://genometuning.com
http://www.BlackHandGaming.com
CharlieChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieChaos View Post
...I basiclly want someone I can hook up and run Torque on as well as media other apps and nav. I heard you need to go with a bluetooth OBD for torque to function without lag. Not know much about the android tablets could someone please point me in the direction. Yes I have seen the thread on the android radio but I am not really interested in that
I can't speak to the Nav piece because I haven't tried that, but I have run Torque with a Sonic gTablet, my Droid X Phone, and a couple of other tablets/phones belonging to friends and family. Here's some photos.

I haven't tried to use my tablet for Navigation because it is WiFi/Bluetooth only so I can't run Google Nav or anything like that on it. I have used both Torque and Google Nav on my Droid X at the same time, but you have to flip back and forth between them, not exactly ideal.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
CharlieChaos

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I can't speak to the Nav piece because I haven't tried that, but I have run Torque with a Sonic gTablet, my Droid X Phone, and a couple of other tablets/phones belonging to friends and family. Here's some photos.

I haven't tried to use my tablet for Navigation because it is WiFi/Bluetooth only so I can't run Google Nav or anything like that on it. I have used both Torque and Google Nav on my Droid X at the same time, but you have to flip back and forth between them, not exactly ideal.

Im just more concerned about user friendly. Basiclly I want to fiberglass the tablet into my dash keep the radio but run all of my music off the tablet into my radio and run Torque as well as Nav if needed. the nav option I dont care about as much

http://genometuning.com
http://www.BlackHandGaming.com
CharlieChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Charlie, you'd be very interested in the head unit I am getting. It does all that and more with out any custom fabrication.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote