follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 07-19-2020, 09:21 PM   #10851
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post
Here you go guys here's the link to a video kinda explaining the build. I didn't make the video public just cuz I made it to show you guys here in the forum.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Looking good. Cant wait to see some POV driving and dynos.
Have you tested them spooling yet? Just undo at TB make sure the Y pipe and everything is working.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:30 PM   #10852
BlOody_BoOger

Drives: Hot lava FRS Monogram Charizard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Looking good. Cant wait to see some POV driving and dynos.

Have you tested them spooling yet? Just undo at TB make sure the Y pipe and everything is working.
Yes I tested when I put it together both are working perfectly. It's hard to tell if it's making more boost I'm kinda tempted to hit boost once just to see what I read on my P3 guage. But I'm scared but then again when they Dyno it they're gonna have to do a base map run right?

BlOody_BoOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:37 PM   #10853
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
Yes I tested when I put it together both are working perfectly. It's hard to tell if it's making more boost I'm kinda tempted to hit boost once just to see what I read on my P3 guage. But I'm scared but then again when they Dyno it they're gonna have to do a base map run right?

It probably wouldn’t hurt to do 1 mini pull. really since most of the boost is low. If you did want to risk it. Just do 2nd gear 4k-5.5k rpm 1 time. Film or log your boost gauge to double check. Should be pretty apparent if it’s working.

I would assume he would load a premade base map probably a modification of your current tune but pulling out maybe 3 degrees of timing and adding 15% more fuel. And then slowly add more timing / lean out fuel each run to get closer to the limits. Could ask him to send you the base tune map so you can safely double check it’s all working correctly. Don’t want to find/troubleshoot issues while on the dyno and waste dyno time. Or since you have OFT could modify it yourself or hit up steve99 or wayno to help with base tune.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:57 PM   #10854
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
It probably wouldn’t hurt to do 1 mini pull. really since most of the boost is low. If you did want to risk it. Just do 2nd gear 4k-5.5k rpm 1 time. Film or log your boost gauge to double check. Should be pretty apparent if it’s working.

I would assume he would load a premade base map probably a modification of your current tune but pulling out maybe 3 degrees of timing and adding 15% more fuel. And then slowly add more timing / lean out fuel each run to get closer to the limits. Could ask him to send you the base tune map so you can safely double check it’s all working correctly. Don’t want to find/troubleshoot issues while on the dyno and waste dyno time. Or since you have OFT could modify it yourself or hit up steve99 or wayno to help with base tune.
Welp got some good news and some bad news. The good news is the system works both superchargers turn on fine and the bypass valve does the job. The bad news is the I'm not making the amount of boost I was hoping for. I was hoping to atleast hit 6psi but the most I saw was 5.6psi without intercooler and 5.3 with the intercooler. Still it's an improvement from my 4.3 max when I just had one phantom. I will say the initial kick when boost comes on is alot more noticeable. Is this worth the extra money and time at this I would say probably not lol but im so far in im still gonna go through with it.
Now just to bring the cost down I've decided to go with an E tune from OFT. Once I get the the E tune completed. I will do another VDyno and compare it with my last one. To see the improvement between the two.

Old 07-25-2020, 04:16 PM   #10855
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
Welp got some good news and some bad news. The good news is the system works both superchargers turn on fine and the bypass valve does the job. The bad news is the I'm not making the amount of boost I was hoping for. I was hoping to atleast hit 6psi but the most I saw was 5.6psi without intercooler and 5.3 with the intercooler. Still it's an improvement from my 4.3 max when I just had one phantom. I will say the initial kick when boost comes on is alot more noticeable. Is this worth the extra money and time at this I would say probably not lol but im so far in im still gonna go through with it.
Now just to bring the cost down I've decided to go with an E tune from OFT. Once I get the the E tune completed. I will do another VDyno and compare it with my last one. To see the improvement between the two.

Have you tested both of them individually, maybe one isn’t working properly or maybe is just older and less efficient, could have the worse one blow into the better one.

Did you add additional batteries to the setup and have each esc have it’s own dedicated battery system?
Could try running both but bypassing one, having one just blow into engine bay, to see if it has to do with battery draw on the system can’t keep up

Could also try running in tandem instead of compound possibly the 2nd ESC isn’t strong enough to compress the pressurized air from the 1st esc properly.

Are you positive the Y pipe is fully closing and not bleeding off some of the boost? Could try to cap it off or just bypass it to test.

.3 drop is a lot better than I thought. Did you get a IAT before and after to see how much heat it’s reducing?

Could try testing the batteries maybe getting old?
Old 07-25-2020, 04:26 PM   #10856
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Have you tested both of them individually, maybe one isn’t working properly or maybe is just older and less efficient, could have the worse one blow into the better one.

Did you add additional batteries to the setup and have each esc have it’s own dedicated battery system?
Could try running both but bypassing one, having one just blow into engine bay, to see if it has to do with battery draw on the system can’t keep up

Could also try running in tandem instead of compound possibly the 2nd ESC isn’t strong enough to compress the pressurized air from the 1st esc properly.

Are you positive the Y pipe is fully closing and not bleeding off some of the boost? Could try to cap it off or just bypass it to test.
I tried both chargers independently before putting everything together. The only thing I think it could be would be the second set of batteries since they sat for a while because I had ordered them too soon. But both volt meters read 28.3-5 and discharge pretty evenly and charge back up pretty quickly. Unless it's the second set of batteries is not draining quick enough idk.

As for the bypass valve jelke from torqamp assured me that it was tested before sending them out. I'm not sure under how much pressure they test them but he said it should be able to hold the boost no problem.

I could try the y pipe but the y pipe was not recommend since the amount of mad air flow would double it could cause the engine to surge.

I could also try switching the turbos around maybe one is pushing more than the other. And I might have the one pushing harder first.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:04 PM   #10857
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
I tried both chargers independently before putting everything together. The only thing I think it could be would be the second set of batteries since they sat for a while because I had ordered them too soon. But both volt meters read 28.3-5 and discharge pretty evenly and charge back up pretty quickly. Unless it's the second set of batteries is not draining quick enough idk.

As for the bypass valve jelke from torqamp assured me that it was tested before sending them out. I'm not sure under how much pressure they test them but he said it should be able to hold the boost no problem.

I could try the y pipe but the y pipe was not recommend since the amount of mad air flow would double it could cause the engine to surge.

I could also try switching the turbos around maybe one is pushing more than the other. And I might have the one pushing harder first.

Tried switching the turbos around and got the same results. I'm still going that at 5.3psi I can get atleast another 20hp and I'm only saying this cuz since the car is still on the original phantom tune, and just cuz on those quick pulls I did the car pulls so much harder than before. If I could try and explain it, it almost feels like going from the OFT stage 1 to OFT stage 2 E85. The difference is apparent.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #10858
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
Tried switching the turbos around and got the same results. I'm still going that at 5.3psi I can get atleast another 20hp and I'm only saying this cuz since the car is still on the original phantom tune, and just cuz on those quick pulls I did the car pulls so much harder than before. If I could try and explain it, it almost feels like going from the OFT stage 1 to OFT stage 2 E85. The difference is apparent.

What boost where/are you making at 7k rpm before and after?
Old 07-25-2020, 09:23 PM   #10859
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
What boost where/are you making at 7k rpm before and after?
I haven't hit redline since the car isn't tuned I'm kinda scared to. I was going full throttle 3rd gear from 3500rpm to about 5500rpm and I would hit 5.3psi. and I assume that rather than before where it would taper down to 2psi it'll only taper down to 3psi

Old 07-25-2020, 09:31 PM   #10860
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
I haven't hit redline since the car isn't tuned I'm kinda scared to. I was going full throttle 3rd gear from 3500rpm to about 5500rpm and I would hit 5.3psi. and I assume that rather than before where it would taper down to 2psi it'll only taper down to 3psi

Are you running stock MAP sensor? Or changed to an aftermarket?
Or running an aftermarket boost gauge?
Old 07-25-2020, 09:33 PM   #10861
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Are you running stock MAP sensor? Or changed to an aftermarket?

Or running an aftermarket boost gauge?
It's stock I do have the delicious tunning map sensor just wasn't going to install it untill I began the tunning process

Old 07-25-2020, 09:44 PM   #10862
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
It's stock I do have the delicious tunning map sensor just wasn't going to install it untill I began the tunning process

Ok it’s all making more sense now.
Stock map sensor only reads to 5.6psi.
Looking at your intercooler setup I thought it would create a good 1-1.5psi drop. I bet you are making closer to 7psi when bypassing it.

You have OFT so you could datalog this. With intercooler you peaked 5.3psi what did it drop to by 5.5k?. Did it hold onto that 5.6psi when bypassing it for a lot higher rpm?

If say 3.5k rpm intercooler peaks 5.3psi but by 5.5k drops to 4Psi.
If non intercooler 5.6psi peak at 3.5k but it holds onto it till 5.5k, or maybe makes 5.5psi at 5.5k rpm you can see the real difference.

Or just get an aftermarket market map sensor, or install boost gauge.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:48 PM   #10863
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Ok it’s all making more sense now.

Stock map sensor only reads to 5.6psi.

Looking at your intercooler setup I thought it would create a good 1-1.5psi drop. I bet you are making closer to 7psi when bypassing it.

You have OFT so you could datalog this. With intercooler you peaked 5.3psi what did it drop to by 5.5k?. Did it hold onto that 5.6psi when bypassing it for a lot higher rpm?

If say 3.5k rpm intercooler peaks 5.3psi but by 5.5k drops to 4Psi.

If non intercooler 5.6psi peak at 3.5k but it holds onto it till 5.5k, or maybe makes 5.5psi at 5.5k rpm you can see the real difference.

Or just get an aftermarket market map sensor, or install boost gauge.
Surprisingly it's holding boost better it never actually dropped untill I let off at 5500rpm

Old 07-25-2020, 10:00 PM   #10864
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
Surprisingly it's holding boost better it never actually dropped untill I let off at 5500rpm

Interesting. I know ecutek it only reads 19.9 total psi with stock map, which minus 14.7psi ambient is 5.2 psi. With my scangauge it’ll read to 5.6psi. My mechanical gauge however says i am at 12.5psi. I don’t remember what OFT map reads. I know stock sensor is very limited though. I would stop doing pulls until you get a new MAP sensor or at least boost gauge to see real numbers. Maybe you are really making about 7psi. It would be surprising to me at least with bypassing intercooler if you didn’t. But that intercooler should have a 1-1.5 psi drop.

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive