follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-01-2022, 09:51 PM   #1
branqo

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Uneven Camber on Passenger Side

I have a '16 BRZ with 50k miles. I noticed that the driver side wheels sit more flush with the fender while the passenger side is "sunk" into the fender. There seems to be ~15-20mm sunk on the rear passenger wheel and ~5-10mm sunk on the front rear passenger wheel (Front Driver Side: Flush | Rear Driver Side: Flush/1-5mm tuck). I previously had 17" advans and noticed that the back rear passenger wheel was lower than the other, but figured that the issue was just with the height on the coilovers (ST Suspension). After swapping to 18" kansei's recently, the difference became extremely noticeable. I found this thread that says the camber may be uneven when lowering and LCA's would fix the problem. I also heard that the rear sub-frame could be slightly misaligned. However, I don't think either of these problems would cause such a big difference between the left and right. I've included some pictures, but they're not the best. Don't mind the missing mudflap, it disappeared like a magician after bringing it to the bodyshop.

Extra Context: I recently got the vehicle back from a bodyshop when I was hit on the rear driver side and supposedly everything was fixed with an alignment on the new wheels (no alignment paper was given)

Is there any reasoning behind the unevenness between the left and right sides and any solutions?
Attached Images

Last edited by branqo; 09-01-2022 at 10:13 PM.
branqo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 02:06 AM   #2
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Get the car to an alignment shop and get a read-out.

Images of the car prior to accident?

My car was hit in the rear fender, and the original body shop shop repair did not pull the fender back out far enough to the original fender line. They did a great job with general shape and flow, but the actual fender didn't come out as far as it did from the factory

I had a 3rd party shop pull it back out for me later when I finally noticed (my tires were rubbing one side but not the other at full compression), but it's not perfect and will leave some ripples because the rear fender is not meant to be pulled
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 06:41 AM   #3
thomasmryan

Drives: hyper blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
the rear camber is non-adjustable with stock parts.

my 16's camber is 1.4 degrees on the drivers rear and 1.6 on the passenger rear. (I purchased rear lower adjustable arms for the next tire change.)
thomasmryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 10:25 AM   #4
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
2 other possibilities, A the accident shifted the back end of the car. B it was alway that way you just noticed it now because you are looking at it closer.

If it is not the body adjustment another fix is to get the Whiteline adjustable upper pins this will give you some adjustment on the top. Then you will need adjustable lowers to get alignment into specification.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 01:47 PM   #5
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I had more than a degree of rear cross camber on my 2013 from the factory, stock. Very sloppy.
Edelbrock Supercharger installed @ 50k
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote