follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-17-2022, 11:08 AM   #1
Maafeu

Drives: 2020+ Toyota FRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fuel Injector Module Swap

Hey Guys,

I'm just in the final stages of flipping over my FR-S to a BRZ and I'm curious to know if the Fuel Injector Module bolted to the side of the engine needs to be swapped as well.

I did a little digging and I noticed with the Scion FRS and the Subaru BRZ (at least for around the 2013 - 2014 years) they're both the same part number, and I'm wondering if any programming needs to be done. Any VIN Programming that would prevent it from starting / operating properly etc.

If anyone could shed some light on this, or have swapped Fuel Injectors in the past from one BRZ to another BRZ without programming that would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.
Maafeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 02:10 AM   #2
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Why are you even messing with the FICM?
As far as I know the only difference between the cars is the front bumper/headlights/springs (if you wanna go there).
Everything else is exactly the same.
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:07 AM   #3
Maafeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by x808drifter View Post
Why are you even messing with the FICM?
As far as I know the only difference between the cars is the front bumper/headlights/springs (if you wanna go there).
Everything else is exactly the same.
Not the response I was looking for but thanks for your input.
In terms of differences, externally there are those things.

(If you want to go there)

The differences between the cars are: (FR-S -Base Model to a BRZ Limited Edition, Excluding the Hakone, Monogram and 10-Series of the FRS)
Basically, every harness within the car, apart from the Engine Harness,
Smart Computers, Keyless Antennas, Door Handles, Climate control functions, Heated Seats, Auto Night Lights, etc..

So yes there are differences.

My question is in regards FICM Programming. And if they are different regardless of the same part number. As I’m changing the entire wiring of my FRS to a BRZ, my question is if that module needs to be changed as well.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2022, 05:21 AM   #4
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maafeu View Post
Not the response I was looking for but thanks for your input.
In terms of differences, externally there are those things.

(If you want to go there)

The differences between the cars are: (FR-S -Base Model to a BRZ Limited Edition, Excluding the Hakone, Monogram and 10-Series of the FRS)
Basically, every harness within the car, apart from the Engine Harness,
Smart Computers, Keyless Antennas, Door Handles, Climate control functions, Heated Seats, Auto Night Lights, etc..

So yes there are differences.

My question is in regards FICM Programming. And if they are different regardless of the same part number. As I’m changing the entire wiring of my FRS to a BRZ, my question is if that module needs to be changed as well.

Thanks
See should have mentioned that in your first post...
I assumed you did it the easy way and kept it the same.
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 11:36 PM   #5
Maafeu

Sorry, but I'm talking about programming. From a Scion FRS to a Subaru BRZ... So the model type doesn't matter...one company to another, does the programming differ?
Old 09-23-2022, 07:50 AM   #6
AussieBRZ

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maafeu View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm just in the final stages of flipping over my FR-S to a BRZ and I'm curious to know if the Fuel Injector Module bolted to the side of the engine needs to be swapped as well.

I did a little digging and I noticed with the Scion FRS and the Subaru BRZ (at least for around the 2013 - 2014 years) they're both the same part number, and I'm wondering if any programming needs to be done. Any VIN Programming that would prevent it from starting / operating properly etc.

If anyone could shed some light on this, or have swapped Fuel Injectors in the past from one BRZ to another BRZ without programming that would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

The Directt injector control module on side of engine is same in all cars no need to reprogram or even swap it unless its failed. Its not keyed to security or vin oe engine computer. Its not keyed to di injectprs either you just need 4 di injectprs with same flow number can all be 1 or 2 or ,3 just need 4 with same number
AussieBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote