follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
brandon678

Drives: scion fr-s 10th anniversary
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Re wiring the 10 series emblems ? need help

So i was wondering if there was any way I would be able to rewire the Scion FR-S 10 series emblems to turn on when the night time light go on the whole time, I was thinking if it can be done, or maybe just keep the white light on the emblem on at night with the headlights the entire time they are on.

Does anyone know if there any laws that forbid emblem light while u drive the entire time?

If they are legal would it be possible to have it wired so when the headlight switch is on manually the lighted emblems would go on the entire time for show or demo and they when i switch the car light back to AUTO mode they could go back to normal?

IM new here so I have a lot of questions I'm just looking for some answers and am really liking this forum.

Thanks
brandon678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
kALMIGHTY
Banned

Drives: TRD Ultramarine '13
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Don't the Scion emblems light up blue? If so, yeah that might be illegal. Only emergency vehicles are allowed to have blue lights, at least where I live.

If they light up white, then it shouldn't be illegal. The badges I assume are wired up to light only when you walk close to it and during locking/unlocking, right? You'd have to take the wire from the emblems and disconnect them from wherever they go into and tap them into your low beams.
kALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
brandon678

Garage
Name:  Scion-FR-S-limited-edition-10-Series-model-front-emblem-2.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  3.3 KB

Yea they light up white for a brief moment, and then the blue ring comes on but I was trying to see if I can disconnect the blue ring and just keep the white light on while the headlights are on. How would I do that I don't really have any wiring experience to be brutally honest haha

And do u think its possible to have a manual light mode (when u manually turn on the lights all the way not AUTO mode) with lighted emblems running and then switch back to normal (lights go off) when I switch it back to AUTO mode on the lights or vice versa?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
kALMIGHTY
Banned

Drives: TRD Ultramarine '13
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon678 View Post
Attachment 60914

Yea they light up white for a brief moment, and then the blue ring comes on but I was trying to see if I can disconnect the blue ring and just keep the white light on while the headlights are on. How would I do that I don't really have any wiring experience to be brutally honest haha

And do u think its possible to have a manual light mode (when u manually turn on the lights all the way not AUTO mode) with lighted emblems running and then switch back to normal (lights go off) when I switch it back to AUTO mode on the lights or vice versa?
Trying to have it turn off with AUTO and then on with headlights on is probably a little more complicated and I honestly don't know how that would work because my FR-S doesn't have Auto headlights. But from what I do know, finding the wire that power the white LEDs and then rewiring them into the wire that gets powered on with the AUTO headlight setting would be your best bet.

Someone more technical will probably be able to answer your question with which wires to cut and splice specifically, hopefully someone with a 10-Series, because I'm not an expert with this stuff either, just basic electrical knowledge lol.
kALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
brandon678

Garage
thanks allot you were a great help thanks brotha
The Following User Says Thank You to brandon678 For This Useful Post:
kALMIGHTY (12-23-2013)