follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
JMoore412

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS, 2014 GTI, 2013 Golf
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BEWARE of Batlground Motorsports in Atlanta!

I am posting this to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else. There is a shop called Batlgound Motorsports in Atlanta, GA that I was going to have work on my FRS after they finished up my 2014 GTI. I would like everyone to know to NOT USE THIS SHOP! It is costing me over $18,000.00 (parts, labor and towing) to fix the damage/ poor work they did to my brand new 2014 GTI with only 1100 miles on it. We where upgrading the car to stage 3, upgrading motor, front/rear BBK and a large list of other upgrades. They stripped out bolts in the sub frame, installed bolts in the wrong locations, didn’t tighten bolts, never even put all the bolts in the end links, installed the BBK wrong, had the motor machined wrong, installed the rods wrong (didn’t mark the ends and got them mixed up), damaged the front bumper, rear bumper, exhaust was bent and forgot to put the bracket in the car that holds the down pipe. There is more but this is just some of the things off the top of my head. The car was completely wrecked and not even drivable.

After well over a month the owner still will not make the situation right and after talking to his lawyer all he can tell me is he can’t comment on the situation that I will receive a “official letter” that I have yet to get. I don’t want anyone else to go through what I have had to go through this person has put my family in a financial hardship because of all the damage he did to the car.

These are just some of the pictures of how the car came back to me. It has taken well over a month and me shipping the car to Jacksonville, FL to get everything fixed. They had to pretty much take apart the entire car to fix all the damage that was done from this shops short comings. Don’t let this happen to you!

I went to this shop because a guy I thought was a friend was working at the shop and turned out he wasn't a friend at all. Though after all this happened I found out I am not the first person this has happened to according to reviews online. I trusted the fact that someone I used to work with and trusted worked there lesson learned just want to make sure no one else has to learn the lesson also these guys have no clue what they are doing.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is there custom intake pipe he spent an hour according to him making!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Inside my transmission

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the report on some of the issues half way through fixing it. The total ended up being $13,500.00 plus parts and towing came to over $18,000.00!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I am pretty sure the owner of this shop goes by Installer88 on this forum.
JMoore412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
asdf
Loading...████████] 99%

Drives: #0517
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
whoa.
asdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #3
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
You mean you can't trust a shop in the south called batlground motorsports?

Is their motto "Aint no Kar we can't ficks!"?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
El Guapo (12-02-2014), Pkush (12-01-2014), Shark_Bait88 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
Braces

Drives: 17 Alfa Romeo 4C
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Sorry for your misfortune. Not that I condone lawsuits, but you may want to consult with an attorney. Sometimes a simple letter from the attorney is enough for the shop to come to their senses and settle things with you.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Braces is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Braces For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #5
JMoore412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braces View Post
Sorry for your misfortune. Not that I condone lawsuits, but you may want to consult with an attorney. Sometimes a simple letter from the attorney is enough for the shop to come to their senses and settle things with you.

Good luck and keep us posted.
After all the back and forth this guy is not a man he is a little boy and going to stall and hide from the situation. If he does settle he wants a letter stating I won't talk about the situation. At this point honestly part of me would rather let everyone know what happened so this doesn't happen to anyone else! If I was younger 20-25 years old and this happened I wouldn't have a car to get to and from work and would have lost my job. At this point I want to make sure he doesn't do this to someone else. Though from emailing people and research I am not the first person he has done this to.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
Scaldy

Drives: 2013 red FR-S mt
Every time I hear a story like this I am dumb founded that people like this are able to stay in business. Sorry for your loss.
Scaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #7
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
FIND A LAWYER.

best way to close him down is to make him broke. (only to open up with another name)
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
MikeyBatz

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sue baby sue! In all serious though best way to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else is to put this guy out of business. If this happened on more than one occasion maybe try getting the other people he screwed over and file a class action lawsuit. Best of luck bud
MikeyBatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #9
mission2toilet

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I would also contact attorney general
mission2toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
JMoore412

People like this stay in business because they are little girls that open up LLC's in there wife's names to avoid action against them his name isn't even on the LLC. At this point the lawyer said "if he settles and wants a letter stating you won't talk about it would you be able to?" and my answer was no. After all the stress and money he has cost me I want to make sure that every show I go to and everyone I see knows my story so this guy doesn't have a chance to do it to anyone else. Even if I put him out of business he would find someone else to put the LLC under and reopen again.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #11
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ Spec S
Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,196 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
I hate seeing stuff like this. Any person passionate about something like a car guy (or girl) is about their car should not have their baby molested like this. I would do things to my own car I would never do to a customer's car. It's just dishonorable and I hate people who pass this kind of crap off on people. Crush him, sue him, hound him until he has to go into witness protection. Complete BS.
themadscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #12
FRSupra

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Why would you take a brand new car intending to have major modification done to a second rate shop anyway?

Sorry but this is partly your fault for being cheap.
FRSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #13
JMoore412

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSupra View Post
Why would you take a brand new car intending to have major modification done to a second rate shop anyway?

Sorry but this is partly your fault for being cheap.
CHEAP? I had over 40k in parts and well over 7k in labor on the car and I would have paid more than that! I didn't care about how much it cost just that it got done right. I called several shop in Atlanta and none would take on the job because it was such a big job. That is why the car is now in Jacksonville, FL. I was not cheap about it! I didn't know they where a crappy shop when I took it or I wouldn't have taken the car to them. I wanted APR to do the work but they couldn't do it.

Also this was all bolt on aside from the motor needing to be machined for the pistons. I did not have anyone to tell me it was a second rate shop as most shops have bad reviews these days even good ones>
The Following User Says Thank You to JMoore412 For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (12-04-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #14
J_kennington

Drives: 2013 asphalt scion FRS
Garage
The shop is well known around ga...and it isn't for good work. You said you read horrible reviews and still took the car to them. As mad as I am about your cars condition. You have to put half the blame on yourself.
2005 Yamaha yz250f
J_kennington is offline   Reply With Quote