follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #15
bkblitzed
is better than you

Drives: 2013 raven FRS
Thanked 1,347 Times in 745 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Throw stuff at him or punch his side view mirror when you get the chance. Be sure to video it so I can laugh
bkblitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:25 PM   #16
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
You're so dangerous!!! LOL

It was just so odd and unexpected having that CRV driver act that way after properly turning in and keeping in their own lane up to that point....I glanced in the rearview thinking "WTH???" as they were still on the horn and getting further and further back... This was not an idiot driver, but yet it was an idiot driver. I've had plenty of crazy idiot drivers do reckless stuff and honk because I'm 'holding them back' but no well mannered drivers do this before... if that makes any sense. I'm pretty sure the CRV driver is a case of a 'perfect' law abiding driver that can't stand people going 1 mph over the limit...
You don't have to drive like an idiot to be an idiot driver. And there's also probably plenty of non-idiots who, through their driving, lead us to think they are b/c they drive like utter numbskulls.

This sounds like a case of an idiot who drives, but doesn't drive like an idiot.

Then there's the rest of us here who can drive balls-on but scare the piss out of idiot drivers simply b/c we can make correct judgements about when we can go balls out with traffic ahead .

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #17
Priapus

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Don't want to hijack your thread, but this reminds me of an incident that happened several months ago, so... I'm gonna hijack your thread.

At point A, I was on the left lane waiting for the light to turn green to get on the west bound ramp.

At point B, SUV driver on the right lane noticed the "merge left" sign, then cut me off. Fuker didn't even use his blinker. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid damaging my beautiful RF fender and/or front bumper. I was livid.

To blow off steam, I beeped the horn. Beeped, not held it down for an annoying amount of time.
SUV driver then threw up his hands like "WTF? How is that my fault?"
I flipped him off
He then flipped me off right back, with both hands
I was like "Hell naw, this n!gga didn't just flip me off with both hands". So I air-jerked at him
He held up his right hand, but couldn't think of any other gesture to throw back at me, so he put it back down like "F it"
I won.

The End.
Attached Images

Priapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 PM   #18
jvincent

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Thanked 1,410 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Thanks for this thread.

I don't know if it's because of the shit ton of snow we've had up here, but people just can't seem to stay in their damn lanes. It feels like every day I'm driving along in the middle of my own lane, minding my own business, and I either catch up to or get passed slowly by some dumb fuck who thinks that cruising with his wheels in my lane is a good idea.

It's not like there's anything wrong in the other half of their lane. They just can't seem to keep their car in it. Come on people!
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:41 PM   #19
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus808 View Post
there's a lot of dumb people out there..... one time i needed to get into the right lane and to turn right

traffic was slow (about 10 kmph) i signaled, and changed lanes leaving at least 1-2 car lengths behind me so i don't cut the person off. then they lay on their horn for a long time.
they must have thought it was dangerous?
Come drive in NY, if there is a front bumpers worth of room between you and the guy in front of you, someone is going to try and get in
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:43 PM   #20
Gunman

Drives: 2019 Mazda Miata RF
Thanked 1,317 Times in 736 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I think Brad K. demonstrated the proper hand signal at Martinsville yesterday.
Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #21
Atticus808

Drives: Splash Mountain
Thanked 2,337 Times in 918 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
Come drive in NY, if there is a front bumpers worth of room between you and the guy in front of you, someone is going to try and get in
yeah i was in manhattan last year and it was crazy.
what's crazier is 1 out of every 5 cars is an s class mercedes. wtf?!
Atticus808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #22
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
Thanks for this thread.

I don't know if it's because of the shit ton of snow we've had up here, but people just can't seem to stay in their damn lanes. It feels like every day I'm driving along in the middle of my own lane, minding my own business, and I either catch up to or get passed slowly by some dumb fuck who thinks that cruising with his wheels in my lane is a good idea.

It's not like there's anything wrong in the other half of their lane. They just can't seem to keep their car in it. Come on people!
QFT!

I also hate it when people have an aversion to driving too close to one edge of the road (right lane - worried about hitting the curb, left lane - worried about straying into oncoming traffic) and wind up with their wheels in the middle lane.

Seriously? This is why I believe everyone should autoX their car at least one season.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote