follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Scion is going to Die at that price point, they'll be crushed under the weight that everyone would buy the BRZ over the FRS. If the BRZ isn't priced much higher, I mean most people in America ( From differnt Polls other then here I.E. Autoblog) and responses from different magazines all point to the BRZ being better. The only thing the FRS had was it's style and better front and that expected lower price point. If that's gone... well.. I'm sorry Scion it's not going to help your case. again a what if....

Hmm here's a good question. How many of you would still buy the BRZ if the Scion was 24k and the BRZ came close to 30?

I dunno about you guys but I would buy the FRS. I mean I never really had a problem with the interior and those things.

I mean 21K start (21,995) and (24,500) for the best equipped version, we're all Ok with, 24.5 base no bueno people go buy BRZ instead

Difference between the two $1000-1500, I'll take the BRZ. Difference $2000-3000 I will have to look at how they come equipped. Greater than $3500-4000 difference and I would have to go with the cheaper one.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #16
Mess11

Drives: Miata
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Guys, the $24k price is just "estimated" !

For all we know they could be pulling that figure out of thin air. It could just be their own "estimate".
Mess11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #17
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
lol that blue photo was so random, it isn't even a FR-S it's just a 86 with FR-S license plate.

I agree with you guys about how a $24k starting price is gonna kill it. I think the base 86 which comes with push start and dual zone climate control starts at $25k Japan. I can't remember where I got that number from though, I think it was from one of those news type show in Japanese and they announced their estimated price in Japanese. Plus if the EVO magazine review is true about the BRZ, the BRZ will have a stripped down version too, which will kill FRS sales for sure if Subaru brings it over to North Amereica.
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #18
RYU

Drives: really slow...
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I have a feeling the pricing analysts are data mining many of these threads online about pricing. If not, THEY BETTER!

The closer they get to 20K the better they will be. I hope they count on volume not per unit margins.

I can't wait to put a set of adjustable coilovers on this car. The chassis seems very responsive to small tweaks.
RYU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Hmm here's a good question. How many of you would still buy the BRZ if the Scion was 24k and the BRZ came close to 30?

I dunno about you guys but I would buy the FRS. I mean I never really had a problem with the interior and those things.
I would. I have zero interest in the base model with its current interior. Now if they offer upgrades, thatS a different story, but it already appears, at least from this article, that push to start will not be an option for FRS.
I totally respect those who are ok with the interior, different strokes for different folks, and so it may be a good option for them, but I want higher end surroundings and I am willing to pay for it, within reason. Limited BRZ with every option - 30k --- sold.
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #20
DuMa

Drives: LR BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
not a great review. not much was said to differ from the BRZ.

plus im not so sure thats an FR-S. i thought they got darker tail lights
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #21
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
@DuMa
The silver one is a FR-S for sure, the tail lights have less chrome. But the blue one looks like a 86 with a FR-S license plate, plus it still has it's Toyota logo >_>
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #22
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
For Scion's sake it better not be higher than $21,795. Unless that is they are trying to kill the company or point sales to the tC. LOL I'm not upset because I have no intentions of buying the FR-S.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #23
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess11 View Post
Guys, the $24k price is just "estimated" !

For all we know they could be pulling that figure out of thin air. It could just be their own "estimate".
Yes it is estimated however it is very close to the estimated price of the BRZ. whether the writer just made up the number or is basing it off of "off the record" info they have heard behind the scene we do not know. Will just have to wait until official release. But this is much much higher than many are expecting.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #24
KidWonder

Drives: 2004 Volkswagen Passat Turbo
24k! Typo?
KidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #25
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
For Scion's sake it better not be higher than $21,795. Unless that is they are trying to kill the company or point sales to the tC. LOL I'm not upset because I have no intentions of buying the FR-S.
How did you come to use the $21,795? Is there some meaning behind that?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #26
suprachica79

Drives: free Hyundai, 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaVI View Post
Yeah the 24.5k is a bit intimidating. It could be a premium version equivalent to the BRZ. Maybe there base price will be cheaper to 22-23k.
It says base price estimated at $24,500... so I don't see how you could think they meant anything other than base model price...

Anyways, if that is the case, even I may look at the Subaru, and that's saying a lot. $24,500 is insane for the kind of base interior we have seen. I would be comfortable with that price for fully loaded or damn near fully loaded (maybe everything without navi) but for base? Not a chance.
suprachica79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #27
tcseacliff

Drives: scion TC
badging

the blue one in the picture has a toyota emblem on trunk. white one has scion on front? if this is a scion review, whats with the Toyota badges? just wondering!
tcseacliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #28
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
the blue one in the picture has a toyota emblem on trunk. white one has scion on front? if this is a scion review, whats with the Toyota badges? just wondering!
White one? Hope you mean silver?

Tags
fr-s forum, fr-s forums, fr-s reviews, frs forum, frs forums, frs review, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s forums, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, scion frs forum, scion frs forums, scion frs review, scion frs reviews