follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List
gmookher

Old 10-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #477
lc300

Drives: 2014 BRZ Sport Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Gem:
To those of you who have enjoyed my recommendation for Pentosin, I have found something less expensive that also fits the bill, has the right specs and works great in our MT. Recently filled mine with this stuff I found at the Nissan parts counter, for like $12 and on amazon for like $19, still cheaper than pento in that you may be able to get this without having to pay shipping from a specialty vendor like with Pento(tho its also bmw branded LL- MTF2) the Elf should be able to be had at ANY nissan counter.
Its a 75w-80 GL4, with a 8.5cst
http://www.lubadmin.com/upload/produ...ang_1/7194.pdf

amazon asin B00ARDCYCC
enjoy!
-g
So it seems like Pentosin MTF2 is discontinued and not available in most stores.

The OP stated somewhere that he's switched to Elf, and it has similar properties to MTF2 and is easier to purchase as well.

Has anyone tried it out?

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...mp-mtf20p.html
lc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:22 AM   #478
Legend@wheels
nenber

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc300 View Post
So it seems like Pentosin MTF2 is discontinued and not available in most stores.

The OP stated somewhere that he's switched to Elf, and it has similar properties to MTF2 and is easier to purchase as well.

Has anyone tried it out?

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...mp-mtf20p.html
well
it looks similiar to what i tried on my car-
ELF 75w80NFP (pretty similair to the NFJ)
so far is the best oil ive tried (out of OEM,Motul 300)next oil im going to try the pentosin MTF2 and see how it goes.(got the feeling that it will be very close to the elf or even better).
anyhow -the 2nd cold issues are disappeared by 99%.
i still got the 3rd gear stiffness/grind feel that happens every 3-4times i shift from 2 to 3 gear.
hopefully the mtf will solve it and if not ill try get a new box under warranty(which i suppose will feel the same as mine at all)
*update
seems like after awhile this oil getting weaker and cant work properly on high rpm-SO NOT good! :P keep looking for another oil

Last edited by Legend@wheels; 01-10-2019 at 12:31 AM.
Legend@wheels is offline   Reply With Quote