follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
viking84

Drives: BMW 120d M-Sport Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any Norwegians tempted by this car?

If this car ends up as cheap as some people are hinting at (under 70.000 USD / 400.000 NOK) on the road then this should appeal to a rather large audience of people who previously couldn't contemplate buying a 200+hp car from new. I will certainly be test-driving one the moment it is released!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
Kazama

Drives: avensis d-cat 177hp wagon 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking84 View Post
If this car ends up as cheap as some people are hinting at (under 70.000 USD / 400.000 NOK) on the road then this should appeal to a rather large audience of people who previously couldn't contemplate buying a 200+hp car from new. I will certainly be test-driving one the moment it is released!
WELCOME! good there are more Norwegians having interest for this car!

I am getting it, but i will not buy it a the first realese year,maybe after first year of it hitting the market. will wait and se if any special models comes to norway.hope TTE comes up whit somthing good. or will we get TRD options?
Kazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
viking84

I love the idea of a more powerful version, but I also know I could never justify it. Would probably end up costing 600k NOK or more (100k USD) and then there are a lot of tempting BMW's

I can't wait to try the GT-86 though, I'm hoping it'll be a more manly version of the MX-5 which is great to drive but just not powerful enough for my liking!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
RaceR

Drives: 2010 Cooper S, 74 Beetle
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yes, im highly considering this car!
Been reading on this forum everyday for some time now.
GT86/BRZ is the only new car in later years that had got me very exited!

Been into the BMW community earlier, and consider myself an BMW entusuast if I should go for one brand. But if its RWD and fun to drive, brand is not important!
Got an 01 MR2 at the moment. Wanted to try a cabriolet and MR-drivetrain.

Viking84, what are your main reasons for considering this car instead of your nice 1-series Coupe? You have even bought LSD for it, wich is the only thing it lacked in my opinion.
Cons: Less practicality (less rear seat passenger space), not that much equipment and premium feel compared to your car Id guess. More noise...
Pros: lower weight, sportier handling (most likely) and higher revving more powerful engine with good sound and throttle response.
Your diesel engine might be better as an everyday driver tough..
Anything else of importance?

It all comes down to the price. 400-500.000 NOK is alot of money for me!(especially since I bought a house recently)
But id really like to buy my first brand new car! And the GT86/BRZ seems so right for me!
Im also considering 1-series (would like the new one, but not so sure about the looks, and the 118I with the right options is pricy) Ill take the 118I (maybe 116I) for a test drive when the GT86/BRZ hits the marked! (local dealer in Bergen only had 116d for testdrive last time i visited, so did not test it)

Also considering a brand New Mini Cooper to about 260k since I consider it great bang for the buck with low depreciation and good fun for a FWD. But do not think Ill be able to enjoy a FWD car in the long run.
Had a Golf bluemotion for a year. (company/private car) Fine vehicle, but no fun. Winters were especially boring, and missed my RWD bimmer alot!

It all comes down to the price.
With the following number: 28000 USD, 180g Co2, 1200kg, 200HP, the Norwegian price would be 418000NOK/ 72000USD.
Ill highly consider it then. But if it will be around 470k+, then Ill probably...

If Co2 gets down to 160g, then it will be around 20000 NOK cheaper. I have read Toyota were aiming for 160g. *fingers crossed*
(If the car had 175 HP, then it would have been 60000 NOK cheaper! 10000 USD cheaper with 25 less HP !!)

Have a bad feeling price will be higher then just taking American "maxumim/fully loaded BRZ price" and adding the whole "package of Norwegian taxes". Dealer needs to earn more here. Also, if I as a private person would import the car from a European country then the price would start higher then 28000USD.

Maybe I should have moved to Sweden, nice prices there! :p

....love the car... But not moving to Sweden tough..
Let it be a maximum of 400k NOK "base"/Premium and 420.000 fully loaded/limited edition. That is already above the maximum of what I would consider my "car budget"! But for this car I am willing to stretch! If I am buying I will probably keep if for 4-10+ years.

*Fingers crossed for a good price!*

What do you guys think the price will be?
RaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
RaceR

Good news in this link?? Are these the official numbers from the beginning of 2012?
http://www.statsbudsjettet.no/Statsb...alkulator2012/

Looks like the HP taxes will go down by a little next year.. (but some of the others taxes goes up by a little, so the average new car will be a tiny bit more expensive).
Lighter higher powered (170-200hk) cars with low Co2 emmisions will roughly be 10-25.000NOK cheaper compared to this year. Around 20000 cheaper depending on CO2 emmisionsfor the GT86/BRZ!

A BMW 1M coupe would be 70000 cheaper, wich is great for cars in that range. (But still paying 300.000 in just HP taxes!)

Last edited by RaceR; 12-09-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
Thorann

Drives: Volvo S40 Sport '06 Black / GT86plz
Sweet

More Norwegians, sweet!

I badly want this car aswell, but being a student means my wallet does not cooperate with a brand new car I guess. Even tho I badly want either the BRZ or GT86 (need to see them both first), also sent mail to both Subaru and Toyota Norway.

From Toyota Norway I got an estimate of 450,000,- NOK even though the price is not set yet.

I also tried that calculator from statsbudsjettet, and my math came down with this :

150 000,- NOK for the car (base price, other countries.)

Norwegian tax due to new calculator 170 000,- NOK taxes. (Co2 160g/km, 1200kg, 200hp).

= 320 000,- NOK for BRZ, and I sent a mail to Subaru Norway with my math and asked if it actually could come out this cheap, due to new calculator etc for 2012. And they didn't have a price yet, and that they doubt it would be that low priced.

I really hope it won't be much over 400 000,- NOK.
After what Ive seen this car would be perfect, and it would also be sweet to have an all new car.

Can't wait to see it for real (not on photos or video), and test drive to see if this actually is as great as it looks and seems.
Thorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
RaceR

Nice to see other Norwegians drooling over this car aswell!
And that you even sent mails to the dealerships. Almost considered it myself.

In your math you forgot one important thing. 25% VAT wich you have to pay on everything you import or sell in Norway.

This site does it all for you. Just put in the numbers.
http://www.toll.no/templates_TAD/Reg...epslanguage=no

Say 28000 USD (the base car price in norway will probably be with alot of options, so price would be higher then a Scion) More like the Limited Subaru BRZ im guessing.
160g CO2 is hopefully right. But probably on the lower side.
1200kg should not be far of. But might be a little heavier...
200hk
Price: 397 775,- (2011 taxes)

With 2012 taxes you might be able to take away 23 779,- (if it works that way)
Im guessing best case could be 375000,- To be honest, I do not think that is a very likely price for a good equipped GT86/BZR due to the following reasons.
1. Dealerships need to earn more here to make a living compared to the US.
2. If you order a new car you usually pay around 10000,- to get it delivered/shipped and on plates at your dealership. (correct me if im wrong. And yes, they probably have stuff like that in he US on top of selling price too)
3. All the prices above are based on "best cases" (what if 180g CO2, what if 2012 taxes are not that helpful, what if dollar/yen (or whatever) increases and the dealerships would pay more for the car.
4. We have better guarantee compared to most countries. Meaning that Subaru or Toyota Norway has to "earn" more to be able to pay for the extra guarantee cases that may come up before selling the car to the dealership.
(don't know if that is the right way to say it, or exactly how it works within the car companies, but you probably understand). There is no such thing as extra free guarantee, the consumer have to pay for it one way or another.

For comparison:
BMW 1M coupe, 46135USD, 224 CO2, 335HP, 1495KG,
Should cost 930.000 here according the import calulator at toll.no. (about 160.00USD)
Starts at 1.013.000

About the same difference with the BMW 135I. 70-80000NOK more then you might think. I would like to check out the lower powered BMW models but they don't sell them in USA!

Mini Cooper S, 23800 USD, 136 CO2, 184HP, 1140kg
Should cost 312000,- (about 53500USD)
Starts at 330.000,-
Eey, only 18000 ekstra! I always considered it a bargain for a fun car with 184hp car.

Mazda MX-5 160hp cabriolet. 23190 USD, 181g CO2, 160HP, 1165kg*
*(maybe lower weight? EU numbers? Not easy when some is dry weight, some is with fuel, and some is with fuel and driver... Some is for base options, and some is fully loaded with all extras.. Same thing goes for other cars. Not that easy to be 100% sure of a cars weight and wich source or number I should use in the calculator)
Should be 317.000 with those numbers. (about 54500USD)
Starts at 410.000!!!
Yes, WTF is wrong with this price in Norway?? I always tough it was a bit expensive considering a BMW 120I coupe with a much better 170HP engine starts at 370.000. The new 170HP 2012 f20 118I starts at 370.000 too.
Yes those cars needs atleast 50.000 ekstra in options. But anyway..

So, my point and conclusion with all this. There are still alot of variables when trying to estimate the price. 370-420k depending on numbers for the car and the 2012 tax regulations for cars.
Also, importer/dealership could add 15-90k on top of that price.
Im guessing its about 10k for shipping/delivery from the fabric to the dealership with plates.

If you, or someone one day in the future should consider importing a car from Germany this site is brilliant for Norwegians! mobile24.no
Its basically mobile.de (Germanys equvilant for finn.no cars section)but with Norwegian taxes built into the site!
For the record. I have never imported a car. But have considered it since you often save around 50.000NOK++ on the right models.
But when buying brand new, I would like to have the comfort of a dealership. Especially now since we have 5 years warranty on all cars.

When that is said. Maybe dinbilpartner.no (wich among others offers new Toyotas at a reasonable price) will sell the GT86 for a nice discount . If it will be alot cheaper trough/from that site, then we will have some great arguments to haggle on.

I really want this car, but still afraid it will be over my budget. Either way I have to test drive it and see how it goes from there!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
viking84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceR View Post
Viking84, what are your main reasons for considering this car instead of your nice 1-series Coupe? You have even bought LSD for it, wich is the only thing it lacked in my opinion.
Cons: Less practicality (less rear seat passenger space), not that much equipment and premium feel compared to your car Id guess. More noise...
Pros: lower weight, sportier handling (most likely) and higher revving more powerful engine with good sound and throttle response.
Your diesel engine might be better as an everyday driver tough..
Anything else of importance?
If it wasn't for the warranty period coming to it's end I probably would never sell my beloved BMW As it is though I have decided to sell the BMW and for the first time treat myself to a brand new car! Would you believe my two candidates at the moment are the GT86 and the VW Amarok?? Two very different prospects, but much the same price and both potentially a lot of fun
Old 12-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #9
Thorann

Drives: Volvo S40 Sport '06 Black / GT86plz
Damnn..
I totally forgot the extra 25%VAT on top of that.

Ohh well. Guess we won't be seeing this car below 400 000,- NOK then.

And with additional equipment versions (for those of us who want fogs, leather seats etc) I guess we will see the 500 000,- NOK real fast..

Man, I really dont like these taxes.. It destroys my plan of getting my hands on one right after its release.

Can't wait till Im done with bachelor and master studies and get a real paycheck each month.

I wonder what insurance prices will be aswell.
Thorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
RaceR

Quote:
Would you believe my two candidates at the moment are the GT86 and the VW Amarok??
No,those are two completely different worlds. :p

You should make a thread about it under the "FR-S / BRZ vs.... " section of the forum. Would be like cursing in the church.. hehe..

I dont get it, but im sure u have your reasons.

Last edited by RaceR; 12-10-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
RaceR

Wow! The Norwegian section of this forum is almost busy..

We all hate the car taxes!! Not easy keeping track of them since there are so many...

I do not think it will go near the 500k range. Really not hope so.
It should be good equipped at base price. Could not be that much extra for leather seats and the stuff... We are talking about a pretty "simple" Toyota/Subaru here.. Not that much options, and they will probably just make it a base and a premium model.
And we don't pay more then normal VAT on extra equipment.

Im pretty sure the taxes will turn out just as the 2012 prices says and that they start in the beginning of the year. That means a base price of around 400.000 could be realistic.
*again, fingers crossed*
Old 12-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
viking84

Hehe, not a common dilemma I agree, GT86 vs Amarok I love cars that are built for a purpose and that offer something unique and they both fit that description. Just have to decide what I would enjoy most: unrivalled drifting balance and sporty performance, or being able to tackle a 45 degree incline with two motorcross bikes on the back? It's a tough choice!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #13
RaceR

Ok, makes more sence to me now viking84

BTW, I have no clue about the insurance.
But I do think and hope that it will not be that bad in the first years. Most people in the 18-23 range will not be able to afford this car brand new. So I think insurance prices will for reasonable, for a 200hp new sports car that is. But as younger people starts to buy it second hand insurance prices will probably rise. Especially for the younger people.
I you start at 0% bonus then it will probably not be cheap. But with 70% bonus and 25(+) years of age I think it will turn out okay anyway.

Maybe the toyota model will be cheaper??
No statistics for the car model, or from recent new Toyota sports models. I guess Toyota also have better statistics with less of the larger crashes since its generally bought by " caucus and careful drivers"??
The insurance companies probably have more bad statistics for Subaru and their WRX models that might put the Subaru BRZ at a disadvantage?
But since its the same car, who knows.

Wich cars are you guys considering the most?
BRZ vs GT86. Assuming they will sell both models in Norway.

Main factor will be price and how I like the exterior/interior in real life. Not sure wich model I prefer the most at the moment.

GT86 pros for me:
-Tuned for more agility (less understeer on limit)
-White and sportier rpm gauge
-Its an 86. Hachi Roku (small argument)
-More local Toyota dealerships (small argument)

BZR pros:
-"Subaru blue paint" (think the BZR have a really nice color there)
-Subaru community with more car enthusiasts and track days. (Do not know how the imprezadriver club will welcome the BZR tough. But have a Subaru-friend, and he knows other Subaru people)
Old 12-11-2011, 04:33 AM   #14
viking84

If I go down the sportscar route again it'll definately be the GT86... They are so similar, and I'd like to be able to say I own a HachiRoku It has to be close to 400k though for it to be viable, if it starts closing in on 500k then there are too many good BMW's in the running!