follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tell Toyota we don't need Scion FT-86

If there any way to get our voice to Toyota that we want it as a Toyota. They can water it down by making another car use same plateform or whatever.
I'm thinking about hit facebook now...
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
makes me wana just run down to any dealership and punch an employee of Toyota in the face. Stating my hatred. Then get sued. Causing the media to get involved. When news gets out it starts a chain reaction of violent crimes against Toyota across north america. Resulting in FT86 as Toyota branding.

/thread
Old 10-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
roflmao... great Idea.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
A-Spike

Drives: BMX bike :P
Hmm..."Body Style Changes: Yes, slightly more square.", I found this rendering on a website a while, I think it comes from Mag X or something. Headlights are a bit more square, still I hope it won't look like this concept thing.

Attached Images

Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Matador
hashiryu

That concpet you see there turned out to be the new tC. See now why Scion doesn't need to get it's grubby mitts anywhere near the FT-86?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
A-Spike

Like the guy on the Toyobaru forum said, this may be Toyota's last try to save Scion, but why to save Scion? And why with this car that should have "injected some driving fun back into Toyota", like Akio Toyoda said.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
Dark
Elite Padawan

What a point of giving FT-86 to Scion to save it? It's not even a volume car. If they want, bring Aurion and give it to Scion.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
A-Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
What a point of giving FT-86 to Scion to save it? It's not even a volume car. If they want, bring Aurion and give it to Scion.
Well, in theory with a car like the FT-86 in it's showrooms, Scion could claim that they mean business, the drift junkies could go buy it and drift it just the way they bought it if they want. A move like that would make the public to see all the Scion cars sporty and exciting, even if they aren't, and would increase the brand's image. However it's Toyota who needs to increase it's sporty brand image, not Scion.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #9
YourFearlessLeader
Team ScioNRG President

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I dont understand what the problem with it being a scion is. The only difference would be the badges. If you cant handle driving a "scion" then you need to grow up.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFearlessLeader View Post
I dont understand what the problem with it being a scion is. The only difference would be the badges. If you cant handle driving a "scion" then you need to grow up.
There are lots of problems with an item being sold under different management/brandings. Especially when names are attached to public opinion and stigmas.

In the US, the automotive industry is difficult to work with. We have a very different marketing perspective than the rest of the globe. Which is the reason for the increase in size is most newer vehicles across the spectrum.

FT86 production car is being sold as a Toyota, yet the US might perhaps get a watered down or completely different Scion 86 due to marketing differences.

Also with very limited scion dealers across the nation, its going to be difficult for those who want to get their Scion86 serviced under licences scion technicians. I can think of 1 Scion Dealer within 25 miles of me, but there are 6 Toyota dealers on the way there. Toyota dealers might have to take up some of the responsibility/load of the car especially when honoring warranty.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
A-Spike

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
There are lots of problems with an item being sold under different management/brandings. Especially when names are attached to public opinion and stigmas.

In the US, the automotive industry is difficult to work with. We have a very different marketing perspective than the rest of the globe. Which is the reason for the increase in size is most newer vehicles across the spectrum.

FT86 production car is being sold as a Toyota, yet the US might perhaps get a watered down or completely different Scion 86 due to marketing differences.

Also with very limited scion dealers across the nation, its going to be difficult for those who want to get their Scion86 serviced under licences scion technicians. I can think of 1 Scion Dealer within 25 miles of me, but there are 6 Toyota dealers on the way there. Toyota dealers might have to take up some of the responsibility/load of the car especially when honoring warranty.
Yeah, what WingsofWar said, plus that the main purpose of platform sharing and co development is to make money by selling 2 cars with the development costs of one, not the mambo jambo they are trying to. Like I already said, the car should be sold under the Toyota and Subaru brands world wide, not Scion in America, Subaru in Europe and Toyota in Japan. And did you tried to imagine how bad the FT-86 would look with Scion's square shapes. If not, look at the image bellow.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #12
Matador
hashiryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Spike View Post
Yeah, what WingsofWar said, plus that the main purpose of platform sharing and co development is to make money by selling 2 cars with the development costs of one, not the mambo jambo they are trying to. Like I already said, the car should be sold under the Toyota and Subaru brands world wide, not Scion in America, Subaru in Europe and Toyota in Japan. And did you tried to imagine how bad the FT-86 would look with Scion's square shapes. If not, look at the image bellow.

eewwww ewww ewwwwww my eyeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss
Old 10-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
Dark
Elite Padawan

Quote:

My eyes... kill it with fire.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #14
karasha
ft86 n00b

Drives: Lexus IS350 & IS300
Quote:
A - You are a scion fanboy/performance modder. So obviously you're going to rep you brand hard. I'm a Toyota/Lexus fangirl, as par to many people on here. So we're going to hope for our brand too. :P

B - ... If I need to grow up, I would be driving a Toyota or Lexus, considering Scion is supposed to an entry level carmaker for younger generations.

Sorry, I know I'm being a smart arse, but I couldn't help myself.

Quote:

karasha is offline   Reply With Quote