follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #43
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by byun View Post
Yup, got the dongle. Tried the logging last night and it didn't show AM or any of the custom maps. I'm going to talk with the tuner to see
Have you had an updated tune since you got the dongle? If you look in the logs or maybe the info screen you should be able to see what RaceROM revision you have, perhaps if you look at the tune on your laptop it might show it too. The v9.1 has a SVN number of 24256, these were developed for use with the EVi.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:57 PM   #44
byun

Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Have you had an updated tune since you got the dongle? If you look in the logs or maybe the info screen you should be able to see what RaceROM revision you have, perhaps if you look at the tune on your laptop it might show it too. The v9.1 has a SVN number of 24256, these were developed for use with the EVi.

Yea, tuner confirmed not on the latest version or RR. I'm currently on 20479

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
byun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:33 PM   #45
Kodename47

Quote:
Yea, tuner confirmed not on the latest version or RR. I'm currently on 20479
I'll suggest there's the reason, so you won't get any of the ECUtek logging parameters until the tune is updated.

Kodename 47 DJ:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
byun (12-13-2016), Luftwaffel (12-17-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 10:40 AM   #46
byun

Garage
Quote:
I'll suggest there's the reason, so you won't get any of the ECUtek logging parameters until the tune is updated.
Ecutek confirmed you must have the latest RR version in order to log AM or Custom Maps.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #47
Kodename47

Quote:
Ecutek confirmed you must have the latest RR version in order to log AM or Custom Maps.
There are quite a few parameters that come under ECUtek parameters, so it's worthwhile to have the update.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Old 12-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #48
byun

Garage
Quote:
There are quite a few parameters that come under ECUtek parameters, so it's worthwhile to have the update.
Definitely, get them all when logging with my laptop, but would like to have them in the app so makes logging easier.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #49
BRZoomTX

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are the RaceROM features not available to retail upgraded RaceROM licenses (DIY tuning)? I've updated but am not seeing the RaceROM 9.1 feature files.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #50
Kodename47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZoomTX View Post
Are the RaceROM features not available to retail upgraded RaceROM licenses (DIY tuning)? I've updated but am not seeing the RaceROM 9.1 feature files.
If they dont download when you run an update then they aren't available yet.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Old 12-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #51
BRZoomTX

Quote:
If they dont download when you run an update then they aren't available yet.
Got it. It sucks that they limit retail users so much from access to beta features. I still don't understand why they don't allow retail users access to the ROM compare either.

Guess I'm stuck waiting again.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #52
Kodename47

Quote:
Got it. It sucks that they limit retail users so much from access to beta features. I still don't understand why they don't allow retail users access to the ROM compare either.
I can understand beta maps so only tuners get access and are more likely to be able to test and verify. However it seems that proven tables don't get moved that often. The compare feature also isn't all that at the moment, you need the same ROM type and RR version for it to work. I would suggest if you didn't limit these features to paid tuners then what would stop people just going the cheap route and tuning others?

Kodename 47 DJ:
Old 12-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #53
BRZoomTX

Quote:
I can understand beta maps so only tuners get access and are more likely to be able to test and verify. However it seems that proven tables don't get moved that often. The compare feature also isn't all that at the moment, you need the same ROM type and RR version for it to work. I would suggest if you didn't limit these features to paid tuners then what would stop people just going the cheap route and tuning others?
I thought I read somewhere that the retail licenses are limited to how many different cars can be flashed. I think I can only set up 4 or 5 flash licenses on my dongle before it limits me. Its not really practical to try and tune others' cars without a tuner / shop license.

If stopping people from going the cheap route is the issue, just add the ROM compare to the retail RaceROM upgrade. No end-user is going to pay the extra $350 for features they can't use (locked tune from their tuners).

I've actually never tested using my retail RaceROM upgrade features on someone else's car. They've always had their own kit, and I just use their license to correct small stuff such as MAF after intakes. If I can set up a ROM with RaceROM / custom maps on my end, and use their license to flash to their car and have everything work perfectly, I can see why they'd limit the features in that case. I always assumed the RaceROM features wouldn't work properly if flashed with a license that doesn't have the retail upgrade.

Anyway, I'm way off topic now. Thanks for the input. I sent an email to EcuTek and they're forwarding me the 9.1 RaceROM files to play around with until they're put on the updater for retail users.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #54
Kodename47

Quote:
If I can set up a ROM with RaceROM / custom maps on my end, and use their license to flash to their car and have everything work perfectly, I can see why they'd limit the features in that case. I always assumed the RaceROM features wouldn't work properly if flashed with a license that doesn't have the retail upgrade.
You hit the nail on the head. I wasn't sure of limiting licenses to a dongle ID but I guess that would make the most sense, however once an ECU has a license any ROM can be flashed so long as it's applicable to the flashing dongle (open or correctly coded). This is done under ECUtek's fair usage policy and is stated on the T&Cs.

Kodename 47 DJ:
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
BRZoomTX (12-16-2016)
Old 12-16-2016, 02:19 PM   #55
woomis

Drives: 2016 FRS Release Series 2.0
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
There is no programmatic limit to number of first flash / license installs a dongle can perform. If you've bought 10 licenses keyed to your dongle ID, you may install 10 licenses. Whether or not they will sell you that many is the question.
woomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 01:08 AM   #56
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,988 Times in 2,982 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
I thought I read somewhere that the retail licenses are limited to how many different cars can be flashed. I think I can only set up 4 or 5 flash licenses on my dongle before it limits me. Its not really practical to try and tune others' cars without a tuner / shop license.

If stopping people from going the cheap route is the issue, just add the ROM compare to the retail RaceROM upgrade. No end-user is going to pay the extra $350 for features they can't use (locked tune from their tuners).

I've actually never tested using my retail RaceROM upgrade features on someone else's car. They've always had their own kit, and I just use their license to correct small stuff such as MAF after intakes. If I can set up a ROM with RaceROM / custom maps on my end, and use their license to flash to their car and have everything work perfectly, I can see why they'd limit the features in that case. I always assumed the RaceROM features wouldn't work properly if flashed with a license that doesn't have the retail upgrade.

Anyway, I'm way off topic now. Thanks for the input. I sent an email to EcuTek and they're forwarding me the 9.1 RaceROM files to play around with until they're put on the updater for retail users.

Most pro tuner supplied roms have race rom features added and they flash fine even with the basic ecutek kit with no racerom extension. So cannot see any difference if you have boughtvthe racerom extension then you can create and edit your own racerom enabled tunes andcflash them

But yeah their might likely be a limit on the number of liciences they will associate with a non tuner dongle. But if the guys already have liciences in their ecus from other tuners it shgould not be a problem. Ive also puhased liciences from multiple tuners and that does not cause a problem either.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote