follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 05-10-2017, 06:38 AM   #15
BirdTRD
Simply Forgotus

Drives: 2014 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolF_RS View Post
What if I wan to run the same thing as you, but instead of having a solid brake triangle, having it flash, how could I achieve this? I already re-wired my Valenti V to stay on with with lights on, but the issue in having is my triangle break light is only flashing brightly when I step o the brakes when the car IS off, but once its on, the LEDs dim and don't flash.
Watch the video in this thread. Wire your light like he does in "version 2" as follows. Red wire gets de-soldered from "fog", green wire de-soldered from "TA" and now those two ends get connected together. This becomes the Blue wire on the outside harness which gets tapped into your running/parking light circuit. The V light is now on with running/parking lights (red wire on factory tail light harness I believe) Apparently you have already done this step but double check your work.

Now de-solder just the orange wire from the "stop" terminal and re-solder it to the "fog" terminal. Now both the orange wire to "fog" and the black wire to "stop" become the Red wire on the outside which gets tapped into your brake circuit. (Green wire on the factory tail light harness) This will give 12V to the "Triangle" and F1 blinking circuit when you step on the brakes.
12V is required at the "fog" terminal to power the triangle LED's and 12V at the "stop" terminal drives the F1 blinking circuit which interrupts the ground side of the triangle several times, giving you the blinking effect during braking.

If this is how you have it, triple check you connections, make sure you have them right and everything is making good contact. I think there was another post where someone had a similar issue and it turned out to be a loose connection at the tail light.
BirdTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BirdTRD For This Useful Post:
WolF_RS (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #16
WolF_RS

Drives: 2015 Ultramarine Scion FR-S (MT)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Got it, I'll double check my connections and get back to the post, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
Watch the video in this thread. Wire your light like he does in "version 2" as follows. Red wire gets de-soldered from "fog", green wire de-soldered from "TA" and now those two ends get connected together. This becomes the Blue wire on the outside harness which gets tapped into your running/parking light circuit. The V light is now on with running/parking lights (red wire on factory tail light harness I believe) Apparently you have already done this step but double check your work.

Now de-solder just the orange wire from the "stop" terminal and re-solder it to the "fog" terminal. Now both the orange wire to "fog" and the black wire to "stop" become the Red wire on the outside which gets tapped into your brake circuit. (Green wire on the factory tail light harness) This will give 12V to the "Triangle" and F1 blinking circuit when you step on the brakes.
12V is required at the "fog" terminal to power the triangle LED's and 12V at the "stop" terminal drives the F1 blinking circuit which interrupts the ground side of the triangle several times, giving you the blinking effect during braking.

If this is how you have it, triple check you connections, make sure you have them right and everything is making good contact. I think there was another post where someone had a similar issue and it turned out to be a loose connection at the tail light.
WolF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #17
fuxo

Drives: Subaru BRZ MY2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tato.valverde View Post
The OP in this thread basically switched up the Brake and Running wires that go outside the lamp assembly and tapped into the car.

The red wire was always intended to be the brake wire, and is used as a running light instead, and the blue wire was intended to be the running light, and is used as a brake light instead.

I'm not sure about the S shaped ground cable though...

Anyhow, I finally did my wiring this weekend to have a separate Fog Light switch, and it works like a dream =) I still need to install it on the car though, it's cold here in Chicago...

Attachment 146640

Hi tato.valverde so does your setup separates v from triangle and triangle serves as and is on when fog light is on right? I need to do the same setup as i am from Europe and need to have a separate fog light. Any other wiring needed to be run from Fuse box as you were mentioning previously? What about wires setup in trunk? Still need to connect the red and blue to the tail lights? Thanks.
fuxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #18
tato.valverde

Drives: Scion FRS RS1.0,Mazda MX-6 2.5i 4WS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuxo View Post
Hi tato.valverde so does your setup separates v from triangle and triangle serves as and is on when fog light is on right? I need to do the same setup as i am from Europe and need to have a separate fog light. Any other wiring needed to be run from Fuse box as you were mentioning previously? What about wires setup in trunk? Still need to connect the red and blue to the tail lights? Thanks.
Correct, i did my own re-wiring "design" because I'm moving to Spain and I will need a rear fog light there.

On my case, my U.S. spec FRS didn't come with any wiring for the fog lights, or no switch or anything, so I bought a switch and ran a wire all the way to the Valenti light, which you can see on the picture. On your case, since the wiring is already there, you can just run that wire into the Valenti (presumably the middle wire of the 3 wires on the connector under the trunk lip) and have it working with the stock fog light switch and wiring =)
tato.valverde is offline   Reply With Quote