follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 01-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #715
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,943 Times in 11,378 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
LOLOLOLOL Hobo simulator is probably the best description ever. Early in the game I need some aluminum for a weapon mod and I got so excited when I found a room with a bunch of cans strewn separately all over the floor. I dug through them all chucking the steel ones and keeping the aluminum. I actually thought to myself "I bet I look like that guy on the trike that digs through the recycling bin every garbage day".
As mundane as things like that can be it is something I actually enjoy about the game.

Ha! that is totally me as well.

I was completely frustrated to find out the some "aluminum trays" were actually made of steel.

What really got me excited though was discovering that when in Workbench mode, I could drop the junk items I was carrying, go back to workbench mode and highlight the items on the ground and scrap them which cut their weight down to about a 10th of the actual object they came from.

It seriously needs a grocery cart item that you can push around and put more stuff in, or maybe latch up to dogmeat so he can pull it.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #716
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post

I was completely frustrated to find out the some "aluminum trays" were actually made of steel.

Damn offshore knockoffs!
Dadhawk (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #717
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Honestly, I was slightly disappointed with the FO4 story line. Very morally ambiguous with most choices, not enough options to end things without combat. I finished the game very quickly as well. Have discovered around 130 locations, finished over 120 quests, finished every ending, maxed out all the companions and got to level 64. It took me less than 2 weeks (however, that included 4 days that I took off from work, and invested 8-10 hours into the game on each day I was off)

The game itself is great, a lot of improvements to it's mechanics from FO3 and FO:NV. Just lacked in the amount of story line. I'm sure I haven't done like 400 other side quests, but the fucking Minutemen story line is the absolute worst. Probably the most annoying part of the game for me, with rinse and repeat quests in different locations that you've already discovered, so it's not even like you'll find something new.
Lol i just beat Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Took me a year and 2 months. Lol loved it though!
Dadhawk (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #718
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packofcrows View Post
Lol i just beat Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Took me a year and 2 months. Lol loved it though!
Yea Assassin's Creed is another time suck for me when I play it.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #719
Mmmankey

Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k View Post
I really need to do my research into jumping over to Intel. This was my first amd build and while yes it is good for budget builds, I am left wanting more performance. I can respect what Amd is doing with their apus but they aren't for me. I am planning on going with Asus for the board again. I've been nothing but pleased with it. I am just overwhelmed with how many boards are available and so many platforms. Lifes caught up with me and my geeky-ness has fallen.

I made the jump to team Blue and team Green about a year ago. I have never looked back since. My FX8320 was getting outshined by my friends SandyBridge i3 and that was the last straw.

I currently run a 4790k on an Asus Z97 Pro Wifi and a GTX780. Cant really go wrong with that board and the Wifi card in it is a beast. As for the amount of boards, I know what you mean. I tried parting out a Skylake build for a friend and they are just too similar. IMO it boils down to wanting Wifi because right now small form factor boards (mITX) are the only affordable ones that have Wifi. Then theres the Asus Z170 Deluxe with like anything you could wish for. All other mid range boards lack Wifi which puzzles me. If you don't need Wifi I would recommend just some thing Z170 that fits your needs maybe $100ish. Unless something has changed since November this is how the Intel Skylake market is right now.
Mmmankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:11 PM   #720
g33k

Drives: 2009 Nissan Altima, 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmankey View Post
I made the jump to team Blue and team Green about a year ago. I have never looked back since. My FX8320 was getting outshined by my friends SandyBridge i3 and that was the last straw.

I currently run a 4790k on an Asus Z97 Pro Wifi and a GTX780. Cant really go wrong with that board and the Wifi card in it is a beast. As for the amount of boards, I know what you mean. I tried parting out a Skylake build for a friend and they are just too similar. IMO it boils down to wanting Wifi because right now small form factor boards (mITX) are the only affordable ones that have Wifi. Then theres the Asus Z170 Deluxe with like anything you could wish for. All other mid range boards lack Wifi which puzzles me. If you don't need Wifi I would recommend just some thing Z170 that fits your needs maybe $100ish. Unless something has changed since November this is how the Intel Skylake market is right now.
I would usually run team green on all my builds this is my second amd gpu. I should have stuck with nvidia when I upgraded for fallout 4 but hopefully new drivers will help with the fps dips. I do realize most of the dips I get are caused by cpu as well. Which is why I've been pondering upgrading and amd cpu's seem to be dead in the water. Thanks for the recommendation on the boards gonna take a look and fill my wish list. Time to hint at the wifey what I'm eyeing lol.
g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g33k For This Useful Post:
Mmmankey (01-06-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #721
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k View Post
I would usually run team green on all my builds this is my second amd gpu. I should have stuck with nvidia when I upgraded for fallout 4 but hopefully new drivers will help with the fps dips. I do realize most of the dips I get are caused by cpu as well. Which is why I've been pondering upgrading and amd cpu's seem to be dead in the water. Thanks for the recommendation on the boards gonna take a look and fill my wish list. Time to hint at the wifey what I'm eyeing lol.
Dont think that team green is any better with Fallout 4. Even SLI 980's encounter problems with that poorly optimized game.

I'm team blue on CPU (I'm even a AMD stock holder) because the advantage is just too great.

Team red on GPU. Don't like Nvidia CEO or business practices.
Never once had a driver issue that kept me from playing a game I wanted to.
Heck my 7950 is still chugging along overclocked and able to play anything I throw at it @1080p with max settings.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #722
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
... Team red on GPU. Don't like Nvidia CEO or business practices.
Never once had a driver issue that kept me from playing a game I wanted to.
Heck my 7950 is still chugging along overclocked and able to play anything I throw at it @1080p with max settings.
I've always been Team Red. (OK this "team" thing is new to me on this so I'm assuming this is AMD/ATI). I go all the way back to the "ATI EGA Wonder" card that would let your run the new-at-the-time "EGA" format on an old CGA or Monochrome monitor when monitors were just stupid expensive. I played hundreds of hours of Microprose Gunship on a green monochrome monitor using it.

After VGA came out, I used the "VGA Wonder" card to extend the life of my EGA/Multisync monitor into the "new age" of graphics.

I've never had a substantial issue with an ATI card. Every time I switch teams I have some issue it seems. I'm sure others have the experience in the other direction.

Biggest problem I had was with my recent upgrade where I switched my 7850 to a R9-390X. My current gaming PC has a legacy BIOS rather than a UEFI (it's an overclocked i7-2900 that still works fine). I went through four different cards before I bothered to research and find out that AMD cards require the manufacturer to differentiate between legacy and UEFI on the board, which most do not, they only handle UEFI. The only one that does it consistently is Sapphire (they have a switch to select).

If you don't have the switch what happens is the PC never gets past POST. You just get a blank screen with no error messages. It required 4 trips to my local vendor (30 mile round trip) to get it right. Of course, that was on me for not thinking to research it first.

The nice thing is not only does the Sapphire have the switch I needed but they place the power plugs in the 10" position on their extended 12.1" overclocked card. My case accommodates a 12" card but has a cage over the end of them so this was perfect! All the other vendors put their connectors at the end of the the 3 fan boards so I was having to go with a 2 fan/non-overclocked board with the other vendors.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
radroach (01-10-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #723
Mmmankey

Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post

I probably would still have my 7950 if it weren't for the Bit Coin boom. It caused AMD card prices to sky rocket. Sold mine for $400 (maybe could have gotten more) and I bought it used for $220. Turned around and got my GTX780.
Mmmankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:53 PM   #724
wise345
Slow I am, boost I must..

Drives: Whiteout 2013 FRS
Just sims (iracing asset to corsa)
wise345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:34 AM   #725
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
buying a video card in 2015 / 2016 is like

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mppl8Mki_9A"]El ristas about nVidia - YouTube[/ame]
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #726
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
It's like Nvidia aren't even trying any more. Getting lazy with their large share of the market.

This is a 380, but the 280x is also comparable. The R9 card costs $30 more for 30% more performance, and it's only +30W max TDP over the GTX.

And above that, the GTX 960 ti is $20 more and only kinda match the R9 380, but still performs under the 380 and is a 2GB card. So the GTX is $50 more than the R9 if you're getting the 4GB version.

AMD still killing it in the midrange.

Last edited by radroach; 01-10-2016 at 06:46 PM.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:05 PM   #727
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
LOLOLOLOL Hobo simulator is probably the best description ever. Early in the game I need some aluminum for a weapon mod and I got so excited when I found a room with a bunch of cans strewn separately all over the floor. I dug through them all chucking the steel ones and keeping the aluminum. I actually thought to myself "I bet I look like that guy on the trike that digs through the recycling bin every garbage day".
As mundane as things like that can be it is something I actually enjoy about the game.
Would you pay for "FT86Club Simulator 2016?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-10-2016)
Old 01-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #728
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
Would you pay for "FT86Club Simulator 2016?"

Would the quests consist of such things as go gather 6 memes that are appropriate to the conversation?
Would the difficulty levels be naive, submissive, passive aggressive and overtly aggressive?
In combat would you fill a sarcasm meter until you could do a critical comment?
Would you lose life points for spelling and grammar errors and have to find a text book to recover them?
Dadhawk (01-11-2016), KR-S (01-10-2016)

Tags
pc master race, u no have 3080