follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #43
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Guys, considering the fact that the Speedo was in kph, perhaps this was a rebadged Toyota 86 (They forgot to do the Rear badge )? Just to please us and ensure we know it's the same car?

Idk, either way, the car is still awesome.
If you look at the tail lights of the silver one, the sides are red instead of chrome, which means it's a FR-S. As for the meters it looks like a stock photo from some 86 marketing pack.
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #44
Siriusly.Andrew

Drives: 1995 Civic DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
Some times I wonder what would have happened if Scion never came to Canada. They only started opening dealerships here like last year or something.

Sigh, it would be awesome if we can get he GT86 up here.
I have to agree, I'm now wishing Toyota never launched Scion in Canada. Now I'll have to come visit you guys down south to even test drive one (12 hour drive) as the nearest Scion dealership is... Vancouver. I mean, Edmonton has two, Calgary has 5... but Alberta, I'd get raped with inspections to insure the car.

could you imagine how many US residents would come to Canada to pick up the GT-86 over the FR-S lol?
Siriusly.Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #45
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Trip it's alot more then those two things you mentioned, just look at the Premium BRZ photos we have the Nav and HID are just 2 things, the seats
the trim the center everything about the BRZ interior was Better Quality/equipped. Even the plastic seem different.

Source
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...8&d=1322867795

Now the best equipped FRS is at 24.5 now that makes sense. The Base FRS and Premium BRZ the same thing other than two items No way.
Nope all the BRZ pics we have seen Are limited versions or a combo of the two. Trims have not been set in stone. Hopefully the premium comes with dual zone air but the last rumors are that it will not and will not have push button start. That's why there is a rumored $3k difference in price between the premium and limited....limited will have push start, dual zone ac, leather/alcantra and fog lights and heated seats.

The navi is just a decent stereo with navi. Remember all smart phones have navi and you can get aftermarket stereos with decent navi for like $400. So for Subaru to include it in both trims does not mean much. Scion just went with the cheapest deck they could to keep pricing down.

I still think the scion will start at the $22k to $23k think about a grand more than the tC release 7.0. So $23k sounds more reasonable.

It hurts not knowing what the starting price is so we can decide which way to go BRZ or frs...
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #46
tripjammer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZero View Post
http://www.autotrack.nl/tweedehands/.../camry/8452634

Its an 2011 camry, used, ( driven for 300 miles ) 37.950 euro, which is aprox 51.000 dollar
Damn bro! That's crazy! We gonna be so lucky if the base scion frs is like $22k usd! Haha!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #47
ryude

Drives: Volkswagen GTI
If thats the real price, ill buy the brz.
ryude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #48
tripjammer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusly.Andrew View Post
I have to agree, I'm now wishing Toyota never launched Scion in Canada. Now I'll have to come visit you guys down south to even test drive one (12 hour drive) as the nearest Scion dealership is... Vancouver. I mean, Edmonton has two, Calgary has 5... but Alberta, I'd get raped with inspections to insure the car.

could you imagine how many US residents would come to Canada to pick up the GT-86 over the FR-S lol?
Oh dude I would be up there in a heart beat if the canada got the 86!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #49
RedZero

Drives: Peugeot 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
Damn bro! That's crazy! We gonna be so lucky if the base scion frs is like $22k usd! Haha!
Yeah bud, we totaly live in the wrong county... and importing an FRS is still expensive if its new. We pay BPM tax over new cars... wich makes it cheaper just to buy it here new of the dealer.
Only way to work around that rule is to have someone you trust in USA wich can have the car for 6 months on its name and THEN import it...

Lucky for me when I finish my study i make quite alot of money, which allows me to still buy this pretty lady
RedZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #50
CSOCSO

Drives: Scion Tc
Quote:
Originally Posted by syldrin View Post
24K for the scion. hmmmmmmmmmm you can get the subaru for the same price with better interior trim.... assuming the brz comes out at 24 like expected.
uhm... where did you hear that?

dual zone ac will be extra not standard.... besides that the only thing is the push start button.
ppl will complain and whine until the end and they just gonna end up buying a subaru.... Save you crying and GET A SUBARU! most of you hate scion anyway
CSOCSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #51
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSOCSO View Post
uhm... where did you hear that?

dual zone ac will be extra not standard.... besides that the only thing is the push start button.
ppl will complain and whine until the end and they just gonna end up buying a subaru.... Save you crying and GET A SUBARU! most of you hate scion anyway
Dual zone, push button and navigation will be standard for the premium trim which is the mid-class version of the BRZ. This was stated in many other reviews.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #52
TheMachine
Scion Sales Manager

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Guys keep in mind that there is only going to be one version of the FR-S in the US. Not a high end model and base model like the rest of the world will get. Options wise, the FR-S will likely be the equivalent of something between the base BRZ and the premium BRZ. Also will likely be priced slightly less than the base BRZ. So those who said they would rather a base BRZ if the price difference was under $1500, you will likely get more and save more by buying the Scion version over a base BRZ...
Old 12-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #53
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Garage
@TheMachine
From what we saw at the FR-S launch it didn't look like that model was spec'd to be between the base and high end BRZ.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #54
FX-GT
Banned

Drives: I have a car
We can talk how the price is ridiculous and shit all we want, but at the end of the day, Toyota will do what it wants to do. That being said, I think $24.5 for base Scion is not on par with other cars available in the market (watch out Toyota, Hyundai Genessis will probably kill you guys). I knew the prices would be significantly higher than what they should be the moent some asses from Toyota started talking BS like "starting salary comparion" between now and then (early 80's of AE86 era).

Anyway, I think what is really happening is simple. Toyota is looking ways to squeeze every penny out of us without completely pissing us off until the very last minutes. There is a saying in Japan "don't let peasants die, but don't leave anything more than bare minimum(lord exploits them to the extent they can barely live )". They will take all until the Detroit Autoshow to see what price would "let peasants die". Compared to the rest of the world, I think we, who live in the US, still will be better off because we would be looking at $30K - $32K for an equivalent of BRZ Premium (the base model) if the prices being mentoned in Japan were to be directly converted at the current conersion rate. Toyota is going to squeeze their own folks to make some more room to lower the prices in the US.
FX-GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #55
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
if price is true scion just made me wait another 6 months before I go and pick up a used BRZ in America cause F U Subaru Canada
Old 12-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #56
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Garage
Lol, if the price is true I might not even buy a car. Can't really think of another car that I want, plus I don't want to support what Subaru Canada is doing.

Tags
fr-s forum, fr-s forums, fr-s reviews, frs forum, frs forums, frs review, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s forums, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, scion frs forum, scion frs forums, scion frs review, scion frs reviews