follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 03-14-2024, 12:29 PM   #29
diga

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interesting that some dealerships demand an "inspection" before ordering - even with the VIN specific recall letter. A friend with same recall went to another nearby dealership and set up to have it done in 1 visit. weird.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:52 PM   #30
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by diga View Post
Interesting that some dealerships demand an "inspection" before ordering - even with the VIN specific recall letter. A friend with same recall went to another nearby dealership and set up to have it done in 1 visit. weird.
The dealerships asking for an inspection aren't reading the recall notice since it clearly states the the part on every vehicle within a certain production date/VIN range must be replaced.

Rather than reading the recall notice, they are likely treating it like some recalls which are written a little more broadly such that a vehicle must be inspected to see if a certain condition exists and only after finding a problem can they order parts and perform work. In this instance, an inspection makes no sense and wastes everyone's time.

The SA who set up my appointment read the notice while I was on the phone with them, so they worked the parts order and the scheduling of the appointment all at the same time.

My advice would be for everyone to push back or call a different dealer if told to come in for an inspection.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 05:10 PM   #31
diga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
The dealerships asking for an inspection aren't reading the recall notice since it clearly states the the part on every vehicle within a certain production date/VIN range must be replaced.

yea, I tried scheduling an oil change/24 month service (included in 2 years free service) AND to do the recall fix. When I called I explained I received the 2 letters, both with VIN specific recall notices. Guy said they'd have to inspect it first. When I took it in I brought the letter, showed it to him - I said this is VIN specific, and look, the VIN matches my car, lol. Then he stammered out something about he couldn't order it, it had to be inspected by a tech and ordered by that tech.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:33 AM   #32
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Quote:
yea, I tried scheduling an oil change/24 month service (included in 2 years free service) AND to do the recall fix. When I called I explained I received the 2 letters, both with VIN specific recall notices. Guy said they'd have to inspect it first. When I took it in I brought the letter, showed it to him - I said this is VIN specific, and look, the VIN matches my car, lol. Then he stammered out something about he couldn't order it, it had to be inspected by a tech and ordered by that tech.
That's horrible. I was in the EXACT same situation, I combined the 24-month service with the recall.

I don't see how the SA could NOT see the recall before you showed them the letter. When I called my dealership, they were able to link my phone number to the sales record of the car, the VIN and the service record for the car. It also flags any recalls and service campaigns right there on the screen. Not only did the person taking service calls (not the same person who meets you when you show up) see it, but the SA who checked me in had a huge flag pop up on his screen and was able to read it as well. I would think all this data is coming from Subaru NA and not some customer dealership system.

I had the recall on the MySubaru app and at least one e-mail as backup, but didn't need it.
Old 03-16-2024, 02:42 PM   #33
diga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
That's horrible. I was in the EXACT same situation, I combined the 24-month service with the recall.

I don't see how the SA could NOT see the recall before you showed them the letter. When I called my dealership, they were able to link my phone number to the sales record of the car, the VIN and the service record for the car. It also flags any recalls and service campaigns right there on the screen. Not only did the person taking service calls (not the same person who meets you when you show up) see it, but the SA who checked me in had a huge flag pop up on his screen and was able to read it as well. I would think all this data is coming from Subaru NA and not some customer dealership system.

I had the recall on the MySubaru app and at least one e-mail as backup, but didn't need it.
oh he had it all, in fact he stupidly said something like, "the recall is VIN specific" - I couldn't help laughing out loud and said, "well, I have the specific VIN!" He said he knew. Point is they very much knew the situation, my VIN, the recall notice, everything - also bought the car from them. The SA offered a loaner car for when I bring it back in as an act of good will, lol...which is also strange - the recall notice says aprox 45 mins, why would I need a loaner for that.
Old 03-22-2024, 09:27 AM   #34
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Quote:
oh he had it all, in fact he stupidly said something like, "the recall is VIN specific" - I couldn't help laughing out loud and said, "well, I have the specific VIN!" He said he knew. Point is they very much knew the situation, my VIN, the recall notice, everything - also bought the car from them. The SA offered a loaner car for when I bring it back in as an act of good will, lol...which is also strange - the recall notice says aprox 45 mins, why would I need a loaner for that.
I think the loaner offer is a standard thing from Subaru NA for any recall work.

I too was offered a loaner when I made the appointment and took them up on it. However, when I showed up to my appointment, they backed out of the deal because the work should take less than an hour. I was pretty ticked because I had only taken off enough time from work to get the car to the dealer and drive home again. I ended up getting back to work about a little over an hour later than expected. It was the one dark cloud over this whole event.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:35 PM   #35
AK2112

Drives: 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Got this recall done today. Dealership had the parts in stock when I called to make the appointment.

Was my first time dealing with a Subaru service center and it went well. The work took an hour and 10 minutes, there was no inspection and they did not wash my car per my request. Got the car back exactly as I gave it to them and the service writer was nice.

No complaints.
AK2112 is offline   Reply With Quote