follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 09-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #9493
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
@LucidMomentum, and @PantsDants, can you try out this tune and tell me what you think? It's working well for me, but maybe that's just my car, so can you tell me if it works good on your cars as well?

Hey @KoolBRZ, I've been busy the past couple of weeks so I haven't tried out this new setup. Any issues so far?

I have the one year check in this Friday so I'm going to uninstall the engine bay ESC controller and the compressor and feign ignorance if they ask about any other wires :p When I put everything back I'll test out the new tune and Procede map. Really appreciate all the stuff you share with us A/T owners!

I think the Dyno place forgot about me, which is fine because I've just been stupid busy. Hoping to get it Dyno'd on the 2nd of October. By then I should be less lazy and will tidy up all my wiring and get the new tunes flashed.

I'm still having tons of fun getting the back end out coming out of hard turns due to the torque, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Hi All,

Things have been very busy over the summer, sorry there has not been as many as updates as usual.
Hey @fenton,

You can remove me (LucidMomentum) from the waiting list.
I already have a 1.5 kit and Procede, that I bought used. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythhelios1 View Post
Is there any tune for EL or stock manifold ? As I plan to buy an EL header but I didnt see any tune for it other than the tune for OFH

Everyone has used the OFT/OFH Procede tune. I have a stock header and TRD exhaust and didn't have issues when I used it.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:24 PM   #9494
mythhelios1

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the information Lucid,wonder how much power will it be with my set-up Invidia N1 catback- FA20 EL header + K&N filter + 250TQ 1.5 +OFT , just ordered mine FA20 header
mythhelios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:39 PM   #9495
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythhelios1 View Post
Thanks for the information Lucid,wonder how much power will it be with my set-up Invidia N1 catback- FA20 EL header + K&N filter + 250TQ 1.5 +OFT , just ordered mine FA20 header
The same as everyone else running identical mods. I would say 200-220 whp depending on fuel.
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:21 PM   #9496
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1231 View Post
The same as everyone else running identical mods. I would say 200-220 whp depending on fuel.
This.

Results have been remarkably consistent with dyno'd Phantom kits.

My kit on e85 ran 223 / 207 with TQ250 v2.0 - EXT16 Batts - OFT/PROcede controller - Catless UEL, 2.75" OP, 2.75" Catless FP, and TRD CBE on a very hot and humid day. I'm waiting for the weather to cool and stabilize for my next baseline dyno which I suspect that I'll run ~230 WHP / 210 WHP on Shiv's OTS tune.

A year ago on e85 @Sojhinn ran 223 / 201 with TQ250 v1.5 - Powersonic Batts, WOT Switch - Stock EL, Stock OP, High flow cat FP, Unknown CBE, Unknown weather conditions. (sojhinn correct any of this if I'm wrong).

Unscientific I know, but in the owner's thread, the spreadsheet shows very similar results for similar fuel on all reported configurations.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

The current Phantom ESC kit is going to deliver a similar experience to all owners with the difference being in the gas and if you choose to add the PROcede.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (09-21-2015), Sojhinn (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 04:37 PM   #9497
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
This.

Results have been remarkably consistent with dyno'd Phantom kits.

My kit on e85 ran 223 / 207 with TQ250 v2.0 - EXT16 Batts - OFT/PROcede controller - Catless UEL, 2.75" OP, 2.75" Catless FP, and TRD CBE on a very hot and humid day. I'm waiting for the weather to cool and stabilize for my next baseline dyno which I suspect that I'll run ~230 WHP / 210 WHP on Shiv's OTS tune.

A year ago on e85 @Sojhinn ran 223 / 201 with TQ250 v1.5 - Powersonic Batts, WOT Switch - Stock EL, Stock OP, High flow cat FP, Unknown CBE, Unknown weather conditions. (sojhinn correct any of this if I'm wrong).

Unscientific I know, but in the owner's thread, the spreadsheet shows very similar results for similar fuel on all reported configurations.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

The current Phantom ESC kit is going to deliver a similar experience to all owners with the difference being in the gas and if you choose to add the PROcede.

Mild day for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-21-2015), raven1231 (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #9498
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
A mild day in San Diego is basically heaven. So jelly.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #9499
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
A mild day in San Diego is basically heaven. So jelly.

San Fran though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #9500
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
San Fran though.
Mild in SF is just a bit too cold for my wimpy SoCal self. Still, that's probably a better day for a dyno than a warmer mild day in SD. All I know is that my dyno day was way too hot (about 90 degrees) and way too humid (70-80%) for max numbers. I think all of the other FI guys ran slightly down on power that day too (down by ~5% from previous dyno run). Where anecdotally as the NA guys were slightly lower, but truer to previous dyno runs by about 2% which may just be margin of error. I'll be headed back to Church Auto Testing in November to confirm.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:36 AM   #9501
l0aded
Addicted

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Hey guys just wanted to ask a few questions. The ESC has been good to me but recently it has felt slightly more sluggish.

1) How often is recommended to replace the dump batteries? I started noticing sluggishness when the excessive heat in socal (100+ for awhile) began. It might be my imagination but the voltmeter doesn't recover to 28.4 nearly as fast anymore.

2) Are you guys taking apart your batteries and cleaning for any corrision? Mine is buried under stuff and covered with electrical tape so haven't looked at it since install. Could there be loss of conduction due to battery corrosion?

3) Been off forums for awhile, what is the general consensus for best 91 octane procede map (I'm still happy with stock but kinda want to experiemnt)? Has there been any OFT map upgrades since Procede was released?

I haven't had a chance to measure boost yet with the OFT (probably do it over the weekend). The last time I felt "sluggish" was when IMO I got a bad tank of gas and adding some octane booster/using the 93 map made it felt peppy again. Unfortunately when using Torco Octane Booster I throw some random codes if I am low on gas so don't want to go that route anymore.

Just to be clear, it is very obviously still much faster than stock but (could be placebo) feels intermittently slower randomly.

It could just be the weather. Quick googling says hot weather reduced performance (air is less dense) and can also have negative effects on batteries. Who knows.
Phantom Supercharger | Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Winjet Headlights | Opti-coated | 35/20 Tint | Radar/Dashcam Hardwired | OFT tuned | OEM Audio+ Reference 400CF | Uber Sound Deadened | LED DRL strips | JPM Coachworks Kneepads
l0aded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:43 AM   #9502
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0aded View Post
Hey guys just wanted to ask a few questions. The ESC has been good to me but recently it has felt slightly more sluggish.

1) How often is recommended to replace the dump batteries? I started noticing sluggishness when the excessive heat in socal (100+ for awhile) began. It might be my imagination but the voltmeter doesn't recover to 28.4 nearly as fast anymore.

2) Are you guys taking apart your batteries and cleaning for any corrision? Mine is buried under stuff and covered with electrical tape so haven't looked at it since install. Could there be loss of conduction due to battery corrosion?

3) Been off forums for awhile, what is the general consensus for best 91 octane procede map (I'm still happy with stock but kinda want to experiemnt)? Has there been any OFT map upgrades since Procede was released?

I haven't had a chance to measure boost yet with the OFT (probably do it over the weekend). The last time I felt "sluggish" was when IMO I got a bad tank of gas and adding some octane booster/using the 93 map made it felt peppy again. Unfortunately when using Torco Octane Booster I throw some random codes if I am low on gas so don't want to go that route anymore.

Just to be clear, it is very obviously still much faster than stock but (could be placebo) feels intermittently slower randomly.

It could just be the weather. Quick googling says hot weather reduced performance (air is less dense) and can also have negative effects on batteries. Who knows.
Welcome back.

It's probably mostly the weather. We've had so many 90+ degree days that if you're going to drop some power.

Our 91 gas really sux. Have you logged recently. Check to see if your IAM is dropping under 1.0 and staying there. If that's the case then you have your answer.

Oh yeah something else, when was the last time you cleaned your intake filter?

Lastly, what codes were you throwing? How are you certain that running Torco was the cause?
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
l0aded (09-23-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 06:08 AM   #9503
keen as

Drives: 86 GT MT
Quote:

I have a battery charger that has a rejuvenate (recondition) mode. It took 24hrs each dump battery. I think it has improved recharge time.
keen as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:04 AM   #9504
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Welcome back.

It's probably mostly the weather. We've had so many 90+ degree days that if you're going to drop some power.

Our 91 gas really sux. Have you logged recently. Check to see if your IAM is dropping under 1.0 and staying there. If that's the case then you have your answer.

Oh yeah something else, when was the last time you cleaned your intake filter?

Lastly, what codes were you throwing? How are you certain that running Torco was the cause?
agree it could definitely be the weather, could also be you getting use to the new found power, I went through a very similar experience myself. I also wondered if something was wrong, but after going back and forth with rob, it was found everything was running as it should be.
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:45 AM   #9505
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
@KoolBRZ's map has been pretty good, even with the 91 Octane we have in Cali.

However Kool, I tried your new Best Ever Procede map and I don't like it as much as the cool map from your last set of tunes. It's probably more efficient as it doesn't kick in until that higher end of the rev / rpm range, but the mid range delivery under the cool / warm map is what I really wanted from the Procede.
So, I'll be swapping out that Procede tune for the previous one, but keeping the OFT tune. Good stuff!
Old 09-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #9506
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:

No need to recondition or clean your batteries.

100+ weather will affect power quite dramatically, especially in city traffic where heatsoak takes over.

If you are concerned on power run a OFT datalog and plot boost, IAM and AFR. If you are making similar boost numbers the ESC is working as expected.

I would say in 100+ weather you could be about 10% down on power, especially if using only 91 octane.

Rob has explained the battery recharge vs heat a couple times. Long story short, when its hot it takes longer to get to 28.x because you are using all of the batteries potential because it is warm. When it is cold outside we are not using the top portion of the battery(when it is cold the battery could be charged higher however it is programmed to stop at 28.x) Make sense?
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-22-2015), Gums (09-22-2015), keen as (09-22-2015), l0aded (09-23-2015), LucidMomentum (09-22-2015)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive