follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.


User Tag List
go_a_way1

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2018, 09:31 PM   #3837
Seanzky
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Drives: Slow
Location: TX
Posts: 67
Thanks: 26
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I hope someone can help me with some advice. I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm hoping this is the right place for me to ask.

I'm looking into getting new wheels to replace my stock ones. I have a 2018 Toyota 86 GT Black.

I already ordered TEIN Flex Z's, so that's worth noting.

The wheels I'm looking at currently are 17x8 with +35mm offset and of course 5x100 lug pattern. They are about 19.3 lbs. per. I don't want to go for heavier ones nor do I want to go too wide.

My questions are the following:
What size tires should I get for these? I would like them to be light but on the meatier side and I don't want them stretched. In fact, I prefer some sidewall/balloon without it being too tall, of course.
Would the wheels rub? I don't want any camber but I would like the wheels to be flush or slightly in. I don't want any poke whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Seanzky; 07-18-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Seanzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #3838
Leonardo
Country Boy 4 Life
 
Leonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 19' & 06' Ridgelines, 13' FR-S
Location: EUGENE
Posts: 5,228
Thanks: 6,719
Thanked 5,284 Times in 2,719 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzky View Post
I hope someone can help me with some advice. I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm hoping this is the right place for me to ask.

I'm looking into getting new wheels to replace my stock ones. I have a 2018 Toyota 86 GT Black.

I already ordered TEIN Flex Z's, so that's worth noting.

The wheels I'm looking at currently are 17x8 with +35mm offset and of course 5x100 lug pattern. They are about 19.3 lbs. per. I don't want to go for heavier ones nor do I want to go too wide.

My questions are the following:
What size tires should I get for these? I would like them to be light but on the meatier side and I don't want them stretched. In fact, I prefer some sidewall/balloon without it being too tall, of course.
Would the wheels rub? I don't want any camber but I would like the wheels to be flush or slightly in. I don't want any poke whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!


I would suggest 225/45/17 as the size to buy.


They absolutely will not rub. And IMO are exactly the right offset for you.


Though a little camber is a good thing up front, don't be scared of it. You can have a few degrees of negative camber without uneven tire wear. It adds grip when you need it most.


I have had 8" front wheels that were +45, +35, and +19 offset. +35 is a great offset.
__________________
<img src=https://www.ft86club.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2239&pictureid=11508 border=0 alt= />


I LIKE TIRES!
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leonardo For This Useful Post:
Seanzky (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #3839
prettyslowbrz
Member
 
prettyslowbrz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: '13 GBS Subaru brz
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 27
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello!
I know next to nothing about wheels and tires and fitment. So sorry if i sound very dumb. Im thinking about getting work emotion d9r 18x9.5 +38 but the only problem is they are a 5x114.3 bolt pattern and i would have to get conversion spacers to run them. Im looking for the flushest and cleanest look i can manage.

My question is if they will fit, if i could make them fit with any amount of camber, what offset would be ideal if i had to run conversion spacers because Im getting a pretty good deal on the 5x114.3 bolt pattern, and what cheapish tires/what tire size should i do.

Also i should mention Im getting bc racing br extreme low coilovers at the same time.

prettyslowbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #3840
MCTeeJ
Senior Member
 
MCTeeJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 426
Thanks: 495
Thanked 269 Times in 175 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyslowbrz View Post
Hello!
I know next to nothing about wheels and tires and fitment. So sorry if i sound very dumb. Im thinking about getting work emotion d9r 18x9.5 +38 but the only problem is they are a 5x114.3 bolt pattern and i would have to get conversion spacers to run them. Im looking for the flushest and cleanest look i can manage.

My question is if they will fit, if i could make them fit with any amount of camber, what offset would be ideal if i had to run conversion spacers because Im getting a pretty good deal on the 5x114.3 bolt pattern, and what cheapish tires/what tire size should i do.

Also i should mention Im getting bc racing br extreme low coilovers at the same time.

Alright so the smallest conversion spacer I've been able to personally find is the Project Kics 11mm. That being said, your effective offset would be +27 with the spacer. 18x9.5 +27 isn't *that* aggressive, but you will need some camber and an appropriate tire choice to go with it. Do you have adjustable suspension now? most common stretch on a 9.5 is typically a 225/40 and it's fairly conservative. You *might* be able to get away with a 235/40, but I wouldn't confirm it unless I was test fitting them on the car myself.
MCTeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MCTeeJ For This Useful Post:
prettyslowbrz (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #3841
prettyslowbrz
Member
 
prettyslowbrz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: '13 GBS Subaru brz
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 27
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTeeJ View Post
Alright so the smallest conversion spacer I've been able to personally find is the Project Kics 11mm. That being said, your effective offset would be +27 with the spacer. 18x9.5 +27 isn't *that* aggressive, but you will need some camber and an appropriate tire choice to go with it. Do you have adjustable suspension now? most common stretch on a 9.5 is typically a 225/40 and it's fairly conservative. You *might* be able to get away with a 235/40, but I wouldn't confirm it unless I was test fitting them on the car myself.
Thanks for the response! Currently I am on stock suspension and stock wheels. Im going to try to find some pictures of that spacing to see if i like it. Once again thanks!
prettyslowbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prettyslowbrz For This Useful Post:
MCTeeJ (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #3842
MCTeeJ
Senior Member
 
MCTeeJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 426
Thanks: 495
Thanked 269 Times in 175 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyslowbrz View Post
Thanks for the response! Currently I am on stock suspension and stock wheels. Im going to try to find some pictures of that spacing to see if i like it. Once again thanks!
Yeah you'll need camber plates in the front for sure. Those BC's will do the trick.

not quite your size, but this is my car on 18x9 +25 with BC coilovers.
Attached Images
 
MCTeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MCTeeJ For This Useful Post:
prettyslowbrz (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #3843
prettyslowbrz
Member
 
prettyslowbrz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Drives: '13 GBS Subaru brz
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 27
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTeeJ View Post
Yeah you'll need camber plates in the front for sure. Those BC's will do the trick.

not quite your size, but this is my car on 18x9 +25 with BC coilovers.
Thanks for all your help! Beautiful car btw, the fitment is just on point
prettyslowbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prettyslowbrz For This Useful Post:
MCTeeJ (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #3844
MCTeeJ
Senior Member
 
MCTeeJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 426
Thanks: 495
Thanked 269 Times in 175 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyslowbrz View Post
Thanks for all your help! Beautiful car btw, the fitment is just on point
Happy to help. And thanks! try to ignore all of the rock chips in the bumper lol.
MCTeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MCTeeJ For This Useful Post:
prettyslowbrz (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 08:06 PM   #3845
Seanzky
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Drives: Slow
Location: TX
Posts: 67
Thanks: 26
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
I would suggest 225/45/17 as the size to buy.


They absolutely will not rub. And IMO are exactly the right offset for you.


Though a little camber is a good thing up front, don't be scared of it. You can have a few degrees of negative camber without uneven tire wear. It adds grip when you need it most.


I have had 8" front wheels that were +45, +35, and +19 offset. +35 is a great offset.
Thank you very much. I didn't know this. I thought any amount of camber would cause uneven wear.
Seanzky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Seanzky For This Useful Post:
Leonardo (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #3846
smrbb6
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: Brz
Location: gta
Posts: 38
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am lower on Tein S Tech wth OE damper. Currently have would I have any issues running 245/35 front? I am looking at SSR GTX03 18 x 9.5 +38 front
smrbb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #3847
Leonardo
Country Boy 4 Life
 
Leonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 19' & 06' Ridgelines, 13' FR-S
Location: EUGENE
Posts: 5,228
Thanks: 6,719
Thanked 5,284 Times in 2,719 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrbb6 View Post
I am lower on Tein S Tech wth OE damper. Currently have would I have any issues running 245/35 front? I am looking at SSR GTX03 18 x 9.5 +38 front
Read page one of this thread. Lots of info on 18x9.5 wheels

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41083
__________________
<img src=https://www.ft86club.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2239&pictureid=11508 border=0 alt= />


I LIKE TIRES!
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #3848
Bongertz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Drives: Brz
Location: Pampanga
Posts: 138
Thanks: 17
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have TE37 Sagas 18x8.5 et 42 and 18x9.5 et43, lowered on KWv3 1.7in.
Do you think this would be flush enough? or would they look awkward?
Bongertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:55 AM   #3849
alexpham_
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15
Thanks: 11
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey everyone.

Alright, I've done some research on wheel fitment regarding our cars, but I've become a little uneasy when it comes to offset. I'm looking at a 18x9.5 et +34 wheel and plan to run a 245/35. Will this fit without rubbing and fender work? And would I able to fit a wider tire like a 255/35 with this offset of +34?

I usually see that most wheels with an offset of +38 and +40 fit flush with our cars, but i guess what I'm trying to ask is will this 4-8mm difference really make that much of a difference? (I dont plan on SLAMMING my car, just wanna close the wheel gap, but maintain drivability for my DD. I'm also on TEIN FLEX Zs.)
alexpham_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #3850
iTrytoBefast
Member
 
iTrytoBefast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Drives: Toyota 86 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 20
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi Iím looking to get enemies tuning kojin 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 in the rear. The offset says 45mm I was wondering three things since I am a novice with tires

1 will it fit
2 is this optimal for a great driving experience
3 the rear or front wonít be angling on the ground causing increased tire wear will it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iTrytoBefast is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
fitment, flush, offset, rays volk te37's, rims, rotas, size, spacers, width

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Determining the proper width size of the tire CyberFormula Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 49 05-23-2014 10:11 AM
Correct tire width for each wheel width DarrenDriven Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 10 08-16-2012 03:03 PM
TIRE SIZE CALCULATOR White64Goat Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 6 08-15-2012 03:31 AM
Tire Width vs Wheel Width Synack Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 40 08-13-2012 12:21 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.