follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 03-29-2023, 06:09 PM   #15
Kulebrero

Drives: GR86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
Another thing that was not brought here yet - are you running with stability control fully off? Long press on the left button. Otherwise you'd get traction and stability actuation of the brakes that will quickly overheat them.
Good question. I’m pressing the Track button until the dashboard changes to track format. Am I supposed to be doing something else or in addition to?
Kulebrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:18 PM   #16
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulebrero View Post
Good question. I’m pressing the Track button until the dashboard changes to track format. Am I supposed to be doing something else or in addition to?
Hold the left button till it changes to track layout. Still won't disable abs.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragoontwo For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (03-29-2023), Ohio Enthusiast (03-29-2023)
Old 03-29-2023, 07:14 PM   #17
Ohio Enthusiast

Drives: 2018 BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
That's Track Mode, which has less traction and stability control activation but still has some. This might explain the brake overheating.
Ohio Enthusiast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:30 PM   #18
autoracer86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
That's Track Mode, which has less traction and stability control activation but still has some. This might explain the brake overheating.
For the OP if you have something like an aim solo dl2 you can log brake pressure.
Assuming you don’t hit the brake and throttle at the same time you can probably easily see if the brake is being applied without you touching it aka from the traction control. You would also probably have the tc light flash as well
autoracer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:59 PM   #19
Kulebrero

Drives: GR86
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoracer86 View Post
For the OP if you have something like an aim solo dl2 you can log brake pressure.
Assuming you don’t hit the brake and throttle at the same time you can probably easily see if the brake is being applied without you touching it aka from the traction control. You would also probably have the tc light flash as well
Do have an AIM solo 2DL…might be worth checking to see if it’s applying brakes when I’m on the throttle through turns. Good idea!

But Mike from CSG doesn’t think there are signs of ABS abuse on the rotors. Not sure what that’d look like, but he knows his stuff.
Kulebrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:11 AM   #20
autoracer86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Quote:
Do have an AIM solo 2DL…might be worth checking to see if it’s applying brakes when I’m on the throttle through turns. Good idea!

But Mike from CSG doesn’t think there are signs of ABS abuse on the rotors. Not sure what that’d look like, but he knows his stuff.
It’s also just fun to look at data lol. I have a tab just for viewing when the traction control comes on.

I’m not sure if over heating the brakes do to over usage would show the same wear as abs abuse. Bit out of my depth on that. Hopefully you see something helpful in the data at least
autoracer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:58 AM   #21
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Does anyone have any experience with Paragon 4 or 6 pot brake kits? Floating rotors etc, seems like quality stuff. Alcon re-brand? but nicer calipers? A little cheaper than Essex AP if you want a bigger rotor.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote