follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 02-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #1
itsAlex

Drives: 2016 4Runner / 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Need help with OEM fog light wiring

After browsing previously posted threads on installing fog lights, I couldn't find one where the installation method uses the OEM wiring. What I mean by this is when the fog lights are turned on, the dummy light on the instrument panel illuminates to indicate the fog lights are on, as they do when the headlights are on.

I have done a fog light installation in this matter previously on my 2011 RAV4, where all I had to do was:

1) Get a Denso relay and install the relay into the appropriate relay socket under the driver's side relay box, then make sure there were fuses already installed in the fog lamp slot, in the fuse box under the dash, drivers side.

2) Since I opted to install a dash switch to turn the fogs on/off, all I had to do was tap the appropriate wire that was on one of the connectors for the turn signal indicator stick thing (the stick that you pull up/down when you're signalling left/right). The reason why a wire had to be tapped there is because that stick usually has the switch to operate the fogs if the car came with fogs from the factory.

3) Make my own harness for my fogs since my RAV4 didn't come with the fog light harness pre-installed. Apparently, some RAV4s do have them pre-installed, tucked in some corner. I hope the twins come with pre-installed harnesses too, as it's less of a hassle.

That was pretty much it, whenever the low beams are on and I activate the switch I installed, the fog lights would turn on and the dummy light would also light up on the dash, indicating the fogs were on.

I basically want to do the same thing with my twin; I want the fogs to operate as if it came pre-installed from the factory. Can anyone help with this?
itsAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Drives: 2013 White
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Sure you searched hard enough?

YamahaR86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
itsAlex

Drives: 2016 4Runner / 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaR86 View Post
Sure you searched hard enough?

I searched everywhere and this was nowhere to be found! Guess someone better teach me how to use the search function properly lol, thanks so much!
itsAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:10 PM   #4
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Drives: 2013 White
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Future reference there's a DIY Section of the forums.

It was in the sticky

FR-S / BRZ DIY Directory
YamahaR86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fog, light, oem