follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #15
b rawr z

Drives: 2014 BRZ, 2008 Impreza
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@BadMoon I'm keeping my rav4 for shitty days like rain and snow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
b rawr z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #16
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Buy the car while it's still snowy + shitty outside if you can swing it-- they probably won't be selling many BRZs in the middle of winter and you may be able to get a better deal. Everyone wants to get rid of their sportscars during the winter, everyone wants to buy their sportscars during the spring.

Get winter tyres on the car as soon as possible when you pick it up.

Obligatory, "log some driving school / autox time if you haven't already" suggestion.
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ganthrithor For This Useful Post:
b rawr z (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 01:58 AM   #17
boxer 2.5

Drives: 2007 Impreza, 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm in the same boat as you OP!
Looking to order/purchase a 2015 WRX Premium.
Orders open March 17'th ($1000.00)
Delivery By May at the latest.
Purchase price (est.): 28,500
Out The Door Price: 31,000
Down payment: 8,500 (plus 1000 from order deposit)
I have no haggle room, but since it's an order I should/WILL be paying invoice.

Also: Where in PA are you abouts?
boxer 2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boxer 2.5 For This Useful Post:
b rawr z (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #18
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
Subaru does they just may not know it. You are in PA. You know what is going on right now? Snow and ice. Which means dealers are sitting on BRZ's and FRS's. They can't sell them. Scion will not negotiate on price. Subaru will to move them. Don't wait. Go shopping now and don't accept anything on a Limited unless it's $27,000 out the door or less. You're welcome.
This. Dealers near me have still have some brand new 2013's. They are asking a little over $25K right now at one dealership and I think you can negotiate it even lower ($24K might be realistic). The car has been sitting there forever.

While waiting a few months might make sense you could easily be looking at $2-3K more once the weather improves and dealers don't feel pressured to sell their RWD cars.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thill For This Useful Post:
b rawr z (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #19
b rawr z

@Ganthrithor u have a good point. Thanks. And I'm in no rush to put winter tires since I have a rav4.

@boxer 2.5 my husband is planning on getting the '15 wrx but he's not preordering it or anything. He's waiting on tax return lol. And we live half an hour from King of Prussia. How bout u?

@thill I want a '14 but yea I'll give them a call or email today or so.

Last edited by b rawr z; 01-17-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #20
mjh712
BRZilla

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Find out what model & extras you want, then go looking at dealers. There are plenty of BRZs in stock at local dealerships around the Philly burbs, now. If they don't have the one you want then a good dealership will search other subaru inventories for what you want. I bought mine from Fred Beans in Doylestown & they found the car I wanted in East Stroudsburgh & they swapped a car in their inventory for it (so it came with a few extra miles ~175, when I picked it up, bc they have drivers do the switch) Some dealerships only sell you the cars they have on the lot, which is great if they have what you want.

Also, ask for quotes from various dealerships & probably Clint, other dealerships will match or try to get close. One dealership had a sale price (labor day special to get people in) on a BRZ that had what I wanted but they sold it before I got there. They still had the sale price on their website so I showed it to the saleswoman I was dealing with at Fred Beans & they matched it. They sold me the car I wanted, then searched for that car through other dealer inventories the following day & found one.

Take your time & keep an eye out for deals. There's a dealership in Feasterville, PA with a great deal on Silver 2013 Limited AT. Link (Scroll through the top banner of deals to see it, here's the advert from their website)
Edit: Car is Automatic & Looks like the car has the 2C package Link
mjh712 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mjh712 For This Useful Post:
b rawr z (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #21
b rawr z

@mjh712 thanks a lot. I called Clint before to get a price quote but I forgot the exact price he quoted me for it. Might ask for it again. Also, I read the white list of dealerships and Fred Beans is on there. So I'll definitely contact them and some other ones on that list. That link u gave me is def a good deal. It's just that I want a WRB. So, I'm going to keep looking like u said.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #22
hanabie

Drives: WRB LMTD '13
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
you need to get out from your home and start shopping when you have your money ready and ready to trade in your Rav4.

1. Shop for loan first. Try to get it as low as possible. The approved loan usually will expire in 90 days. Try your local union or penfed.org. If you have AAA membership, you could join penfed. Bad credit? You need a cosigner for this. Penfed is not easy giving out loan.

2. Give yourself a certain time frame to get the car when you have your money ready. This wont make you looking desperate when comes to negotiation with the sleazy salesman.

3. Negotiation, don't be afraid to walk out. Give yourself 1-2 hr. If they are holding you longer than that, tell them you don't have time and want to walk away.
Tip: Show them your approved loan. They make more money if you loan with them too. So yeah, they will most likely match your approved APR.

4. Keep shopping... lol if you are considering a monogram FRS. I know Scion has "no haggle" policy, you could however haggle your trade in. Irony huh?

If you are asking for a quote now, they are pretty much meaningless. I would tell you to hold your horse. This car is no longer as rare as previous years.
hanabie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hanabie For This Useful Post:
b rawr z (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #23
b rawr z

@hanabie awesome advice. Thanks. I am a member of a union bank or whatever. So hopefully they give me a good deal. I'm not trading the rav4 tho lol

Old 01-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #24
Kabong

Drives: 1999 Accord v6; 2017 CWP BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b rawr z View Post
hey everyone,

i plan to get my brz this april. im dying to drive it. hurry up april. anyways, here are my plans/concerns in preparation to get the car:

> should i start asking for price quotes at nearby dealerships this january?

> down payment goal - 8k. so far, im halfway there

> i already got a dashcam. for security purposes when the car is parked and im out grocery shopping and whatnot. im sure im not the only one here that goes nuts when someone or something gets too close to their car

> i need suggestions on a surveillance kit. i live in an apartment complex. so no garage im putting a car cover on it

> when should i ask car insurance companies for a price quote? my current car insurance ends in april

> when should i ask around for car loan APR quote and all that?

> i graduated last year in spring. im hoping i get a newly grad deal or something

any advice will be appreciated
Here's my take:
Price quotes are meaningless unless you are willing to buy. Clint is probably one of the few salesman that will give you the straight-up final price.

You can call your insurance company anytime and ask for a quote. Probably best time is to do it when your policy is near it's end period since they may try to get you to stay. They can usually do it over the phone.

For a car loan, I would suggest doing it a month before you actually purchase. You can get pre-approved for a car loan (which takes 1-2 business days to process). Personally, I find that credit unions give you the best rate. It doesn't hurt to get pre-approved for a loan going in. See if the dealership's financing can match/beat your pre-approved APR. If they can, great..if not, you are already pre-approved.

But the best advice I can give is be ready to walk away. It'll be hard, especially if they have what you want. It'll be even harder when they start doing the numbers. Keep shopping and keep negotiating.

GOOD LUCK!
Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kabong For This Useful Post:
b rawr z (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #25
b rawr z

@Kabong thanks a lot. Will keep ur advice in mind.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #26
boxer 2.5

Drives: 2007 Impreza, 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
credit unions are great! No shareholders to designate who/what get their service/rates!
boxer 2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #27
b rawr z

@boxer 2.5 yea..that's why I got a bank account with them lol..to get a car loan