follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 04:47 PM   #49225
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
It did because they got the correct address. The CS person over the phone said I left the name part blank on the shipping address section.

I may be stupid sometimes and miss stuff but if I’m paying enough attention to copy and paste a specific address and double checking the spelling of my buddy’s name then I don’t think it’s me :/.

Thanks me too.
Is there a reason you wanted it shipped to your friend specifically? Just asking since I've been ordering from Tirerack for years and have always opted to have it shipped to the closest tire installer they have in their system. You are in no way required to use them to mount your tires, etc but them being in the TR system, covers you for any loss or issue. If, for example, you were sent the wrong thing (happened to me before) I can just tell the tire shop and they can send it back no fuss.

I'd say give em another chance. They are a great company and I plan on continuing buying tires from them in the future.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #49226
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Is your kitchen operational yet?

humfrz
Yes, and no. The wife is figuring out where everything should go, lining shelfs, etc.. I cooked steak, green beans, and bakers last night. She told me I can't cook in there this week because she can't clean all the dishes, put them away, and clean up after me at the same time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
humfrz (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 04:49 PM   #49227
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Happy 26th @spike021.
spike021 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #49228
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Trying to decide which day this week for my birthday day off. Probably Friday to also have a 3 day weekend.

I have so much PTO saved up I'm also tempted to add a few days next week too..
Like others have said, always take your days.
spike021 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #49229
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Is there a reason you wanted it shipped to your friend specifically? Just asking since I've been ordering from Tirerack for years and have always opted to have it shipped to the closest tire installer they have in their system. You are in no way required to use them to mount your tires, etc but them being in the TR system, covers you for any loss or issue. If, for example, you were sent the wrong thing (happened to me before) I can just tell the tire shop and they can send it back no fuss.

I'd say give em another chance. They are a great company and I plan on continuing buying tires from them in the future.
I was going to use a shop but it sort of winded up being a bit more trouble/inconvenient. A friend has a garage so he offered to take delivery for them since I have no space here. So I figured that was the next best option.

Yep, I've heard good things about them. So we'll see how it goes.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
Old 10-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #49230
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Happy 26th @spike021.
Thanks!

Quote:
Like others have said, always take your days.
I'm actually planning a three week vacation in the spring to Japan. Of course I could (and hope to) have a new job by then. But the PTO saved up now will mostly be used for that. But of course I'll also accrue more days by then. So I should definitely use some of it now.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
Old 10-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #49231
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yes, and no. The wife is figuring out where everything should go, lining shelfs, etc.. I cooked steak, green beans, and bakers last night. She told me I can't cook in there this week because she can't clean all the dishes, put them away, and clean up after me at the same time.
I got the picture - hell, I don't blame her -

humfrz
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2018, 05:21 PM   #49232
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyre13th View Post
for t-coat......

How I spent the summer when I was 13.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMwm6avygc[/ame]
Old 10-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #49233
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,195 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Are we talking about the same machine (an MRI)?
If so, maybe the one that did your MRI had a bad TOB -
Compared to the floor mount equipment at work, it's only another doughnut.
This was in a semi trailer they haul around to the clinics one day a week.
When it started up, it literally rocked the house.
The Following User Says Thank You to bcj For This Useful Post:
humfrz (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 06:47 PM   #49234
Tcoat

Quote:
Thanks! The birthday is actually over this coming weekend this year.

I will be 26!
echo419 (10-09-2018), spike021 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #49235
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Time to hand in the Fiesta. Already had a pre-inspection done and there's no excess wear and tear.

Ford Credit: Be sure to call the dealer within two weeks of termination to schedule your lease turn in.

Vehicle Inspector: I'll email this to Ford right away. Be sure to call them asap to schedule your turn in so that they can draw up the paperwork in advance. There's a lot for turn in for some reason.

Dealer: Huh? No, no paperwork really. Just stop by whenever and drop it off. One form to verify you handed the car in. It should only take a few minutes. If there were any turn-in fees on the lease, those will be billed to you by Ford.

Either Apple Ford isn't that busy, or I'm going to be sitting at the dealership for a long time and have to apologize to whoever I rope into taking me home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScoobsMcGee For This Useful Post:
Spuds (10-09-2018), Tcoat (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 09:22 AM   #49236
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Keeping engineers grounded in the real world is another part of my job!
"Do we really need that $120K super, ultra duty, magnetic, hyperdive, NASA controlled door interlock or can a $2 latch and a cap screw do the same job?"
Going back a bit here, but the company I work for recently stood up a new office with an engineering lab in it. One of the requirements from the engineers were 10 gig uplinks to every desk. We tried to talk them down from it, showed them the price comparison between a 1 gig x 48 switch and a 10 gig one, and also explained that it doesn't make sense since the site is working on a 10 gig core (aside from interswitch coms). Still they insisted it was absolutely necessary and they wouldn't be able to work without it.

The site went live recently and another requirement came from the engineering department. Hard code all of the ports in the engineering lab to 10 meg full because that was all the devices they plugged in could handle, and they didn't auto-negotiate well. I immediately thought of this post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScoobsMcGee For This Useful Post:
Spuds (10-09-2018), Tcoat (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #49237
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
Time to hand in the Fiesta. Already had a pre-inspection done and there's no excess wear and tear.

Ford Credit: Be sure to call the dealer within two weeks of termination to schedule your lease turn in.

Vehicle Inspector: I'll email this to Ford right away. Be sure to call them asap to schedule your turn in so that they can draw up the paperwork in advance. There's a lot for turn in for some reason.

Dealer: Huh? No, no paperwork really. Just stop by whenever and drop it off. One form to verify you handed the car in. It should only take a few minutes. If there were any turn-in fees on the lease, those will be billed to you by Ford.

Either Apple Ford isn't that busy, or I'm going to be sitting at the dealership for a long time and have to apologize to whoever I rope into taking me home.
Back in 2005 my wife leased one of the last of the Pontiac Sunfires. She had two before it that had been great cars but this one was total junk from day one. The driver mirror fell off the door (twice), the headlights would go out at random times, the dash was so loose you could move it by hand, the rear seat base was 1 1/2 inches higher on one side than the other and the passenger seatbelt would jam up weekly. They tried to fix it but never really succeeded. About a year into owning it she had enough and made a deal with Mitsubishi that they would pay the lease termination fees if she bought from them. We called Pontiac and they said that we would need about an hour to turn the car in. She copied the warranty work orders (volumes 1 and 2) and off we went to our hour long scheduled appointment. We pulled into the lot and the sales manager came out to greet us. He was rather upset that we were terminating the lease early. We showed him the reams of paper and he tried to say that we must have just drove the car "too hard". I said that was that and told my son to get out of the back seat as we were leaving. He opened the door and the whole interior door panel dropped to the ground. I told the manager "that is why were are terminating the lease" we got in my car and drove away. The whole event lasted about 2 minutes, we never did sign off on the car and never heard from them again.
Dadhawk (10-09-2018), humfrz (10-09-2018), ScoobsMcGee (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #49238
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back at work this morning after 10 days off. Sucks.
Tcoat (10-09-2018)
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis