follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #43
Richard Cranium
Ted

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Sub'd!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #44
whtchocla7e

Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava
Tell them that information travels at the speed of light in this wonderful age of internet.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #45
Mpowered

Drives: BR-Z
He's right though. This is the wrong car for a 33 year old insurance salesman with babies.

/troll
Mpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #46
Justin.b

Drives: 13 Hot Lava, 01 Miata, 09 Outback
Salesmen are disposable at a dealership. You don't have as much ammunition as you think. If you want to push, they'll just fire the salesman and claim it was a rogue employee who was fired for not respecting customers.

Keep in mind that you were listening in on his private conversation - most likely with another salesman. You can't be too shocked to hear that they talk differently to one another than to the customers.

Just let it slide. Someday you'll butt dial and leave a regrettable voicemail and you'd hope for the same.

-Justin
Old 05-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #47
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I'd say let it slide. Everyone talks about everyone they know behind their backs. I do it, I'm sure my friends and family do it about me. It's just how life goes. Ever have that group of friends that waits until the one person they don't like leaves the room and they immediately throw the complaints at you? It's just how it goes. No one is safe from this behavior. You could have the nicest salesperson in the world and I bet they'd find at least one thing to say to a coworker about you.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #48
norsamerican

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
See if you can use the voicemail to your advantage by speaking to the GM. If it works out for you and you get a discount, and dont sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement. Still post the voicemail even after a deal is made.
You can always record the voicemail with a mic and save the file on your PC.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #49
Mpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
Salesmen are disposable at a dealership. You don't have as much ammunition as you think. If you want to push, they'll just fire the salesman and claim it was a rogue employee who was fired for not respecting customers.

Keep in mind that you were listening in on his private conversation - most likely with another salesman. You can't be too shocked to hear that they talk differently to one another than to the customers.

Just let it slide. Someday you'll butt dial and leave a regrettable voicemail and you'd hope for the same.

-Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I'd say let it slide. Everyone talks about everyone they know behind their backs. I do it, I'm sure my friends and family do it about me. It's just how life goes. Ever have that group of friends that waits until the one person they don't like leaves the room and they immediately throw the complaints at you? It's just how it goes. No one is safe from this behavior. You could have the nicest salesperson in the world and I bet they'd find at least one thing to say to a coworker about you.
^^^^

All of this... Do you not make fun of your clients at times? Sometimes it is the only way to keep your sanity in the service industry.

I would probably let him know that you caught him. I wouldn't report him to his boss, that's a serious douche move and it's not like he was trying to rip you off...
The Following User Says Thank You to Mpowered For This Useful Post:
Nevermore (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #50
norsamerican

Drives: WRB BRZ
Theres a difference between making fun of potential customers and getting caught making fun of potential customers.

1. He isnt a customer or a client (hes a potential)
2. The salesmans paycheck depends on the sale of cars
3. There's a reason this happened and it should be taken advantage of.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #51
MTCRX

Drives: Whiteout FRS- autocross ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskurucz View Post
I'm an iPhone user, but I heard you can transfer voicemails using "Google Voice".

But then again I'm 24 and I'm having a midlife crisis, so don't listen to me.
Mid-life crises? already? you all should be living it up in your prime right now not looking for the downhill slide. I am more than twice your age (yes people do live that long, before computers, before cell phones, before affordable sports cars, before "the Facebook") and just now having a mini crisis, nothing serious and actually a time of the most freedom and financial stability ever. You must not plan on living long! If you thought your teenage years were the best, well in my opinion they are crap compared to what can lie ahead, a real life on your own. Good luck and hang in there.
MTCRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #52
joergasm

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2013 - SWP 6MT
Everyone has some constructive ideas, I say yo should also add.
"I'm having a mid-life crisis?! Did I hear that right? Well you're having a dead-life crisis"
then whip out a gun, turn around and keep shooting it in the air as you walk out laughing hysterically.

But serious...do that, and keep us updated man! Best of luck!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #53
Mpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsamerican View Post
Theres a difference between making fun of potential customers and getting caught making fun of potential customers.

Thinking that the dealership will drop the price further on an in-demand car because of a salesperson screw up is a stretch at best.

I think the only thing that happens if you report him to the GM is (a) they laugh about it behind your back after you buy the car anyway and leave or (b) the salesperson gets fired.

If you are hellbent on making the salesperson pay, your best option would be to show the voicemail to the GM, walk to another dealership and buy the car there.

As I said before, I dont think you should do that. That said, the salesperson did put you in a shitty position. On one hand, you gotta stand up for himself, on the other hand what he did was not actually that bad. What I would do if I were in your position is confront the guy, let him know that he butdialed you and left a voicemail with all the details. Let him know that you don't want to take this to his boss because you don't want to get him fired, but ask him to make it up to you and push for more stuff (free parts credits, maintenance, or whatever), then make decision whether to buy or walk away.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #54
Justin.b

Drives: 13 Hot Lava, 01 Miata, 09 Outback
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsamerican View Post

Or he can not be a db.

-Justin
Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #55
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Fuck with him, every minute of his time you waste is potential commissions he's missing out on.
I like the idea of him getting the car on the lot, give them a hassle than don't sign.
It'd be even better of you could get someone else to waste his time as well but I think just simply not getting the frs there is good enough
IntotheOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #56
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
WOW! Crazy thread. I think you play the recording to the GM and buy the car from another dealership. You don't need to confront the guy or make a big deal about it, but it does need to be taken care of. This isn't a BS complaint like "Oh, the salesman wasn't nice to me" this is something pretty legit.

Don't sue, don't get money taken off, it's not necessary, BUT I absolutely think, the GM needs to be made aware and you need to go to another dealership

Good luck
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote