follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 03-25-2019, 03:42 PM   #29
maslin
Benz Tech

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dw300c is a low pressure pump.

dw300c:

High pressure fuel pump:

maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maslin For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #30
brzcui

Drives: 2014 supercharged brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the info tcoat, is this a definite fix for the cricket sound? I have heard stories from ppl going to dealer replacing it and the sound comes back after shortly.
brzcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #31
maslin
Benz Tech

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzcui View Post
Ok then they are replacing the high pressure fuel pump because they called me today saying the pump they r going with is dw300c or something like that, i looked that up its like the physical thing in the fuel assembly, idk if they are aware of the need to change the low pressure one? Maybe they assume i know what they are talking about and with their test data they found out the low pressure sends signal to high pressure about the mass air going in , and the high pressure fuel pump didn’t do its job and inject the amount of juel requested. Ya but is there a fix to the cricket sound? Its definitely not something I noticed a lot, i think the first owner did the exhaust super loud to cover that sound but when sometimes im going from neutral to first before going to high gears or slowing down in low gears i hear the cricket sound coming from the passenger side air van area
Read read read. Read something. Anything about how fuel systems work. Get an understanding of this stuff. Or give them your car and a credit card and pick it up when it's done.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maslin For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (03-25-2019), YamahaR86 (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #32
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the info tcoat, is this a definite fix for the cricket sound? I have heard stories from ppl going to dealer replacing it and the sound comes back after shortly.
No. It is about 80% effective based on what we heard here.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #33
brzcui

Sorry about the confusion lol i meant to say the low pressure fuel pump, im new to the concept of high pressure and low pressure terms i got it confused, but yes they r replacing the low pressure one in the fuel assembly, i assume they are sure that is the faulty fuel pump
Old 03-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #34
brzcui

That’s why I’m here lol, im really I knowledged to this and im looking to learn from guys with experience with this car, by the research of fuel pump parts online i only saw people selling aftermarket low pressure fuel pump parts and only tutorial on installing so i only knew about the low pressure one, i prefer not to be a idiot and have the shop replacing parts without double checking and ask? In my situation i was only concerned with the vacuum leak and loose wire problem so i took it to a reputable camaro performance shop, if i left the car with lots of experience with the platform and import cars i would be more than happy to just leave the car there and pay without concerning of being scammed
Old 03-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #35
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
All that poop talk in Random!

Not sure how you took those comments as grumpy though.
Hell, I don't know, it must be time for my nap.

Back when I was a real estate broker, when I would get grumpy, my female partner would tell me "humfrz, you're getting grumpy, either go take a shit or go out in your car and take a nap".

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:53 PM   #36
brzcui

NOT knowledgeable *
Old 03-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #37
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
That’s why I’m here lol, im really I knowledged to this and im looking to learn from guys with experience with this car, by the research of fuel pump parts online i only saw people selling aftermarket low pressure fuel pump parts and only tutorial on installing so i only knew about the low pressure one, i prefer not to be a idiot and have the shop replacing parts without double checking and ask? In my situation i was only concerned with the vacuum leak and loose wire problem so i took it to a reputable camaro performance shop, if i left the car with lots of experience with the platform and import cars i would be more than happy to just leave the car there and pay without concerning of being scammed
Here. Curtesy of @Ultramaroon

https://demos.starbase7.net/t3Portal/
brzcui (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 04:55 PM   #38
eherschend

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm also supercharged with 280whp. I also had those same codes.

I replaced my DW pump with a new one and had found out I hadn't put enough o-rings(I forget where) which turned out to be the problem. Might want to look into that.
eherschend is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eherschend For This Useful Post:
brzcui (03-25-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 05:24 PM   #39
scottryan
Financial Distress

Drives: 2017 GT86 325WHP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
No that’s very true, i always wanted a brz but i heard about the lack of power so i was planning on going on engine mods anyways. In my situation, buying a stock for 15k and 6k for a supercharger and install for labor isn’t really worth it, i would rather just save the time and money and spend it on a complete build. Well unfortunately, even though the car at first seems like a complete build w a newly swapped FA20 and it was running fine for a while, problems eventually occurred
Yeah I can see where the reasoning was. Hope you get everything figured out, especially with the summer coming right around the corner.
scottryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:48 PM   #40
johnowow

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eherschend View Post

I replaced my DW pump with a new one and had found out I hadn't put enough o-rings(I forget where) which turned out to be the problem. Might want to look into that.
Hey brotha, looks like I’m having the same problem and just reordered another one as I’m confident that I improperly installed my pump about 2 years ago and now having the P0087 CEL code. Was wondering what was the correct o-ring stack you used now and if you were having a problem with the tank being empty at 1/4 on the Guage. Thanks
johnowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 10:12 AM   #41
tato.valverde

Drives: Scion FRS RS1.0,Mazda MX-6 2.5i 4WS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eherschend View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnowow View Post
Hey brotha, looks like I’m having the same problem and just reordered another one as I’m confident that I improperly installed my pump about 2 years ago and now having the P0087 CEL code. Was wondering what was the correct o-ring stack you used now and if you were having a problem with the tank being empty at 1/4 on the Guage. Thanks
Hi! did you guys ever fix this? I just had both codes pop up twice, right when the tank was about to hit 1/4 capacity, and I messed with the fuel pump a couple of months ago to install a anti-starvation trap door... any help will be appreciated
tato.valverde is offline   Reply With Quote