follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2022, 10:43 AM   #281
SpectreRT

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovymoonbear View Post
Exactly, yes. Rattle / buzz, about 80-90% of the time and it seems to be dependent upon the ambient temperature outside.

I bet it’s some cover or clip or something that’s not pressed all the way in or tightened.
I had this too! Fixed it myself. For me, it was my homelink mirror (that got warranty replaced). There was a foam-lined piece of tape that held the wires together for what (I assume) was the homelink installed at port. When the warranty replacement was done, they didnt use any new tape, just wires hanging around. So as I drove, they bounced between the metal making noise.

I zip-tied them together to a fixed connector, and no more rattle for me.
SpectreRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:50 AM   #282
scuzzy

Drives: 22 BRZ limited MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have right side upper dash rattle/vibration and no homelike mirror. It's constant over any surface less than smooth. I've ruled out the glove box. It's the one noise that drives me nuts and I can't isolate the source.
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:56 AM   #283
Robotaz

Drives: 2022 GR86 Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
I have right side upper dash rattle/vibration and no homelike mirror. It's constant over any surface less than smooth. I've ruled out the glove box. It's the one noise that drives me nuts and I can't isolate the source.

I can push my finger between the air vent and door on both sides and stop both stereo and road rattles. I think it’s the bezel structure around the vent, but haven’t had time to dig I to it yet. I also have a rattle that sounds like the valence or something in the front right dash area. Both doors rattle horribly with bass music. I’m not impressed at all with interior engineering and quality control, but coming from a 2021 4Runner I have to say this car is actually better, which is sad. Honda and Ford have the best NVH behavior from my experience. Toyota possibly the worst. I guess this a Subaru though from that perspective.
Robotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:43 PM   #284
Brock H.

Drives: 2022 BRZ, Red
Had a P0560 Code Thrown at me after my second run in AutoX today. (Code being a Voltage drop/spike for over 25sec.)

A stop at an AutoZone before I left for home yielded no issues with the battery or alternator. On the long drive home, I read data off the OBD2 port and I was seeing some voltage fluctuations from 14.3 volts to 12.3 volts, but stable at 12.7v. Letting off the gas spiked the voltage to 14.3v (as is normal), but the spike to 14.3v happened a couple of times just while cruising.

Current thinking is a loose ground, but I'll be going to the dealership here this week to see what they say.
Brock H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:57 AM   #285
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
I think my rear window glass is starting to de-laminate. As the weather has warmed up I'm starting to see bubbles appear between the layers of the glass down where the glass meets the shelf behind the rear "seats".

Might be seeing similar bubbles forming higher in the window. Not sure what they might be. Possibly some other defect in the glass.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:38 PM   #286
DeeAich

Drives: '22 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
I think my rear window glass is starting to de-laminate. As the weather has warmed up I'm starting to see bubbles appear between the layers of the glass down where the glass meets the shelf behind the rear "seats".

Might be seeing similar bubbles forming higher in the window. Not sure what they might be. Possibly some other defect in the glass.
The rear window is tempered glass so just a single layer. Could it be polarization?
Attached Images

DeeAich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeeAich For This Useful Post:
Desertnate (03-25-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 10:51 PM   #287
Midnightsky

Drives: 2022 BRZ WRB
Finally got the famous hyper flash today, 3 times. Soooooo, Subaru, seems like a significant safety issue if the rear signals are randomly cutting out and causing hyper flash.
Midnightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 09:11 AM   #288
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeAich View Post
The rear window is tempered glass so just a single layer. Could it be polarization?
I thought the glass on the back window was two layers with a sheet of mylar-like product between them like you see on the windscreen. Apparently not.

I know what you're talking about in the picture, and I'm familiar with the polarization, but that isn't what I'm experiencing. I've got two perfectly straight rows of small white bubbles starting to stretch across the entire width of the back window at the very bottom of the glass. It's just high enough to see clearly in the rear view mirror...and very obvious from outside the car.

If the rear glass is a single pain, are the windows factory tinted for UV protection with a film and not tinted glass? That is the only other thing I can think of. I bought the car with 12 miles on it, so it isn't like it sat around and the dealer messed with it too much.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:48 AM   #289
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
I thought the glass on the back window was two layers with a sheet of mylar-like product between them like you see on the windscreen. Apparently not.

I know what you're talking about in the picture, and I'm familiar with the polarization, but that isn't what I'm experiencing. I've got two perfectly straight rows of small white bubbles starting to stretch across the entire width of the back window at the very bottom of the glass. It's just high enough to see clearly in the rear view mirror...and very obvious from outside the car.

If the rear glass is a single pain, are the windows factory tinted for UV protection with a film and not tinted glass? That is the only other thing I can think of. I bought the car with 12 miles on it, so it isn't like it sat around and the dealer messed with it too much.
Can you post a picture?
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 02:05 PM   #290
Robotaz

I cannot find a better thread, so wanted to ask if anyone has an annoying dash rattle on the passenger side up near the windshield. If I push the dash down really hard up at the windshield it changes it and sometimes stops it. I checked the valence and it’s all tight so I’m confident it is 100% on the inside. Curious if anyone has had a look yet. I had to push really hard and deform the dash to stop it, so not looking forward to finding a fix at all unless it’s two layers of plastic and just needs something between them.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:20 PM   #291
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
Can you post a picture?
Probably should have done that from the start.

If you look below the logo in the picture, you'll see two lines of white spots. Those aren't water spots and they aren't on the outside. They seem to be in the glass and the line of those marks are slowly spreading in two lines across the glass from left to right. They are low enough I'm not sure if I can get my hand in there to feel on the inside.

Fighting Tapatalk today. Hopefully the link works.

Attachment 210597

Last edited by Desertnate; 03-25-2022 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2022, 06:01 PM   #292
scuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
I cannot find a better thread, so wanted to ask if anyone has an annoying dash rattle on the passenger side up near the windshield. If I push the dash down really hard up at the windshield it changes it and sometimes stops it. I checked the valence and it’s all tight so I’m confident it is 100% on the inside. Curious if anyone has had a look yet. I had to push really hard and deform the dash to stop it, so not looking forward to finding a fix at all unless it’s two layers of plastic and just needs something between them.
I have the exact same rattle! Still haven't figures out the source. I've removed the glove box and had a look/poke around, tried filling in the spaces around the cabin filter box with various foam shapes -- no change. If anyone figures it out I'd love to hear the solution.
Old 03-25-2022, 06:10 PM   #293
Robotaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
I have the exact same rattle! Still haven't figures out the source. I've removed the glove box and had a look/poke around, tried filling in the spaces around the cabin filter box with various foam shapes -- no change. If anyone figures it out I'd love to hear the solution.

Try pushing the middle of the dash down up at the windshield and see if it stops. If it does I at least have a partner to help me figure out
Old 03-25-2022, 07:49 PM   #294
scuzzy

Will do!