follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 02-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #1
DunkThemMuffins

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wheel Adapters, Rohana RFX11 (19x8.5 5x112)

Howdy,

Post came up today on our local FB marketplace for a set of FIVE Rohana RFX11s in good condition with a set of new Goodyear Eagle Touring 235s. The price was so good I'd have been stupid to not pick them up; hence here I am lol.
I've never used wheel spacers or adapters before and I've been reading all over about needing to do X or Y if you get 25-45mm spacers, that you need to shave your studs if the wheel bore is too short, lug-centric vs hub-centric adapters/spacers, etc. I'm a total squid with wheel and suspension stuff, all my DIY stuff has been oil/trans fluid changes and belt changes.

Is there a set of good 5x100 to 5x112 adapters I can just buy and not have to worry about dying or filing my studs? I'm also super low on a set of MR coil overs but I'm pretty sure I can just adjust the height and camber to fit.

Thank you guys!
DunkThemMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
czellers

Drives: 2K19 GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkThemMuffins View Post
Howdy,

Post came up today on our local FB marketplace for a set of FIVE Rohana RFX11s in good condition with a set of new Goodyear Eagle Touring 235s. The price was so good I'd have been stupid to not pick them up; hence here I am lol.
I've never used wheel spacers or adapters before and I've been reading all over about needing to do X or Y if you get 25-45mm spacers, that you need to shave your studs if the wheel bore is too short, lug-centric vs hub-centric adapters/spacers, etc. I'm a total squid with wheel and suspension stuff, all my DIY stuff has been oil/trans fluid changes and belt changes.

Is there a set of good 5x100 to 5x112 adapters I can just buy and not have to worry about dying or filing my studs? I'm also super low on a set of MR coil overs but I'm pretty sure I can just adjust the height and camber to fit.

Thank you guys!
I did a quick check on ftspeed[dot]com, 86speed[dot]com, and 86worx[dot]com and i only see 5x100 > 5x114.3

i did find some on urotuning[dot]com (ive never heard or them or used them so i dont know about quality etc)
czellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:40 AM   #3
Wally86
Be Kind

Drives: 2020 86
Thanked 1,249 Times in 602 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkThemMuffins View Post
Howdy,

Thank you guys!
A quick search on google yields a few but you might end up needing hub centric rings for the spacers along with the ones you'll be using for the wheels. You could always contact one of the machining companies making the wheel adapters and have them mill up a one off for you with the correct stock hub bore and the correct one for the wheels and skip rings completely. Anything is possible with enough money.

(Saving money on these wheels looks awfully expensive to me now)
Old 02-08-2021, 11:35 AM   #4
therealstoly

Drives: 2020 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Adapters, by their very nature, are going to take up some space and add width.

Take these as an example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pc-25mm-Wh...QAAOSweyxfGYmu

25mm thick in order to have enough room for lugs to hubs. You didn't mention the offset of the wheels you got but you could very well end up with a fitment you don't want/can't use. For arguments sake and to keep the numbers simple a +35 offset is flush. Adding 25mm (netting you a +10 offset) to that and your wheels/tires are an inch further outside the fenders.

The best site I've found for looking at fitment is wheel-size.com and you can quickly and easily look at different offsets and sizes. Put in your year and manipulate the OE size to be the 5x112 wheels you got. On the right hand side of the calculator subtract 25mm from what you have. +42 now is +17 with 25mm adapters et al. For the more advanced you can even manipulate actual measurements to account for things like coil overs, fender distance, etc.

For real world pictures, fitmentindustries.com has a massive gallery that might be helpful when uncertain about fitment. You might not find these exact wheels on the 86 platform but you can search for just the size and offset pre and post adapters to see if anyone has made the size work and what it looks like.

There are other considerations, of course, but seems simplest to look at adding an inch to all four corners first. If you can't camber your way to getting the added width under your fenders the rest is moot.

Last edited by therealstoly; 02-08-2021 at 01:53 PM.
therealstoly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to therealstoly For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 03:36 PM   #5
DunkThemMuffins

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealstoly View Post
You didn't mention the offset of the wheels you got but you could very well end up with a fitment you don't want/can't use.
After about 4 straight hours of research after I posted this thread, I realized that adapters are going to be a no-go. Wheels are +35mm offset and adapters would be +25 bare minimum. Thank you for the link! I think I'm going to stick with my original plan of 17x8.5s so I don't need to spend an additional $700 to have these wheels fit, and then have to add 45 degrees of camber lol.

I knew when I picked up these wheels it'd be a longshot to get them fit but they were priced to sell quick, so I figured I could resell and break even if they didn't fit.
DunkThemMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DunkThemMuffins For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (02-09-2021), therealstoly (02-09-2021), Wally86 (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 01:32 PM   #6
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,233 Times in 2,957 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Look when I made the post below it was supposed to be sarcastic.
See figure 8.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFzNtLPH..._web_copy_link

(sorry, the post is mostly a joke...glad you're not going to try to make it fit!)

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
glhs386 (02-13-2021), therealstoly (02-09-2021), Wally86 (02-09-2021), x808drifter (02-09-2021)