follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-30-2016, 12:04 AM   #71
illmatic_frs

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaldy View Post
Car is lowered, I did the TRD exhaust. I am interested in a header+tune but I'm worried about the noise. I'd be interested to hear people's opinion on that. I've also thought about changing the deck but I think I want to go the apple/car deck route so I'll wait for some viable options.
Header+tune.. The sound is hypnotic. How can anyone not fall in love with the UEL sound.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
illmatic_frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:39 AM   #72
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
For me it was the all-weather floor mats, Carsmo armrest, and clear side markers (although it took me awhile to work up to doing the later since I was new to modding (and the install was a bit of a PITA)).

I love all of the modifications I've done to my car, but those three were 'no brainers'. A lot of the mods I've installed or have on order are new territory for me, so while I've been very happy with most of them, a lot of them took a lot of research and time to decide on.

I ordered the all-weather mats with my car - I've never had carpeted floor mats, and can't see how that would work out being that I live in a state with a lot of rain and grime on the roads.

The Carsmo armrest is super comfortable (IMO), and looks OEM - I couldn't believe how long it was missing from my life after I got it installed; my arm rests on it most of the time while I'm driving whereas before that wasn't possible.

The amber side marker just look cheap and less modern, elegant, and stream-lined with the rest of the car (again, IMO - especially on an asphalt); every time I look at the front of my car since installing them I cringe a little bit thinking about how long I had the completely out-of-place orange ones installed for.
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #73
Nails

Drives: 2016 FR-S (Halo MT)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegan_V View Post
I guess this may be dependent on where you live, but for me an upgrade I had to make was replacing the OEM horn. I live in a city full of dopey drivers and the hopeless horn provided often meant nobody realized I was the one using my horn. Due to the potential danger of a horn sound nobody took seriously I decided it must get replaced immediately.

What you replace it with is entirely up to your tastes, I didn't like any of the aftermarket tones. I went with a stock horn tone from something that had some presence as far as the tone is concerned. I got a horn from a Subaru Tribeca, and it works way better than the original.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was curious about the Tribeca horn you added to your FR-S. I'm new to the car and had the misfortune of using the horn recently to motivate someone to move along that had fallen asleep at a traffic light. It is almost as bad as Toyota horns from the mid 80's.

Did you have to do an rewiring when you installed the horn or was it straight plug and play? Did you remove the front bumper or install it from the bottom of the car?
Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:45 PM   #74
drgill

Drives: 2016 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I first saw that stalk and thought "ah shit that is backwards tech" but after using it (a shitload) I greatly prefer it over the buttons on the wheel. It is just that much more intuitive and the placement for my driving technique is spot on.
Just took my FRS on a long distance trip and used the cruise control for the first time. I tried using it without reading the OM first and I was wondering if it was broken. At a rest stop I pulled out the manual and Eureka! I like the way it operates as well.
drgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:44 PM   #75
darthpnoy1984

Drives: 15 ZN6 Asphalt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Easily get rid of that dreaded boring halogen projectors for the Winjets and HID setup makes the car standout a billion times better. Debatable or upon preference Toyota badge.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:18 AM   #76
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,294 Times in 874 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Don't upgrade. Oem setup is tons of fun on the street... If you don't find it fun, get another car or taking driving lesson if push gas paddle is all you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaoskaze For This Useful Post:
arrow34 (08-17-2016), krayzie (08-17-2016), MasonL1997 (08-17-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 06:46 AM   #77
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Don't list it as a mod, but the very first things I bought were floor mats. The hell they didn't give me any with the car I have no idea. Can lump the trunk / boot mat in also. You'd pop the boot and be staring right at the spare tire in all its unadulterated glory.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (08-23-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 08:04 AM   #78
arrow34

Drives: Firestorm red FRS 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Don't list it as a mod, but the very first things I bought were floor mats. The hell they didn't give me any with the car I have no idea. Can lump the trunk / boot mat in also. You'd pop the boot and be staring right at the spare tire in all its unadulterated glory.
Mine came with mats... and a boot mat(ie mine came with the trunk/boot mat)?

My no brainer mods, were internal leds(dome, back, trunk, plate), backup camera(2015), rear view mirror with backup camera monitor, joying headunit. Want HIDS but saving to get a real retro kit.
arrow34 is offline   Reply With Quote