follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-04-2021, 10:50 AM   #1
Shawnio

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about installing Interior LED's

So I was just able to get some GCS Interior lighting strips for my FR-S and so after making sure all the stuff came alright, me and my friend began discussing how we would install them. The issue is that there are two ways to do it. One is through the cigarette lighter in the glove box or we could add a fuse with the interior fuse box. I felt like the add a fuse while a bit more difficult would be best as it would be neater and take up less space. And although it hasn’t been tested yet I was hoping to plug it in the fuse slot for fog lights since I don’t have any so hopefully I could turn them on and off with the lights without having to turn my headlights fully on if I want it on during the day. But his point of view was that it would be simpler if I need to remove it altogether or if there would be issues and that it’s best not to mess with the fuse box at all. Are there any recommendations or advice for this type of installation?

Another smaller question is about the actual placement of them. Being that 4 strips came and so the two obvious spots would be for the footwell lights. And while the installation people recommend putting them under the seat on the rail I feel like that would be a waste and there have been stories of sliding the seat and crunching them. And I looked into maybe trying to get them through the door panel to put under the rest on the doors but I haven’t been able to find any tutorials about that so it’s probably a no-go. So my question is if there are any other good spots that one would recommend to put the extra two strips or should I just store them in case of emergency. Any advice would help.
Shawnio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:12 PM   #2
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ticket Resolved:
Duplicate of https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144091

Reported as possible bot for making this new thread after already replying in original thread an hour earlier.

^Joke
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosmetic modification, interior led kit, lighting