follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 01-27-2021, 11:52 PM   #1
K3rbal

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oil Pan Suggestions for a 5.3 LS swap

I was wondering if there was a preferred or a recommended oil pan for this swap that would require minimal modification to the oil pan or cross member where the engine mounts?

I looked over a LS2 swap thread where he mentioned preferring the SIKKY oil pan, or a OEM GTO oil pan. I was curious if there was a more available and possibly affordable alternative to the SIKKY oil pan. This GTO oil pan idea led me to find this JEGS pan for a GTO that looks rather low profile and inexpensive.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this topic and could possibly help out. I have little experience with engine swaps, but I have some friends helping me out, they just did not know if there was a "preferred" pan the community has found to work better than others.

Thanks in advance!
K3rbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:22 AM   #2
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CXracing also makes a pan but it probably only works with their mounts (or is at least specifically made for them). You can buy the pan in their kit with the mounts but not separated from it, so that should be why it is like that.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine bay, engine swap, fitment, fr-s, oil pan