follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 05-11-2019, 02:53 PM   #15
usp2333

Drives: MT 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feistyfrog View Post
I have the Indy 500 and they are very good looking, got a lot of grip on dry (not so much on wet) and they are really cheap. The best all around value for the price IMO.

Some people tend to overlook the design of tires for the overall appearance of the car. I used to love the performance of my Coopers on my previous car, but they were ugly as hell, and it was bothering me every time I looked at the car.
Thanks for the feedback! I know right? How tires look, in my opinion, gigantically shapes it's overall look. I can't take having to look at rims that have tires with a sharp tread end. That's why I've been looking for some semi-slicks, because not only do they not chunk when you drift, but they also look killer good.

I've pretty much got it squared away now. I purchased 18x8.75 and I'll wrap them in 225/40 Firehawks. Should have some stretch in there, do you think that's too much?
I'm a little worried because the firehawk doesn't have a rim guard, but whatever lol

As for the others calling my car a rally car... lol I went off road to get that pic, and the ground was absolute slush. Rip me. It took a passing by tow truck two hours to get me out... he didn't charge me tho!!! Basically, that was a farm field, and there was a plastic bedding that had worked itself to the surface at the edge of that road. Unfortunately, that plastic bedding got wrapped up in my wheel between the brake and the axle. We worked on getting that tarp out for like 1.5 hours... Legendary tow truck driver.
usp2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:49 PM   #16
Feistyfrog

Drives: Toyota 86 2019
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow, that's a tow job!!

You'll have a little bit of strecht but it'll be fine. I'm running 18x8.5 with 235/40 and they fit perfectly. You may consider that size since your wheels are a little wider than mine.

I choose 235/40 mostly for the additional 4mm of ground clearance they give me, since I'm on TRD springs from the dealership and it's my daily driver. They also help closing the fender gap a little (another 4mm).

Even if they have slightly bigger diameter than stock wheels, the speedo seems accurate enough. I was on cruise control last week and got a ticket for the exact speed showing on the speedo...so it's not an issue.
Feistyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #17
eastendraceshop

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S & '17 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by usp2333 View Post
That looks good! What about the Firestone Firehawk? Good? Bad?

And yes we could... But "suck" sounds way more cool
I've heard only very good things about the Firestone Firehawk, I don't have any personal experience with them myself.

+1 to the Federals being LOUD, haha. Especially the RS-R/RS-RR.
eastendraceshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #18
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by usp2333 View Post
Sorry! (my novice showing here) That's what I meant. Getting a skinnier XXR rim but one that has LESS offset, then getting a spacer to make it flush. Thanks for the link!

Less offset (ie +30 instead of +40) already has more poke. If you want the wheel tucked in more you need a higher offset. You can't increase offset with spacers, only reduce (and add more poke).

Tags
527, fr-s, xxr, xxr527