follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Openflash manager data display problem.

When I connect the device to the computer, I get a couple of things that make me concerned.
1) When I select Upload or Download and it initially reads the device, it never seems to finish. The progress bar stops, but the display never stops showing "Please wait". Is this just a display glitch that can be ignored?
2) Under the same conditions, the correct information displays in the upper right corner of the screen (HW 100, FW 126). This is what shows on the device itself. The problem is that in the fields below, the FW displays as 125.
Anyone else notice this? Given that the correct data displays everywhere else, it would seem like nothing to worry about, but if some displayed data is known to be wrong, how can the rest be trusted?
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
When I connect the device to the computer, I get a couple of things that make me concerned.
1) When I select Upload or Download and it initially reads the device, it never seems to finish. The progress bar stops, but the display never stops showing "Please wait". Is this just a display glitch that can be ignored?
2) Under the same conditions, the correct information displays in the upper right corner of the screen (HW 100, FW 126). This is what shows on the device itself. The problem is that in the fields below, the FW displays as 125.
Anyone else notice this? Given that the correct data displays everywhere else, it would seem like nothing to worry about, but if some displayed data is known to be wrong, how can the rest be trusted?
Are you running OFM 1.07.1 (note the .1)
Connect OFT to computer while it has internet connection and let it update

Install latest Template file from openflash tablet web site
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
mid_life_crisis

I downloaded and installed all the updates when I received it and, as far as I know, nothing has been updated since then. I always let it do its automatic downloads when I connect it.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I downloaded and installed all the updates when I received it and, as far as I know, nothing has been updated since then. I always let it do its automatic downloads when I connect it.
Are you on OFM 1.07.1 not just 1.07 ??
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
mid_life_crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Are you on OFM 1.07.1 not just 1.07 ??
Old 05-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
Garrett@Openflash

Drives: S2K AP2
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
This is difficult to diagnose as we do not have a large amount of users with similar issues. Make sure you are using the most up to date OFM, you can download for free at openflashtablet.com. This could also be a hardware/OS issue so maybe try the same operation with a different computer so we can identify if its a problem with the tablet or the PC. email our support sector at sales@vishnutuning.com and we can walk you through some steps to get you OFT working properly.
Garrett@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #7
mid_life_crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett@Vishnu View Post
This is difficult to diagnose as we do not have a large amount of users with similar issues. Make sure you are using the most up to date OFM, you can download for free at openflashtablet.com. This could also be a hardware/OS issue so maybe try the same operation with a different computer so we can identify if its a problem with the tablet or the PC. email our support sector at sales@vishnutuning.com and we can walk you through some steps to get you OFT working properly.
I finally brought the tablet to work and tested it on my computer there. Computer is Win7 Pro. Of course the 1.07.1 is no longer available, so I installed 1.08.0. Except for the program being identified as 1.08.0, it's the same. The upper right corner lists the statistics correctly, but the FW Version identified in the middle of the screen is incorrect and the application still says it's waiting for data even though it is clearly done.

I'm posting here because I haven't posted that this is resolved and I want to make it clear that it is not the fault of the company.
The Following User Says Thank You to mid_life_crisis For This Useful Post:
Garrett@Openflash (05-14-2014)