follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
SoCal BRZ Group Buy

[[[[[[[[ THE LIST IS CLOSED ]]]]]]]

I started this group buy on October 14th back in 2011 and now it's become an amazing package deal for a lot of people.

THIS GROUP BUY IS OPEN TO ANYONE OUT OF STATE AND THOSE ANYWHERE IN CALIFORNIA. AS LONG AS YOUR FINANCES ARE SET YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

If you are interested in this group deal please post which list you want to be on. BUT PLEASE, be sure your finances are set for right-off-the-bat buyers. Potential buyers are those who are essentially still making adjustments to their financial plan. Future buyers are self-explanatory.

Group deal back on track-ish. We'll be going with Irvine Subaru

For other possible questions scroll down.

UPDATE: 2/8/2012
List

***If your name is on any List. I'll need you to PM me your First Full name and Last Initial. Its to see who's going to Flake and who's being serious.***
So far.. the initial buyer's for the "right-off-the-bat" release are..
1. MF_Deuce [L.R]
2. Sev [N.G]
3. ridonkulous52
4. chantaiman51
5. Username
6. r4m3n [Ray]
7. colatkitty [M.T]
8. daphazel1
9. wu_dot_com [B.W]
10. Silverpike
11. Mike [M.K]
12. Toofast4yourazz
13. GodSays
14. zoomzoomers [J.K]
15. Esc [Eric]
16. 86design [R.M]
17. jai [J.K]

*The numbers DO NOT correspond with who gets the car first. It is merely to count how many people are on the list.*

Potential buyers for the first release
1. Buggy51
2. 5oo
3. SPCorBust
4. Silversurfer
5. statuskuo
6. Shinobi2u [W.S]
7. Gaiakai [A.A]
8. Booey1979
9. Burt

Buyer's for the future release (around a year later)
1. Giccin
2. RRnold
3. Zaku (?)
4. Longhorn (?)
5. nrclptcnsmnjak

SUBARU VIP PROGRAM
Info for you guys but you guys can get in on the Subaru VIP program.

If you join this [ http://lnt.org/support/membership_benefits.php ]

Its $20 a year to get 2% off dealer price no-haggle for your Subaru.
* That link also has info on how the Subaru VIP program works for them.

General Info about Subaru VIP Program
How to Buy a New Subaru at 2% Below Dealer Invoice

UPDATE: DEALER UPDATE 2/20/2012

*** We will be doing our group purchase at Irvine Subaru since PH Subaru played a bad move. Stay informed myself and a few other members will be contributing to this thread ***
Richard Thornton

Is the man we'll be talking with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86design View Post
Hey Guys,

Just got of the phone with Rich from Irvine Subaru!!

Rich says if anybody wants to get on this BRZ deal (also his working on getting us some awesome deals when the car comes out) to give him a call personaly

Also he says when you call please say I was referred by Rene (thats me)

Richard Thornton
Irvine Subaru
619.559.7739 personal Cell phone number
UPDATE: DEALER UPDATE 2/4/2012
Ok, so why did I choose Puente Hills Subaru? There are other dealerships you haven't listed on your list!
- Actually, I've been to a couple of them and Subaru Costa Mesa thought I was a joke, so they didn't bother really helping me at all regarding the group deal. I've also taken a look at Renick of Subaru and their lot seems wayy too small for our deal. Irvine's lot was also small and when talking with their GM I didn't feel like those in the group deal would be comfortable talking with her either. Especially if I wasn't.

What is Puente Hills Subaru offering that makes them stand out from the rest?
- If you've followed this thread they have offered us an awesome awesome deal. It's $300 above invoice, discount on accessories (being worked), and extended services-which means extended warranties and such-(also being worked). Frank is an extremely easy going and very nice guy to talk with. He's a very good listener and from my talks with him--he doesn't hide much when talking. Oh, and their Lot is A LOT bigger.

How do I get on this group deal?
- Simply make sure your finances are set and make a post on this thread which list you want to be on. You'll also have to give Frank a call and mention that you're on Monique's BRZ Group Deal. Without my name AND SAVINGS CODE you WILL NOT be able to get on any discounts.
NOTICE: You will now need to send me a PM before you put your deposit on the car. Anyone who goes in and mentions my name and the group deal but does not give Frank the discount code will NOT get any discount.

When does this Group Deal Expire?
- I can't give a definite answer on when this deal ends, because of the current situation with how many cars PHS (Puente Hills Subaru) will get. This is from reading a bunch of other threads and posts people have posted.

Wait, so if we don't know how many cars are coming to this dealership what's the point of putting a deposit or pre-ordering my car?
- Pre-ordering and putting a deposit on your car go hand-in-hand. You will be notified that your car is in, and to speed up the process (if you had your finances set) Frank will send you your credit/financial form which you can fill out. This will be brought up at the dealership when you are ready to pay and of course after you've chosen your accessories and extended services.
- Whatever the situation may be those who pre-order will get the car first. It might take awhile since the word around forums is a couple of BRZs per dealership.

I'm <insert far away place from Puente Hills Subaru/that part of Southern California> can I still get on this deal?
- Of course! You can have the car shipped TO YOU! But you'll have to pay for the shipping and handling costs. Best way is to fly from where you are (I can come pick you up if you spot me some money for fuel and give me a heads up on time/date) or you can drive here and drive back to where your home city is.

How will I know I won't be ripped off by the dealer? Sometimes dealers say things and omit it later on when the buying process happens. Or its not covered even after they said it would?
- Our deal will be written in part of our contract by the General Manager and Frank at PHS when we purchase the car.

Frank Aparico
Cell: (909) 856-4233
Work: (626) 626 4800
E-mail: frank@puentehillssubaru.com

- Does Pre-ordering Cost Money?
: $500 for a deposit for the car (refundable and the check will have large words written VOID on it until time comes). The reason behind this is because if there was no down-payment (which I believe also goes towards the car too) there would be many cars sitting out in the lot without any buyers.
: When the car becomes avaliable on the GM's screen is when we're able to pre-order.

- Do you take Trade-ins?
: Yes.

- Do you uphold/honor the Subaru VIP program specifically for the BRZ?
: Yes, but only on pre-orders. (Essentially the same thing with Subaru Irvine)

- Will Subaru Pay off my 6-month Lease?
: Yes, but it solely depends on where the lease is at. If its in its Negative than no. However, if you're in a positive equity then the portion that is left over can be used on the car. (From my understanding)

- Any bonus add-ons possible due to our group deal?
: Its very possible. It will basically come down to how everything turns out when the time gets closer. (From what I'm getting at is... More people = bigger chance(?)) (I asked about Extended Warranties, services etc.) (I'm taking this question as a Yes, but be sure to call Frank if you want this clarified).

- If I buy the car at Subaru Puente Hills can I service my car at any dealership?
: Yes

- Since we're there's a lot of people buying as the car comes out how would you like to make this an easier process?
: It takes about 2 hours per person who buys the car. People can come in during any time of the week (within business hours of course) to test drive their car and purchase. To make the process even quicker there is a form you can fill out to check your credit (of course online and I'll provide a link sometime soon since the one Frank sent me had my home address.. and I don't want any of you guys knowing where I live. O_O. Creeps.)

- You said the car would be at $300 above invoice. Now, does that include all of our accessories and add-ons as well? (From what I'm guessing is you guys wanting to know whether or not the parts would be cheaper as well.)
: Part's prices are located on the website. So whatever you add on to the car + the car's invoice + $300 = Total cost

Ok just got off the phone with the guy from Puente Hills subaru. His name is Frank (frank@puentehillssubaru.com). If you guys have any questions with him you can ask him directly regarding finances.

Talk with him if you want to put a $500 deposit for your BRZ and he'll get what you want. He told me its an outlet so he'll price match or beat any prices from any other subaru.

As of right now. He told me it will be $300 ABOVE INVOICE for the car if its 24k assuming you'll pay $24,300 if its like that....

I told him that we're all forum members. We've read up on all the price settings and all of its specs (meaning I mentioned that the premium AND limited edition ranges from 24-27k) and I asked him to confirm with me if that was going to be the estimated price for the car. He DOES TAKE the subaru VIP program. Once the offical pricing comes up again. I will haggle the price as lowest as I best can.

For those who don't want to read...
- Dealer knows about our group buy (if you mention my name "monique" to Frank in the e-mail he'll start talking to you more indepth about the deal) If by any chance he starts to skew away from what you want. Give me a heads up. And send me a copy of the e-mail so I can confront his ass if he decides to lie or starts to go away from what we're after.
- He is taking $500 deposits right now.
- He is upholding the subaru VIP program.
- He is willing to go lower for the car if you can prove to him that the other Subaru dealer is also going low (in price) for the car.

I'll start calling him again if we could get some bonus extras once we get closer to the arrival date of the car (meaning oil changes, warrenty, maintences etc.)
I plan on calling 2 more subaru dealers to see what they can do.

Desiree Farey
Cell: (714)342-9920
Work Phone: (949) 837-3500 Ext: 100
E-mail: desiree@irvinesubaru.com

- Do you take/uphold the Subaru VIP program for the BRZ specifically?
: Yes, but ONLY on orders. (Meaning you call in and tell her what you want for your BRZ Limted or Premium.)
- Do you take Trade-ins?
: Yes.
- Do you take Deposits?
: Unfortunately, not until Subaru corporate actually puts it in the system so you can order it. (I went and took a look at her screen. The BRZ wasn't on as a pre-order yet. When the BRZ does come out you can call and place your order over the phone. Without a deposit(?) I need to call her again for a couple more questions tomorrow or so... Or later today)
- What can you do for our group buy?
: Basically what R4m3n said. Match Puente Hills deal. $300 above Invoice. (I need to call and confirm it. It slipped my mind whether I heard MSRP or Invoice.)
- Will Subaru Pay off my 6mo Lease?*
: No dealer will pay off the lease. But will take it as a trade-in depending on value of the car at the time. (You'll have to give her a call to ask for more info or a much more in depth info.)

According to Desiree, any dealer taking deposits now are basically just taking your money. There is no BRZ in the system; therefore, per-ordering now is void.

What is invoice price?
source

Invoice price is the price a car dealer pays to the manufacturer for each vehicle he buys. The price is the same for every dealer across the U.S. for the same car.
Invoice price is only one of a number of costs that dealers pay.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86

Last edited by Giccin; 04-05-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Updates And or restructuring
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
86design (04-10-2012)
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Ohhh! Im in!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
tr1x5tuh
The Original Super Saiyan

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
momo u talking about south coast subie?? if so im in lol
tr1x5tuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
I'm probably not able to get in on this since I live in NE, but let me know why kid of deal you get. I'll force my dealer to match it

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #5
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
im just going in with one of my tight wad uncles, ive seen him do his magic. got his brothers mazda6 fully loaded 3k under sticker, plus 1k off for that loyal owner thing, where if someone else has a mazda you get 1k off
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:54 AM   #6
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRush View Post
im just going in with one of my tight wad uncles, ive seen him do his magic. got his brothers mazda6 fully loaded 3k under sticker, plus 1k off for that loyal owner thing, where if someone else has a mazda you get 1k off
Is he one of those.. walk-out-the door kinda guys with a super tough lookin face that scares dealers until they shit bricks?

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 10-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I've just learned to tell them what price I want. If they can't do it I'm not offended. They're in the business to make money, that's fine. I give them my number, tell them if they change their mind to call me, and I leave. I don't mean to be a jerk about it or anything, but I don't want to play games and I don't feel like haggling for an hour. The entire "hold on, let me see if I can do this" eight times experience is exhausting and annoying. Of course I'm reasonable with my expectations, and if they can come close to what I want then I'll go for it, but so far this process has worked every time.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
I've just learned to tell them what price I want. If they can't do it I'm not offended. They're in the business to make money, that's fine. I give them my number, tell them if they change their mind to call me, and I leave. I don't mean to be a jerk about it or anything, but I don't want to play games and I don't feel like haggling for an hour. The entire "hold on, let me see if I can do this" eight times experience is exhausting and annoying. Of course I'm reasonable with my expectations, and if they can come close to what I want then I'll go for it, but so far this process has worked every time.
I've done that a couple times and it has worked. :P

But in this case its more of a...

"All six of us want this car. So we need 6 cars like this in <insert colors>. We want this included with this. And we all want it at this price. What can you do. [brilliant idea N2.] Here's our number. If you can do it we will buy. Guaranteed."

All short sentences. Serious faces on. :l

:>

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 10-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Is he one of those.. walk-out-the door kinda guys with a super tough lookin face that scares dealers until they shit bricks?
no he uses this whining technique and compares other cars and says he doesn't like to pay sticker
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
I've done that a couple times and it has worked. :P

But in this case its more of a...

"All six of us want this car. So we need 6 cars like this in <insert colors>. We want this included with this. And we all want it at this price. What can you do. [brilliant idea N2.] Here's our number. If you can do it we will buy. Guaranteed."

All short sentences. Serious faces on. :l

:>
LMAO! can you imagine what they'll be thinking or how they're faces will look when we do that? lol
Old 10-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #11
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I imagine they'd probably take a certain percentage or flat amount off. Somehow I doubt that every person will want their spec'd exactly the same, unless there's only one trim with no options.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
Marrk

Drives: Honda Fit
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post

Don't walk in and commit to a price. All they will do is work you up from there.

Make them commit to a price first and you work them down.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
ryridesmotox

Drives: 2010 Chevy Cobalt SS, 59 Ford F100
I would be totally down for the group purchase. I live in North San Diego County and I don't mind rolling up to OC or LA to get a hook up as long as its better than what I can haggle down here. I usually am satisfied with walking out for a little over invoice lol.

Funny story about a dealer you guys might get a kick out of. The dealer I usually go to had no cobalt ss in stock for me to drive. I went to the next closest one... the Sales guy sat me down and tried to sell me the car. The guy was an idiot though... and I quote "Yea, the cobalt ss is a really awesome car, its a super high performance tuning car" I relpied, "not yet its not"... he then said "it even has a 6 speed transmission like a vette" you know that double take you do when people say something so stupid and off the wall that you aren't sure if they are joking??? yea I did that (cobalt is a 5 speed Saab trans by the way), then I said, "most people don't count reverse as a forward gear buddy and a vette is RWD the only thing on my car like a vette is the fact that they both come in silver." He didn't give me the price I wanted to pay, said it was impossible, I told him I would have that Cobalt SS sitting in my driveway by the weekend with the price I wanted to pay on an invoice. So for 20k out the door got my cobalt from my buddy's dealership

Moral of the story... I win, dealer loses, don't mess with a guy who used to be a motorcycle salesman cuz I know all your stupid tricks.
Treadstone Performance Stage 3 kit: CAI, Charge Pipes, TR8 intercooler, Maf Relocate, 52MM Turbosmart BOV, 3 inch catless downpipe, 3 inch catback, borla XR1 muffler, Exedy Hypersingle, TWM short throw shifter, 24PSI HPtuned by Terminator2 on E85/91
ryridesmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
GC8_STi_Type_R

Drives: 2001 STi swap GC8, 2007 WRX Wagon
If the numbers that were released actually hold true then it would be worth looking. Not sure if I would actually do it though.
GC8_STi_Type_R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz, california, group buy, socal, southern