follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 01-25-2022, 12:22 PM   #15
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
I have. They're nice.

- Andrew
Hey Andrew, sorry to hi-jack but I recall someone (it may have been you) from RCE mentioning using BRZ oem front springs and FRS oem rears. Does that ring a bell. I'll probably be changing to B6s later this year and don't really want to lower the car for all the reasons others have stated.

thanks.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:53 PM   #16
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,241 Times in 2,962 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
Hey Andrew, sorry to hi-jack but I recall someone (it may have been you) from RCE mentioning using BRZ oem front springs and FRS oem rears. Does that ring a bell. I'll probably be changing to B6s later this year and don't really want to lower the car for all the reasons others have stated.

thanks.
I've never tried it, but yeah I thought that would be solid for a non-lowered set up.

Remember though the BRZ springs have changed over the years, so be sure to get the right ones.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:41 AM   #17
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
I've never tried it, but yeah I thought that would be solid for a non-lowered set up.

Remember though the BRZ springs have changed over the years, so be sure to get the right ones.

- Andrew
That was my recollection. I’ll have to figure out what’s what. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:59 AM   #18
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
subbing because I also want to know this.

I really like that the RSR is not that much lower. I don't like scraping on speed bumps or unseen shitty road parts. I also don't like wearing out the stock shocks too fast if its too low and out of the shocks range of motion.

But on the other hand the RCE is a nice set with good use and support and we know it works.

I don't want to make my car tail happy, I want it neutral and to handle better, grip better, not be a drift car so I want proper front/rear balance. I know the BRZ has already done this a bit better than the Toyota but I want to keep or slightly improve on that rather than make it more like the Toyota
This was exactly my criteria and just personally I didn't want to lower the car a whole lot. I just wanted to capitalize on the BRZ neutral handling and a good balance with good grip. I am 100% satisfied with RCE Yellows as they did exactly that. Also, having a good alignment truly helps as well. I think you will be more than content with the RCE Yellows. Now I have them paired with Bilstein B6 and its been amazing.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vital For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 12:25 PM   #19
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,124 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefalls View Post
Now that Andrew says the B6 with the stock springs are nice, then I deduce that they are comfortable....but are they adequate for some canyon spirited drives?
Or some stiffer springs are needed?

@ Racecomp Engineering. What do you say?

The shipping rates are killing during these times and the above package will be achievable sometime very soon.
Stock springs work just fine. On sticky tires you end up on the bump stops a lot. Stiffer springs like yellows help with that. Trade off with yellows is a hit to ride quality. If I lived in a spot where I was constantly driving on terrible roads any spring would probably be too much for me.

300tw range tires from my usage on the street has been a good sweet spot. Previously ran on PS4S tires, now on advan V105s.
Very much keeps the playful nature of the car.

I drove a friend's car on silver coils and 255 RS4 tires. It feels very track spec by comparison. Grip for days and takes corners with little drama around town. You can push the car and it takes it with no fuss.

Yellow combo retains the stock feel but sharpens it. The overly loose feeling at speed from the rear end is gone, but I can still get it to rotate pretty easily without purposely upsetting the balance of the car.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Thefalls (01-27-2022)