follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #1
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
android auto issues/bugs...

i have a brz ts 2020 and i looked up online about android auto having issues, i believe with 2017+ subarus not just brz..

anyone else with android phone plugging into the head unit is acting funny maybe same issues with apple carplay but i dont use iphones .. sometimes it wont connect or unit is blank screen like its off, disconnects also.. when i plug it in, the audio won't play most the time and i have to hit the mic to make the audio music to play

its all updated to the latest but i think they have not fix the bugs or something have to do with starlink idk.. seems like there a lawsuit on this...

mod move it if not in this section to post this... seems like its a subaru thing only i think..
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
Oublic

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've had the black screen issue once or twice. I noticed it happened when I plugged my phone in right when starting the car. I generally wait a moment before plugging it in. The random disconnect I've had twice and was from my cable. I swapped it out and haven't had it again.

I did use my phone to do some updates on the head unit. I don't remember if it was the maps only or maps and headunit software.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Oublic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oublic For This Useful Post:
marky (07-26-2020)
Old 07-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #3
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oublic View Post
I've had the black screen issue once or twice. I noticed it happened when I plugged my phone in right when starting the car. I generally wait a moment before plugging it in. The random disconnect I've had twice and was from my cable. I swapped it out and haven't had it again.

I did use my phone to do some updates on the head unit. I don't remember if it was the maps only or maps and headunit software.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
yeah i had the black screen of death also like 2 times.. i plug my phone in after i start it.. i think i did plug my phone in first then start the car is when that happen... the back up camera will not work also when it was on that..

also i turned my car off at a redlight and restarted it for the unit to work again after a black screen

i tried couple of cables but thats not the issue...they all do the same thing... has to be a nasty bug i think due to startlink software maybe...no one uses that and sirus/xm now days lol
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:12 PM   #4
JohnH
Professional wrench

Drives: 2020 BRZ ST RS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
mine has a couple of issues. If I use Android Auto mapping(not the built in nav) it keeps putting the last 3 locations up on the screen and I can't get it off the screen, nor delete them, despite googling how to do it.

Secondly, it says "downloading phone book..." and then it does it for a while, and then it said "download failed"
JohnH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnH For This Useful Post:
marky (07-27-2020)