follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 08-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #15
JohnATL

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S MT Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTAN Performance View Post
Hello everyone,

We do not have a tracking number as it wasn't an option for certain packages for some reason when I went to ship the box. I sent a very long descriptive PM to John about this situation and we are taking care of it for him. USPS lost the package in shipping. We are waiting for a return on the package for insurance or for them to find it. We will have a answer on Monday.

I updated John exactly about this and what I would do for him. There is no reason to be posting a thread like this when it is being taken care of.

Thank you,

Chris
Full refund received. If any of the pulleys ever show up I will ship them back to you. I wish this whole situation would have transpired differently.

This thread can be moved/locked/deleted as far as I'm concerned.
JohnATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #16
JohnATL

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S MT Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Your welcome. Customer service is really what we want to be A++++ in. Hopefully John will change his mind about our company.

Issue resolved.

Thank you,

Chris
Personally I've lost any trust I had, I won't be a future customer. That doesn't mean I don't wish you the best of luck with your business and hope you don't have any issues like this again.
JohnATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Thats why it is always best to ship with delivery confirmation.

70 cents wouldnt hurt for both parties right??
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86_ZN6 For This Useful Post:
Wolfking (09-01-2012)
Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #18
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86_ZN6 View Post
Thats why it is always best to ship with delivery confirmation.

70 cents wouldnt hurt for both parties right??
it wont but think for it this way its .70 cents

.70 x 10,000 orders, $7000, i still wouldnt mind if they slipped that .70 into my expenses so at least i know where my package is

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #19
LeavingNormal
FRS2DTH

Drives: Hot Lava 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I had a very positive experience with their Perrin Pulley Group Buy. All the payment stuff went through fast and painless and in a matter of a couple of days it was at my door. This kind of shit happens, USPS, UPS, and FEDEX are all terrible, I've had horrible experiences with all of them at one point or another.

I will say this though, something that might have added to its loss could be the poor packaging of the item. I got everything in working order but it wasn't very well packaged, I could see how given some unfortunate events that pulley could have popped right out from its packaging. It was half wrapped in a box that was too small and sealed with a lot of tape. Anyone else in the group buy receive similar packaging?

Like I said I had a great experience buying from them, but maybe that's something you guys might want to look at in the future. Because these shipping companies treat all packages like shit.
LeavingNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LeavingNormal For This Useful Post:
whataboutbob (09-01-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #20
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Hello everyone,

We do not have a tracking number as it wasn't an option for certain packages for some reason when I went to ship the box. I sent a very long descriptive PM to John about this situation and we are taking care of it for him. USPS lost the package in shipping. We are waiting for a return on the package for insurance or for them to find it. We will have a answer on Monday.

I updated John exactly about this and what I would do for him. There is no reason to be posting a thread like this when it is being taken care of.

Thank you,

Chris

Former long time Postal employee here (32 year Postmaster). Not doubting that you shipped it but Track and Confirm is available on EVERY domestic package. You just have to pay a little more for it. Also make sure that the address and zip are verified as correct. IN my 32 years working for the post office and handling claims for lost or damaged items I probably handles about an average of 2 lost packages a year where is was actually 100% the USPS fault. They have the best delivery percentage in the industry despite the stereotypical "the check is in the mail" excuse that every business seems to like to use to explain their own failing. Hopefully this will be resolved to everyone's best interest. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
XTR Performance
Banned

Drives: 2012 WW Evo X
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to XTR Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Former long time Postal employee here (32 year Postmaster). Not doubting that you shipped it but Track and Confirm is available on EVERY domestic package. You just have to pay a little more for it. Also make sure that the address and zip are verified as correct. IN my 32 years working for the post office and handling claims for lost or damaged items I probably handles about an average of 2 lost packages a year where is was actually 100% the USPS fault. They have the best delivery percentage in the industry despite the stereotypical "the check is in the mail" excuse that every business seems to like to use to explain their own failing. Hopefully this will be resolved to everyone's best interest. Just my 2 cents.
Hello,

Appreciate the info. Just a heads up though. The issue was resolved and the customer has received a full refund Not sure if you read the whole thread or not.

Thank you,

Chris
XTR Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
FWIW, I've lost 2 shipments through USPS. There is a reason why after 1xx years in service the USPS might be on the verge of closing shop.

The tracking number is additional and the buyer didn't cover the extra shipping charges but I bought it anyways. I figured my Ducati parts would make it from San Diego to Arizona in a couple of days but the tracking number never got updated.

Chris, for the sake of customers, I wouldn't bother with using USPS. Stick with UPS or Fedex.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #23
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
FWIW, I've lost 2 shipments through USPS. There is a reason why after 1xx years in service the USPS might be on the verge of closing shop.

The tracking number is additional and the buyer didn't cover the extra shipping charges but I bought it anyways. I figured my Ducati parts would make it from San Diego to Arizona in a couple of days but the tracking number never got updated.

Chris, for the sake of customers, I wouldn't bother with using USPS. Stick with UPS or Fedex.
I've bought and sold a lot of crap over the years and don't remember ever having an issue with USPS...fwiw...
sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:
RRnold (09-01-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #24
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Drives: CBS BRZ MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ugh can a mod change the title to something more appropriate like "issues" or "problems" cause fraud sounds a little over the top.
SubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SubaSteve For This Useful Post:
BRZranger (09-02-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #25
Opposed

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
@Titanmotorsports, I am having the same issue. Mine was purchased 7/24, and I have been told three times it was shipped, but I have not seen anything. I do want to add that im an NOT trying to plead fraud on your case, I have had nothing but great customer service from you, I just have not seen the pulley. At this point I am concerned if something is wrong somewhere down the line. My address is correct on paypal, so I don't think that is the case. I just don't know what to do at this point. I don't want a refund, I do want the pulley, and like I said, I do want to give you the business, you have been very nice and helpful, and I also have an AFE intake on order from you as well.
Opposed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Opposed For This Useful Post:
RRnold (09-01-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #26
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
I've bought and sold a lot of crap over the years and don't remember ever having an issue with USPS...fwiw...
Well they lost my business one too many times as well as other consumers. They suck, their customer service sucks and even after filing a claim, they never followed up with me. It's dumb that you have to pay more for a tracking number and insurance.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/deliv...lost_mail.html
Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #27
XTR Performance
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opposed View Post
@TitanPerformance, I am having the same issue. Mine was purchased 7/24, and I have been told three times it was shipped, but I have not seen anything. I do want to add that im an NOT trying to plead fraud on your case, I have had nothing but great customer service from you, I just have not seen the pulley. At this point I am concerned if something is wrong somewhere down the line. My address is correct on paypal, so I don't think that is the case. I just don't know what to do at this point. I don't want a refund, I do want the pulley, and like I said, I do want to give you the business, you have been very nice and helpful, and I also have an AFE intake on order from you as well.
Just a heads up. We are Titan Performance Shoot me over a PM with your contact information and full name. I'm going to look up your order and have this issue resolved for you as well. If we need to I will get you another pulley send your way directly from Perrin.

Also like I said though USPS has lost some of our packages and today I just got a phone call from another customer of the Subaru forums that they were actually missing parts out of a box that I shipped them which was TAPED CLOSED. USPS is garbage and we will be using UPS in the future.

-Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to XTR Performance For This Useful Post:
RRnold (09-02-2012)
Old 09-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #28
XTR Performance
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteve View Post
Ugh can a mod change the title to something more appropriate like "issues" or "problems" cause fraud sounds a little over the top.
We would greatly appreciate this as well. We are in no way trying to "Fraud" anyone. It's way over the top.

-Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to XTR Performance For This Useful Post:
BRZranger (09-02-2012)