follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 11-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #141
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oem audio is working on an update to add more "boom" into the reference series. For those going to 86 bash I should have it in my car for demo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #142
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Confirmed that I'll have the retuned dsp and amp tomorrow for 86 bash in AZ. Can't wait to see what more boom sounds like on the reference series!!

Old 11-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #143
Davesta619

Drives: Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
Oem audio is working on an update to add more "boom" into the reference series. For those going to 86 bash I should have it in my car for demo.

So what is this more boom we talking about?
Davesta619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #144
Redline8k

Drives: work ride
its a second 8"sub on the driver side.... I would think it would just be easier to add some power via upgrading the amp or better 8" sub.
Redline8k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #145
MysteryMachine

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ, 2002 Bugeye OBS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
FYI they are having a black friday sale today!! $200 off! I also noticed now they ask what bass level you prefer "balanced", "full" or "robust" but no explanation really of the difference (The sale was enough to push me off the fence, I chose the 400CF - balance but maybe I should have chosen "robust"?). Also they have added the "SL series" which based on the picture looks like it steps up to dual subs, and replaces ALL the speakers.
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #146
shirker

Drives: '13 Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
FYI they are having a black friday sale today!! $200 off! I also noticed now they ask what bass level you prefer "balanced", "full" or "robust" but no explanation really of the difference (The sale was enough to push me off the fence, I chose the 400CF - balance but maybe I should have chosen "robust"?). Also they have added the "SL series" which based on the picture looks like it steps up to dual subs, and replaces ALL the speakers.
for anyone else's reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oemaudioplus View Post
Balanced: All about detailed reproduction. Deep bass without impeding highs.

Full: For the enthusiast Driver with a Aftermarket exhaust. Rich bass sound.

Robust: Max impact sound. Bass that is felt without the loss of clarity.
I think I'll go with robust
shirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #147
MysteryMachine

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ, 2002 Bugeye OBS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirker View Post
for anyone else's reference:

I think I'll go with robust
LOL "robust" is a funny word. Balanced does sound what I like. I love deep powerful bass - but only when the song calls for deep powerful bass I had my time in college with 2 10"s in a small truck - after owning it for a couple years my hearing was diminished so its better this way for me

Curious where did you get that quote from oemaudioplus? I didn't see that anywhere?
MysteryMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #148
shirker

Drives: '13 Limited BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMachine View Post
LOL "robust" is a funny word. Balanced does sound what I like. I love deep powerful bass - but only when the song calls for deep powerful bass I had my time in college with 2 10"s in a small truck - after owning it for a couple years my hearing was diminished so its better this way for me

Curious where did you get that quote from oemaudioplus? I didn't see that anywhere?
I PM'ed him about it and that was the explanation I got. Apparently the $200 off is still valid for a short while longer if one asks nicely
shirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #149
mf0722

Drives: FX35
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirker View Post
I PM'ed him about it and that was the explanation I got. Apparently the $200 off is still valid for a short while longer if one asks nicely
I saw these definitions on the O+ site but cannot find them now. Maybe they were on one of the pages that was up during the Black Friday promotion.

As for Black Friday, I pulled the trigger on a purchase of the Reference System. The $200 off deal made the decision a lot easier to make! I opted to go with the "Full" low frequency amp flash. My understanding is this flash setting is the most similar to the original 400+ amp flash. So far, I find the low frequencies are punchy but not boomy. The door mid-basses do not rattle the doors like the stock drivers. The sound is smooth, a bit tinny in the higher frequencies (which may smooth out after some burn-in.) I'll try EQ'ing the frequencies here and there, but overall the sound is as advertised - clean, crisp and clear. I am curious how the "Balanced" setting would be, to have a bit more low frequency output from the door mid-basses and a little less from the subwoofer. Once I get on the road, however, I may be glad I opted for Full.

Last but not least, thanks to Daniel La Blanc of O+ for performing the installation. Daniel went above and beyond, driving three hours in morning rush hour traffic to meet me at my work today to install the system. Many folks will opt to DIY the installation of an O+ system, but I felt the peace of mind and the expertise Daniel brought to the table were well worth the cost of the installation. Not to mention Daniel was quick and thorough in answering any questions I had, and just an overall good guy to boot. Kudos, Daniel!
mf0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #150
AzBRZ

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ with 4 pedals, '11 WRX
Just placed an order for the O+ Reference system; truly looking forward to having much better audio to compliment the driving fun. Even found a local member here to do the install since such things scare me.

AzBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #151
Haeb

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram Series
Installed my 400+ system and wow. So I dont completely duplicate a thread I'll just update this and and say all the positives listed by the OP and others...yeah those are no joke. This system wont win you any sound competition awards ( or maybe it will, hell what do I know about sound competitions?!?!?) but it will DRAMATICALLY improve the sound quality and overall driving experience. I installed mine yesterday in a little over 2 hours - so installation ease is as advertised. And each time I've driven since I do it with a big stupid smile on my face. Completely worth it. If your OE sound system is driving you nuts there is no way this set up will disappoint. If your last car had 2 20" subs with 50,000 watt amps that set off seismographs 50 miles away, this might not be the right thing for you. If you want a sound in your ride that makes ya smile- ya only live once...do it, you wont regret it.
Haeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #152
The2nd_Noel

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Can anyone with the OEM Audio+ installed try playing Katie Perry's Dark Horse? I installed the reference version yesterday and was very disappointed in that song. I think stock actually hit harder.

I double checked connections, but wanted to see what others experience before I do it a third time.

Also, Yuryur, what song were you listening to that takes rattled your mirrors? I can't get close to that.
The2nd_Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #153
oemaudioplus

Drives: http://bit.ly/Vantage86
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@The2nd_Noel, Great speaking with you yesterday. Please be sure to update us and the thread after you perform the radio swap on your end! We will not rest until your Reference 400CF exceeds your expectations!!!
oemaudioplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:23 PM   #154
DrDuquette

Drives: 2013 Premium White, 2006 TL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
My System is amazing

Quick note on my install. Everything went very well. Easy to install. Exactly what I was looking for. Sound is amazing!!! For the price and install simplicity, this is the way to go. I love listening to my music more than ever. Bass is perfect. Top end is super clear.
One of my best upgrades to date.
OEM Audio
DrDuquette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DrDuquette For This Useful Post:
oemaudioplus (12-29-2015)