follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #29
NESW20
2.1L 3SGTE

Drives: MR2 Turbo & Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i have the biggest problem with salespeople who beat on cars on their lot. prime example is when i was shopping for a new vehicle in 2005, the salesman pulled a brand new STI from its parking spot and immediately floored in down the aisle, cold engine and all. right in front of me, while i was watching. there was 0% chance i would be purchasing that car at that point.
2008 Civic Si Sedan
NESW20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NESW20 For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (06-21-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #30
Enigmus

Drives: 1996 Integra LS 4DR, 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmHamSandwich View Post
Agreed. If they are up front about it you have no right to complain. No one is twisting your arm or being deceptive.

Not trying to call OP out, but personally I would have a bigger problem with someone beating a car they have no intention of buying than a dealer saying they're charging markup from the get-go.

Maybe I'm a weirdo but on my test drive I was harder on the car I knew I was going to end up buying than the one I test drove for reference the week earlier. That's gonna be someone else's new car soon.
I totally understand where you're coming from. I didn't exactly drive it like a maniac no burnouts. Just a few spirited accelerations to 6k rpm. I live across the street from the dealership and I've seen 2 test drives on the same FRS so far and it's still there. Noone (at least from this forum) would buy it now since it's essentially a showroom demo.
Enigmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #31
Enigmus

Drives: 1996 Integra LS 4DR, 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genomaxter View Post
Dam! We need to meet up when I get my car from Ray Brandt. Its sitting in the showroom right now. I want to break in my car and head to the auto-cross at NOLA for June 3rd.
Definitely let me know when you head down here for either!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiHachiRoku View Post
This, and possibly leave some rubber on thier lot, j/k maybe not that lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
You should go back over to Bohn Bros Scion and show them the sale they lost. Congrats on your new car!
Haha I've thought of any possible excuse to drop by there just to say hi without feeling like i'm gloating.
A friend who was a former GM told me that salesmen wouldn't rub in the fact that they've actually found someone who's willing to pay over MSRP to those who walked away. He made good sense and I've lost the desire to go show them they lost a potential customer and referrals. I'm just happy I got another one exactly the same timeframe. I'm sure they'll see me anyways in the neighborhood.
Enigmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #32
Genomaxter

Drives: 2013 firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Picked up my car about 6 hours ago. Enjoying the hell out of it! Will def be taking it to NOLA motorsport park on Sun. Gonna be a great time! Will post picks later tonight!
Genomaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #33
cdrsfrg

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S 6 Speed Stock
I had the same problem with USAA, 2013 cars are so new that they do not have the VIN # in their computers.
cdrsfrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #34
Z_Rocks

Drives: Import
I was told that no Scion dealer is allowed to charge over the MSRP that Scion Company sets for. With Subaru dealers, that's not the case though.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Z_Rocks For This Useful Post:
b.e (06-21-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #35
Tbomb 25
Balance over power...

Drives: 13 Hot Lava Frs, 88 Supra Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chate View Post
Don't just assume they're suckers, early adopters are enthusiasts or elitists, the enthusiasts (ya'll) walk away, elitists have enough money to throw away so they get the car, getting a deal doesnt matter to them, and then the enthusiast buys it off them used in a year when they get bored...its a win-win!
Exactly most of us that have been waiting for this car have been lobying for a great price and a mark up is not part of the deal...im very proud that he walked away. Like i've stated several times this car wont be rare and their will be plenty to go around to us enthusiast in MT/AT in the exact color we want by the time august hits...
Tbomb 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #36
b.e

Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava, 2007 Tundra
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I was told that no Scion dealer is allowed to charge over the MSRP that Scion Company sets for. With Subaru dealers, that's not the case though.
I asked just that of my Scion dealer. he said it's a no-haggle price, no markups, and no markdowns. I'm surprised, actually, to hear of a Scion dealer doing this.
b.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #37
DespaiRepair

Drives: white 2013 Scion FR-S
Garage
Yeah, I have a subaru dealer and a scion dealer within 5 minutes of my house, preordered both the frs and brz; Scion does their "pure price" thing so they said $26K....subaru on the other hand gave me this whole "oh it's rare and even though you're the first person to ask about it we have millions of people waiting on it so we'll mark it up to $34K....for the base...." So...needless to say i picked up my FRS on 5/31 and told subaru to eat a ****. Cheers to all the new 86ers!
DespaiRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #38
shadoquad
a quote out of context

Drives: '20 BRZ, '17 Silverado, '17 S1000R
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Good for you, Enigmus. As automotive consumers, we need to have a backbone and encourage others to do so. Dealers are in business to make money, and they will run down a myriad of tricks to get you to pay more than the car is worth. AMV is one of those. Remember, folks, educate yourself before you hit showrooms.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #39
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
reminds me of a listing i see everyday:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/3063705310.html

not a toyota/scion dealership, but certainly a dealer that was hoping to make some bucks off of the "demand". it's been on sale for like 2 weeks.
m.box.design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #40
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
That's not true actually. Nearly every dealer/salesmen I have spoken to seems to agree with that though because they never bothered to read the text of Pure Price.

Pure Price does not mean MSRP. You can read it at Scion's website and no sign of the words Retail or MSRP are mentioned anywhere. All it says is the price you see is the price you pay and all pricing must be clearly listed for the customer to see, in adds, on the in store menu and on the dealers website. If they want to charge $1,000,000 they can, as long as that price is clearly listed.

The only reason we have seen Scion sticking to MSRP historically has been the fact that no one would dare pay more than MSRP for any model they have out...until the FR-S. Which in fact is the primary reason the car is being sold here as a Scion rather than a Toyota, because Toyota wanted to boost Scion awareness and sales.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #41
Koolkiid

Drives: 2013 Toyota Gt-86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm47 View Post
Everyone needs to walk awa from mark ups. We can't let them use the hype of the car to rip us off. I would rather wait a few months than have a shady dealer try to fuck me over.
Fuck! yeah walk away; I know I did. Ill just wait a month or two. All cars will be @ msrp.
Koolkiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #42
Lebowdia

Drives: Scion FR-S
I paid MSRP. Great buyer experience. Car came in 2 weeks earlier than promised. No B.S. just fantastic service. Kings Toyota. Cincinnato, Ohio. Bruce Ihle- Sales Associate. Black FR-S. LOVE IT!
Lebowdia is offline   Reply With Quote