follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-14-2021, 04:49 PM   #1
Hamza

Drives: Widebody 86/F56 Mini Cooper S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pops/Crackles when Shifting

Aight I found a similar topic but it was from a long time ago and no real solution.

Basically I have a 2014 cooper s and when you decide to go accelerate hard, you get a really satisfying BRRRR sound between shifts(then pops if you let off).

Not necessarily a copy paste but is there any way to get the shift pops (no clue what they're called) on the 86 with an oft?? I heard you can get some pops with a stage 1 and a muffler delete but I'm not sure.

Just for info I have a 2013 86 with stock exhaust and just a muffler delete.

Thank you
Hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:53 PM   #2
TAKECLEAR_86

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 Halo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've just got the remark axleback on mine and i get occasional pops after a downshift or just letting the engine rev down on its own when it's above 4k rpm.
TAKECLEAR_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TAKECLEAR_86 For This Useful Post:
Hamza (01-15-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 04:47 AM   #3
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,059 Times in 769 Posts
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
what he wants like the cooper s doesnt come with the stock tune
with oft you can t do much, you can put some pops and bangs in the low engine load range of the ignition timing base table but then you will have pops and bangs active all the time, and the accelerator pedal becomes sluggish

with ecutek and custom maps you can do a much better "crackle" that you can activate on deman with the ecutek app and regulate the intensity
This crackle activates when you press the clutch when you are shifting gears, so that timings get retarded on the transient moment that you press clutch and release acccelerator
there also various thresholds and timers so you don t get the sluggish pedal during normal driving

I always add it in my maps, i saw also Delicious tuning has a crackle options in their tunes
tomm.brz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
Hamza (01-15-2021), nerve86 (06-14-2022)
Old 01-15-2021, 05:41 AM   #4
Hamza

Drives: Widebody 86/F56 Mini Cooper S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
what he wants like the cooper s doesnt come with the stock tune
with oft you can t do much, you can put some pops and bangs in the low engine load range of the ignition timing base table but then you will have pops and bangs active all the time, and the accelerator pedal becomes sluggish

with ecutek and custom maps you can do a much better "crackle" that you can activate on deman with the ecutek app and regulate the intensity
This crackle activates when you press the clutch when you are shifting gears, so that timings get retarded on the transient moment that you press clutch and release acccelerator
there also various thresholds and timers so you don t get the sluggish pedal during normal driving

I always add it in my maps, i saw also Delicious tuning has a crackle options in their tunes
Yeah that's the issue with oft, I don't want the crackles to ALWAYS be there. Originally my plan was to go catless but after I realized how loud it actually is (and my friend's catless brz was taken away for a month ) I decided not to.

Delicious has a few tunes I've seen as well. I was just hoping there was something I could do under my own control. If you don't mind can you link me to delicious stage 1 as well please?
Hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:43 PM   #5
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,059 Times in 769 Posts
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
as I also do tuning for this car, if you want I can tune you with all the extra you want , otherwise ask them directly lol
tomm.brz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
Hamza (01-20-2021)