follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #365
getbit

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Edwards Subaru

I had a deal working on a WR blue Limited at Edwards Subaru in Iowa and was waiting for them to arrange shipping details when I had to rush a family member to the hospital just before the weekend.

Apparently, they decided to sell the car from underneath me and I only found out this morning, since the cowards failed to return my call on Saturday.

Admittedly, I didn't have a deposit on the car but was only waiting them to send me paperwork as negotiations were done.

Obviously, the stealership jumped on the better deal for them and screwed me over, since they were selling it to me discounted and had agreed to cover the shipping costs to Austin, Texas.

Anyone have a line on another BRZ for me?
getbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #366
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
I know that Montgomery Subaru (Montgomery, AL) has a WRB Premium with 6 speed coming in. They e-mailed me this weekend about it, but I want a Limited. I also know a couple dealers in the Northeast have a WRB Limited with 6 speed. I can get you the contact info of one of them.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #367
getbit

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I know that Montgomery Subaru (Montgomery, AL) has a WRB Premium with 6 speed coming in. They e-mailed me this weekend about it, but I want a Limited. I also know a couple dealers in the Northeast have a WRB Limited with 6 speed. I can get you the contact info of one of them.
King Tut,

Thanks, though I should have mentioned a few more details of what I'm looking for.

WRB (second choice: Galaxy blue)
Limited
Auto trans
Auto-Dim Mirror w/Compass & Homelink
Rear diffuser would be a plus
getbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #368
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I think this qualifies. Mike Shaw Subaru in Thornton CO had a GBS I was looking at, they were firm on 28,906 with option package 1b. They wouldn't work with me even on their nearly $600 dealer fee. Now that car is priced 2k more at 31,906.

I will be patiently waiting for my preorder, they wanted almost $1300 more when I was dealing with them, now it's $3300!!!

Edit: They have another one that just went up to 33k!

Last edited by michaelahess; 06-14-2012 at 07:04 PM.
michaelahess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #369
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Not really indicative of a bad dealer, but Heritage VW and Subaru in Maryland is listing a SSM BRZ that was already sold. Don't know why you would list a pre-sold vehicle......
Zadkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #370
Margovincent_22x

Drives: Lightning Red BRZ MT Limited
Subaru in CONCORD 5000 markup
Margovincent_22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #371
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Welsh Subaru wants a 2k markup over MSRP, if we're taking markups into account.
Zadkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #372
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margovincent_22x View Post
Subaru in CONCORD 5000 markup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
Welsh Subaru wants a 2k markup over MSRP, if we're taking markups into account.
It's sad that dealers are still doing this, even after the car has been in the states for over a month now. However, this thread is for dealers who said they are willing to sell at MSRP but later change it to something over that.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #373
BRZMike

Drives: 2006 Acura TL
Pre-ordered the premium trim in March from South Texas dealer. It just arrived however they delivered the limited trim instead. Of course they hyped it up and promptly took photos of me in the car before signing any sales contract. They then insisted on $5000 over MSRP and claimed this was fair considering they are a small dealer and some dealers are asking for $10,000 over. I had a feeling they were going to try this stunt considering they would not discuss price after the MSRP went public. The day I pre-ordered the car they also hyped it up saying I was 3rd in the nation to order it. This was clearly not true based on the numerous posts on this forum. In the end I left the car for someone else. Sad thing is after waiting several months for the car, they didn't even let me test drive it. Only got as far as to sit in it for the photo session. This was nothing like my favorable purchase through Gunn Acura for my last car. After driving a couple hours to Gunn, they actually sold me a car below what they quoted over the phone.
BRZMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #374
OMNOM
OM NOM NOM NOM

Drives: 2013 Infiniti G37xS Sedan
Just got off the phone with the sales manager of Grand Prix Subaru in Hicksville, NY. I told them I was interested in the BRZ and discussed the possibility of placing a deposit on one that they have in stock and making the 6 hour trip to pick it up Friday. The internet salesperson eventually had the sales manager call me in order to process my deposit. He informed me at the beginning of the phone call that the car was not available at the priced listed on their website (MSRP) and that they would be marking it up roughly $3000. I immediately ended the phone call.

Last edited by OMNOM; 06-20-2012 at 09:32 PM.
OMNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #375
Unleashed

Drives: 13' WRX
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm currently in the process of purchasing a BRZ through Subaru of Las Vegas and before I went there I went online and locked in the internet price (MSRP) and then when I went there they are saying that there is a 2100 dollar required package that comes with the car. It's a 2 yr/24k mile additional service package that covers all things not covered by the standard warranties (i.e. fluids brake checks tire rotations, and includes window tint, and pulse breaking system) How should I get them to drop this. It seems like their way of just marking up the price tag
Unleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #376
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Mike Shaw in Denver (Thornton) just got the GBS BRZ in that I tried to buy from them, still marked up 3k and they drilled the front bumper!

I told the dealer I'm ordering from not to wash or drill
michaelahess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #377
Jay Grey

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited DGM MT
Garage
I got a phone call today from one of my local Subaru dealerships. They wanted to let me know they got a Silver BRZ in if I wanted to check it out. I told him I only wanted a DGM Limited in MT. After work I still wanted to go check it out & I did. The silver looked nice in person, it gave the lines of the car more definition. It was a premium version MT, didn't want it but still wanted to explore some of the features a lil more. I thought the cloth seats weren't too bad, still had a nice look & feel to the interior. The Nav Radio was very nice; bluetooth, Satelite radio & nav. Was very easy to understand & operate. The HID's definitely make the car much better, especially with the led ring around it. I saw it had a auto dimmer mirror w homelink. Nice feature if u have a garage at your home & are sensitive to headlights at night like a dear. Lol. It also had wheels locks & a bumper protectant by the trunk. I decided to look at the sticker finally & there it was the price for the factory add ons & a lil sheet next the window sticker that said A.M.V.? So I asked the Sales Manger what is that add on & he said, Adjusted Market Value... of $3200 on top of the 26200 with all the add ons. So bringinging a grand total of $29,900 for a BRZ Premium? I told the manager that is outrageous & unfair to others who want to purchase the vehicle. Its not like people cant get them anywhere else or get an FR-S. They are not that limited for someone to pay that price especially for a premium. I specifically told him if my BRZ DGM Limited comes in & if there are any add ons other than a dimming mirror & chrome fender trim don't bother calling me at all. Especially if you think your gonna add that bull crap of Adjusted Market Value. So if your heading to this dealership don't be fooled by good looks of the car, ask questions & get it at MSRP(Pure Price). Even though it wasn't the car I was purchasing I wouldn't wanna see my fellow members get robbed. So I put Lester Glenn Subaru in Toms River, NJ off of Route 37 on the Blacklist.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #378
Tman08

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Well today was interesting. I was casually browsing on subarus website a few days ago and came across a WRB AT limited that was located near a dealership close to my house. Before I go further, let me first clarify that I was well aware of this dealers bad reputation and was not planning on buying from them for any reason anyway.

Upon arriving there, I was informed that this was one of two that was delivered to them and was available. Their first in line of 6 was still waiting to get delivery of his. After looking over the options and accessories (no spoiler or foglights), the car was listed at.....29,580!

So I asked the salesman why the price markup on the least equipped model. "We gave it our premium polish and detail package, similar to what we put on all Porsches at our Porsche dealership across the street. Also these cars are hard to find and this isn't as high, compared to the dealer north, selling for 10k over msrp." So that was the first thing shady. Second thing I noticed was their test drive. While I fully understand the need to keep the miles down, this particular car had around 20 miles on it, so I assumed it was tested at some point.

He then went on to mention that Subaru of America would be here the following day demonstrating a silver brz and allowing test drives to the public. When I arrived this morning to drive, the sales manager had me wait in their showroom for 30min, only to tell me that I could ride in the car, but not drive it.

"It's a car from the manufacturer and you can't drive it due to the insurance." after telling him I have already ridden in the car and only wanted a drive, he then tried selling me on the marked up WRB. "you can drive it once we talk numbers and you are committed, but you can only take it up to 4k (understandable, due to the low miles and break in)." I was not happy after calling twice before arriving with them telling me I could test drive it, then driving all the way out there for nothing.

I thanked them for wasting my time and left. If anyone is thinking of buying in the Clearwater or St Petersburg fl area, I don't suggest giving Bert Smith Subaru your business after what I witnessed.

Last edited by Tman08; 06-23-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Change
Tman08 is offline   Reply With Quote