follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2021, 05:31 AM   #1
DoofyBrd

Drives: Subaru Brz Limited 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question OFT Problems

Hi, I'm having a problem reflashing my car. I gave it a stage 1 tune a couple of months ago. I recently upgraded to Uel Catless headers, and every time I connect my oft to my car it says ECU number mismatch! Every time I plug my oft into my computer it says the device has never been used. I don't know what to do and I am stuck. Please help! Also is it bad to drive in stage 1 with cat-less headers and a cat-back exhaust?
Attached Images

DoofyBrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:06 PM   #2
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoofyBrd View Post
Hi, I'm having a problem reflashing my car. I gave it a stage 1 tune a couple of months ago. I recently upgraded to Uel Catless headers, and every time I connect my oft to my car it says ECU number mismatch! Every time I plug my oft into my computer it says the device has never been used. I don't know what to do and I am stuck. Please help! Also is it bad to drive in stage 1 with cat-less headers and a cat-back exhaust?

Try flashing back to stock and then re-download all the tune files. Maybe also update your software I spent 30 minutes yesterday updating my device because Im doing a revision on my tune.

Does you OFT allow you to "Read" you ECU?
Old 10-18-2021, 08:45 PM   #3
DoofyBrd

I tried flashing my car back to stock, but it won't let me read the ECU. Every time I try to tune my car it say's "Tuning file mismatching. ECU write denied" I'm pretty much stuck, I emailed OFT a week ago, but still haven't they haven't got back to me yet.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #4
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoofyBrd View Post
I tried flashing my car back to stock, but it won't let me read the ECU. Every time I try to tune my car it say's "Tuning file mismatching. ECU write denied" I'm pretty much stuck, I emailed OFT a week ago, but still haven't they haven't got back to me yet.
Yeah, their response time takes forever.

There's gotta be some sort of files on your computer, like when you download the tune files and your ECU number for the first time. I hope OFT gets in contact but try every single route, even their Facebook page.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:15 AM   #5
DoofyBrd

I'll definitely give that a try, thanks for the input man!
The Following User Says Thank You to DoofyBrd For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (10-20-2021)

Tags
brz, help please, mxp exhaust, oft tablet, uel header