follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #141
stanm

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Referring to some posts here, it doesn't matter if its a brand new exotic or a 20 year old rust bucket Corolla. You always respect other people's property!
stanm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stanm For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (11-11-2012), HotLeopardMama (11-10-2012), shotizzle (11-10-2012), Tanuki (11-10-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #142
german86

Drives: GT86(ordered), Avensis T22 Wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This is crazy!!! Never thought that mechanics from a Dealer are doing things like crazy teens!!! I would show it the dealer and a lawyer!!! Where and what Kind of dash cam did you buy??
Thank you !! greets joerg

sent via brain 1.1
german86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #143
Jeff86

Drives: 86 (FR-S)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Do you redline your car when it's cold? Do you dump the clutch on your car when it's cold?

Do you believe that customer's property should be treated with respect?

Your answers to those questions will determine whether or not it's a "big deal" to you.
From the second half of my post I'm sure you can guess that I personally do think it's a big deal. Due to past experiences, I don't trust the dealership with any service I can possibly perform myself, and it's irritating when you have no choice but to place the car in their hands for warranty service.

I hate even handing my car over to a valet for parking.
Jeff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #144
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff86 View Post
From the second half of my post I'm sure you can guess that I personally do think it's a big deal. Due to past experiences, I don't trust the dealership with any service I can possibly perform myself, and it's irritating when you have no choice but to place the car in their hands for warranty service.

I hate even handing my car over to a valet for parking.
Sorry that wasn't really directed at you, more in general to answer the "is it a big deal" question.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #145
White Shadow
Banned

Drives: 12,000 miles per year
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Actually, I'm surprised they didn't steal your dash cam. I guess they somehow didn't even notice it though...
White Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #146
PNW FRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If it's on the Internet it must be true...

After following this post for days, my only question is, "Am I the only one who finds it odd that a high percentage of forum users have played judge, jury , and executioner without seeing (viewing) one frame of the video that supposedly exists?"
PNW FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #147
White Shadow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW FRS View Post
After following this post for days, my only question is, "Am I the only one who finds it odd that a high percentage of forum users have played judge, jury , and executioner without seeing (viewing) one frame of the video that supposedly exists?"
So you're suggesting that this is all just a fictional story, posted here by a trolling member who wants to incite flame wars?

Nah, I think it actually happened, even if the video is never posted.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #148
shotizzle
First 86

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
we "do not" want to post any videos because we believe in Scion HQ that they will make things right and I am sure they don't want to be represented like that. It goes beyond just "hard driving". that's put it this way, as a female, I don't feel comfortable going back....
shotizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shotizzle For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (11-11-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #149
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Drives: '13 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotizzle View Post
we "do not" want to post any videos because we believe in Scion HQ that they will make things right and I am sure they don't want to be represented like that. It goes beyond just "hard driving". that's put it this way, as a female, I don't feel comfortable going back....
So you don't want to post the video because you don't want to hurt Scion of America. But you say you're not comfortable going back to that dealership, and yet you won't share with the community which dealership it was. Can I ask why?

I need service done sometime soon, and yet am hesitant to do so till I hear more details. So if you're that confident that your car was abused there, why won't you help the rest of us out?

EDIT: I just re-read your post, and if the dealership was giving you grief because you're a woman, the I REALLY want to know which one it is, and strongly feel you have no reason to protect them. That shit doesn't fly in my book!
TuxedoCartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:41 AM   #150
White Shadow
Banned

Don't be gun shy about bringing your car to the dealer. The chances of you having a similar problem is very small. And unless you happen to have a dash cam, then you'd probably never even know if something like that happened with your car too.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #151
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
Don't be gun shy about bringing your car to the dealer. The chances of you having a similar problem is very small. And unless you happen to have a dash cam, then you'd probably never even know if something like that happened with your car too.
Which is all the more reason why I want to know which dealership allows its employees to abuse cars. Just because I can't see it doesn't mean I'm okay with it happening.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #152
White Shadow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman View Post
Which is all the more reason why I want to know which dealership allows its employees to abuse cars. Just because I can't see it doesn't mean I'm okay with it happening.
Okay, but I think you missed my point. The odds of it happening to you are probably one in a million, so don't get too worried about bringing your car in for service.

And besides, do you really think that ANY dealership allows its employees to abuse cars? Or is it more likely that a dealership employee would be breaking the rules when he/she decides to abuse a customer's car? That can happen virtually anywhere. Posting specific information in this thread isn't going to change that. If the OP said, "hey, it happened at ACME Scion in Quahog" does that mean you'll avoid that particular dealership? Okay, great. So you bring your car into the next closest dealership and you think you've somehow increased your odds?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #153
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
Okay, but I think you missed my point. The odds of it happening to you are probably one in a million, so don't get too worried about bringing your car in for service.

And besides, do you really think that ANY dealership allows its employees to abuse cars? Or is it more likely that a dealership employee would be breaking the rules when he/she decides to abuse a customer's car? That can happen virtually anywhere. Posting specific information in this thread isn't going to change that. If the OP said, "hey, it happened at ACME Scion in Quahog" does that mean you'll avoid that particular dealership? Okay, great. So you bring your car into the next closest dealership and you think you've somehow increased your odds?
No, the odds AREN'T one in a million. If there is a lax attitude towards employees recklessly driving customer cars at a dealership, then that same employee will continue to do so. Did you ever get behind the wheel of a sports car, drive it fast one time, get out, and go, "Well, that was fun... guess I'll go buy me a minivan now." No. If the kid's doing this with one, he's doing it with others too. And I don't want to be one of the "others".

And while I have a sneaking suspicion this is all too common at dealership service centers, I'd rather do what I can to minimize the risk; and part of that is identifying which dealership has employees abusing cars, then avoiding them. If you don't want spit in your McDonald's, where do you go: the McDonald's two blocks over, or the McDonald's where last time your friend went he got a Quarter-Pound Spit w/ Cheese?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #154
Double4Free
Ashes to ashes.

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oh God. I read through this thread. I'm assuming the tech was testing the car, but maybe took it a BIT too far. Take it from me, I hate anyone even sitting in the drivers seat of my car, much less actually turning it on. Talk to the manager, get a free oil change and an inspection for your car to make sure its alright, and move on with life. Searously with the "try to get a new FR-S" posts, or the "tie the tech to a cross and crucify him while simultaneously setting him on fire and killing his dog" posts?

/endrant