follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 12-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #1639
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshaa View Post
Hello everyone, I just created an account on the forums after lurking for years. Finally decided to do so as I'm ready to buy an FRS

The only thing holding me back is the official announcement of the Monogram series (which moto-p mentioned in Oct and finally posted a pic of in Whiteout). I've visited all the local dealers (Cambridge, Heffner and Guelph), but I've heard bad things of Cambridge and good from Guelph through forum posts. Which is the best one to go to for not only the best deal but highest quality service?

I look forward to joining the ownership club come spring 2014!
Guelph definitely treated me well and I haven't heard of a bad review from anyone that I know who has bought from them. They are also active members in the forum and not just to drum up business. They are passionate about our cars.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #1640
Rakshaa
Milton 86 Club

Drives: Lexus IS350, GT86, Mini Cooper, CBR
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred7 View Post
Guelph definitely treated me well and I haven't heard of a bad review from anyone that I know who has bought from them. They are also active members in the forum and not just to drum up business. They are passionate about our cars.
Funny, I want to get a Firestorm AT as well

Thanks for the quick response Demandred7
Rakshaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #1641
Demandred7

Quote:
Funny, I want to get a Firestorm AT as well

Thanks for the quick response Demandred7
Firestorm FTW. The Monogram series certainly sounds appealing (similar to a series 10 except you get to pick the colour). Ironically Firestorm wasn't my first choice, but, it looks better in person and I honestly couldn't wait after I test drove the car. The AT is a little slower off the line than the manual, but, it is the best auto that I have ever driven and have no regrets getting the AT.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #1642
Rakshaa
Milton 86 Club

Drives: Lexus IS350, GT86, Mini Cooper, CBR
Quote:
Firestorm FTW. The Monogram series certainly sounds appealing (similar to a series 10 except you get to pick the colour). Ironically Firestorm wasn't my first choice, but, it looks better in person and I honestly couldn't wait after I test drove the car. The AT is a little slower off the line than the manual, but, it is the best auto that I have ever driven and have no regrets getting the AT.
Exactly my thoughts! I spent months deliberating transmission and colour combos, but it all came down to it being my DD (commute to work with lots of traffic) and what my other half wanted. So that settled the AT/MT debate.

I test drove the AT last summer and it was very responsive and still fun to drive, so I agree with everyone else...best AT I've driven!

As for the colour, my first choices were ultramarine (because my prelude is blue, and I love it) and Asphalt. I decided against both as the ultramarine didn't go well with the red accented seats IMO even though the paint was beautiful and the while the asphalt looked incredible during the day and in sunlight, the gloomy days made it appear dull. Again, Firestorm came up as the classic sports car red and I think overall it's a fun colour for a fun car. I'm not going to be getting a bright red sedan in the future, so might as well get it on the sports car!
Rakshaa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rakshaa For This Useful Post:
Demandred7 (12-08-2013)
Old 12-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #1643
Slartibartfast
Klaatu barada nikto

Drives: Raven FR-S MT
Garage
Quote:
^^ What he said.

I vow to do no harm.
2013 Raven FR-S Manual "Lenore"
1985 Silver RX-7 GSL-SE (Gone and missed)
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #1644
LangJai

Drives: Acura CSX-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sooo I test drove a FR-S mt in Guelph a few days ago....and I thought it was a fun car and makes me wonder if I wanna trade in my CSX type S (similar to civic si sedan). Anyone here came from Hondas? I'm also considering s2k's as well
LangJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #1645
Demandred7

Not directly, but, my next to last car was an Acura RSX Premium (although not necessarily comparable (it was an AT and only 160 hp)). As you may have noticed on your test drive, there is a little more torque lower in the rev range and not as premium on the inside compared to Acura. If you are looking for a little more features, the rumored monogram series might be just the right feature set. Obviously the FA20 engine doesn't have the same VTEC wail, but, the RWD adds a different (and fun) dimension. Similarly, most of the power is above 5000 rpm. Obviously S2K'S are awesome cars too, but, obviously you are getting into a previously loved vehicle with the uncertainty of how much the car was caned by its owner.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #1646
RedFR-s
Builder/Driver/Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Turbo Firestorm
Quote:
I bought my car from Guelph. Unmatched customer service and no hassle sales. Great guys to buy from.
2013 Honda CBR 250 Repsol- Toy
2017 Toyota Tacoma - The Rig
RedFR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #1647
RedFR-s
Builder/Driver/Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Turbo Firestorm
Quote:
Exactly my thoughts! I spent months deliberating transmission and colour combos, but it all came down to it being my DD (commute to work with lots of traffic) and what my other half wanted. So that settled the AT/MT debate.

I test drove the AT last summer and it was very responsive and still fun to drive, so I agree with everyone else...best AT I've driven!

As for the colour, my first choices were ultramarine (because my prelude is blue, and I love it) and Asphalt. I decided against both as the ultramarine didn't go well with the red accented seats IMO even though the paint was beautiful and the while the asphalt looked incredible during the day and in sunlight, the gloomy days made it appear dull. Again, Firestorm came up as the classic sports car red and I think overall it's a fun colour for a fun car. I'm not going to be getting a bright red sedan in the future, so might as well get it on the sports car!
Firestorm FTW. As soon as I saw the interior it was red or nothing (I'm a bit OCD like that) plus my last car was red, and there is just something about red and sports cars that go together. Asphalt was a close second with black in third.
2013 Honda CBR 250 Repsol- Toy
2017 Toyota Tacoma - The Rig
RedFR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #1648
KPDoubleX
❤ fr-s love ❤

Drives: 13 Asphalt Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFR-s View Post
I bought my car from Guelph. Unmatched customer service and no hassle sales. Great guys to buy from.
Bought my FRS from Guelph as well. Went to many other dealerships who all pulled some shady shit with me, went to guelph and never looked back. They are also amazing with their parts service, they dont question you when you have an issue and the Scion Guys keep in touch with all their customers and host us regularly at the dealership. Come and be apart of the Guelph family

Asphalt Scion FR-S
Enkei | Aero Jacket | BC Racing | Invida | AFE | JL Audio | Seibon | Chargespeed | Cusco | Mishimoto | Spec D |

www.themodmarket.com
KPDoubleX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KPDoubleX For This Useful Post:
Harbinger of Darkness (12-12-2013), jamies31 (12-11-2013), Slartibartfast (12-11-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #1649
Harbinger of Darkness
Front Toward Enemy

Drives: Asphalt 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
It's been about a week.

Pints?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #1650
thorlius
Canadian

Drives: Frieda: Firestorm/MT (11/28/2012)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Fog lights installed today! No pictures because my cell phone camera can't handle the glare at night, so you'll have to come out to a meet to see them if you really care.

Great job by Guelph Scion. And @jamies31, I was wrong, there is a light on the dash when the fogs are on. I guess I just couldn't see it during the day while I was focusing on surviving the roads today.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #1651
thorlius
Canadian

Drives: Frieda: Firestorm/MT (11/28/2012)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I've visited all the local dealers (Cambridge, Heffner and Guelph), but I've heard bad things of Cambridge and good from Guelph through forum posts. Which is the best one to go to for not only the best deal but highest quality service?

I look forward to joining the ownership club come spring 2014!
I got mine from Heffner because I test drove the car there and signed papers after the test drive. The sales guy was nice, and the dealership was fine - other than how long it took me to get the car, I didn't have any complaints - but I would still recommend Guelph for the same reasons posted above.

And if you like pints and car talk, hopefully we'll see you at a meet some time soon!
Slartibartfast (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #1652
Slartibartfast
Klaatu barada nikto

Drives: Raven FR-S MT
Garage
Saturday meet anyone? There's a certain 'murican that needs a proper send off. Well, there's time for a few send off meets, but the holidays will likely delay many more before the new year.
@Rutter , you get to choose the "adult beverage establishment". I work until 5:00ish. So a little after that?

Who's in?
Attached Images

I vow to do no harm.
2013 Raven FR-S Manual "Lenore"
1985 Silver RX-7 GSL-SE (Gone and missed)
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slartibartfast For This Useful Post:
Rutter (12-18-2013)