follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #1
Carolina Dyno

Drives: 2013
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Potential Product Issue - Diff Bushings

If you have purchased a set of my diff bushings please check the two bushings at the rear off the diff that press into the sub frame. A customer has recently reported that his OEM bolts were to long.

This is the first I've heard of it from any customer and he has a very early production car so it maybe a fluke. In case it's not I'm offering free shorter bolts to anyone that needs them. They are nice Zinc plated 10.9 flange bolts, just like stock only a few mm shorter.

Please email me at ben@salaskoracing.com as I will likely not check this thread near as often as my email.

Sorry if anyone has had to source these bolts on their own.
Attached Images

Carolina Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Dyno For This Useful Post:
86_IT (12-01-2018), FirstWinter (12-04-2018), kch (12-03-2018), WRBrzRX (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
86_IT

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
As this was my car that the issue was discovered on I'd like to give some background. My car, an early 2013, was involved in an on track incident at Laguna Seca. The damage was pretty extensive to the left rear quarter panel, rear suspension, and subframe. The car was repaired to back within factory specs, infact better than factory. The factory allows 3mm of underbody variance and the car is now within 1mm. That being said, the rear subframe was damaged so I decided to upgrade to a Salasko Racing rear subframe with solid bushings as my car is a track car. Ben was amazing throughout the process of purchasing, shipping, etc. He was very responsive to questions even while on the road for races. Once the bodywork was done I brought the car home stripped the the damaged rear suspension and subframe and prepped the car to have the new subframe installed. Everything went right in as expected until the diff went in. This is when we discovered that the factory bolt was a few mm too long and was bottoming out in the diff before it was tightened against the bushing. As soon as I discovered the issue I messaged Ben and he was incredibly apologetic and instantly sought a solution. We took measurements and eventually landed on the solution of finding shorter grade 10 bolts, which Ben supplied free of charge. This level of customer service was beyond what I expected and I am totally happy with how Ben handled the situation! The bolts were received within a couple days and totally solved the issue. I couldn't be happier to do business with Ben and Salasko Racing and have since recommended the products to several friends and other enthusiasts. I am completely happy with the product and it has totally transformed my car. The quality is amazing and the customer service is even better! I hope that together we found a potential issue and have solved it for current or future owners!
Here are some pictures of the subframe and my rear suspension setup.

FirstWinter (12-04-2018), Leonardo (12-01-2018), Stang70Fastback (12-01-2018), whataboutbob (12-01-2018), WRBrzRX (12-01-2018)